Why is Warren's campaign tanking all of a sudden?

Author: Imabench

Total: 71
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
Can Warren take Kamala's supporters?
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
All 3% of them? Doesn't seem likely to make much of a difference. Kamela had become a non factor awhile ago. Even if everyone single one of them went to 1 candidate (which isn't likely), it wouldn't really change the rankings. 
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@HistoryBuff
All 3% of them?
Beat me to it XD

Ruby
Debates: 1
Ruby
-->
@HistoryBuff

I think the pundits are right that her drop is about healthcare, but they took the complete wrong message from it. She was surging when she was saying she fully believed in Medicare for all. When she released her financing for it, which included weird gimmicks and a head tax, she lost some steam. When she announced she would split it into 2 different bills, which would essentially kill medicare for all, she started a freefall. 

The problem isn't that she is too far left, as most pundits would have you believe, the problem is that she bailed on medicare for all and tanked her support. 

So you think the best option is not in the middle?  What about the black vote or 'philly' as I think ethang put it?  This is strongly against Trump and that is the main concern from this group it seems.  With this vote and a better vote from the republicans isn't this better?  I agree here, I am only curious because I do not like the uncertainty with the influence from the United States is now is unreliable.  It is not so much political as it would be better to see a stable leader in control and this is not what the perception is now.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
Every bit counts
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Ruby
So you think the best option is not in the middle?
The entire idea of a "middle" is a myth sold to you by people who don't want change. Politics is far more complicated than "left" and "right". Neo liberals don't represent the middle of anything. They represent the wealthy and the powerful. 

What about the black vote or 'philly' as I think ethang put it?
The best way to attract votes, is by speaking to the issues that affect them. Tell those people that you see the problem and tell them how you will fix it. People like Sanders are very good at that. They see the problems and can tell you how they will fix them. People who like to call themselves "centrists" can't because at their core they don't want to fix them. They represent people who like the system broken. So they are only willing to round off some of the roughest edges of the problem while refusing to go after the underlying issue. This usually makes them seem inauthentic, because they are pretty much just lying to you.

You can see the false idea of "centrism" in the 2nd choices people have for candidates. The top 2nd choice for Biden supporters is Sanders. The top 2nd choice for Sanders supporters is Biden. If you look at them only as "left" or "centrist" candidates that doesn't make any sense. That is because those 2 are the most trusted to actually do something about problems. It isn't about ideology, it is about who people believe will actually fix the problem. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
The Democrats are bound for failure this election. It was a split between Warren/Biden/Sanders. The Liberals are going to dig their own hole. They are ganging up on each other when they need to gang up on other. I see comment sections where they flame Pete Buttigieg or the other candidates. This is going to cause haste between party and overall cause Trump to win the elections, which I will be OK with!
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
The Liberals believe that helping illegal immigrants to go college is better than helping legal middle class people go to college. Classic hypocrisy 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
They are ganging up on each other when they need to gang up on other.
This is just a ridiculous read of the situation. The republican 2016 primary was one of the most fractious ones ever. That didn't stop trump from winning. Getting the bad stuff into the open in the primary is the whole point. The problem isn't that they are pointing out flaws. The problem is the corporatist media actively trying to hide them. Such as Biden making no sense, Pete lying about black people that support him etc. 

I see comment sections where they flame Pete Buttigieg or the other candidates. This is going to cause haste between party and overall cause Trump to win the elections
Strongly disagree. Trump held back nothing at all as he flamed the entire republican party in 2016. He then managed to win the election (while still losing the popular vote). You don't win by hiding the flaws of a candidate in the primary. That stuff with definitely come up in the general election. If they can't defend themselves against it in a primary, they won't do any better at it in the general election.

The Liberals believe that helping illegal immigrants to go college is better than helping legal middle class people go to college. Classic hypocrisy 
Umm no, no they are not. They want everyone to go to be able to go to college. But nice try though.

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Ruby
runs a large town 
He runs the 306th largest town in the US. Not very big, with just over 100,000 people.

There were less than 11,000 votes in his entire mayoral general election. Not very impressive.

Ruby
Debates: 1
Ruby
I see, I had an impression that it was larger, a few million.  I should have searched for this.