the bible is real and YHWH is the one true god, now what?

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 45
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@3RU7AL
You don't need to hate an enemy to not allow them to destroy creation, why you keep insisting that we must "beat the shyte out of them or kill them out of hate" in order to neutralize a given situation (without disturbing the principle of love) is rather immature and strange. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Though it was you that suggested that Jesus was into a bit of scourging.

And any psychologist will inform you of the subliminal implications of such an action.

Ergo, not as stupid as you might want to think.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
...why you keep insisting that we must "beat the shyte out of them or kill them out of hate" in order to neutralize a given situation (without disturbing the principle of love) is rather immature and strange. 
It's typical. To have any argument at all, he must reduce the situation to a simplistic and childish dichotomy. "we must "beat the shyte out of them or be pacifist" - no other options.

As an insurance policy, he has also misdefined "love your enemies" as pacifism.

He's not here for dialogue etrn, he's venting.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Though it was you that suggested that Jesus was into a bit of scourging.
Yeah. We know what you thought.

And any psychologist will inform you of the subliminal implications of such an action.
Any stupid one would, sure.

Ergo, not as stupid as you might want to think.
Lol. The stupidity, like the infantilism, was not in my thoughts zed.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
The stupidity was not in my thoughts
You assumed my stupidity, so it was definitely in your thoughts.

And Jesus fashioned a scourge.                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Not an instantaneous response then.

A pre-meditated act of corporal punishment more like.

Whatever turns you on as they say.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
You assumed my stupidity, so it was definitely in your thoughts
Did I also assume your infantilism?

Not an instantaneous response then.
Lol. Not a French response either.

Whatever turns you on as they say.
You think my relating a historical event is somehow sexual to me?

Why you said what you did about perverts is starting to be understandable.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@ethang5
I would have expected this behavior from Disgusted. Oh, and of course Stevie wonder boy....Mr. can't find an actual contradiction to save his life. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@EtrnlVw
3RU7AL sometimes lurches into occasional weirdness. One time he suddenly began mirror posting. I felt it was very unlike him.

Maybe there are two people with access to his account. The smart one we usually see, and the .... less smart... one who once in a while pops up.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
(IFF) there is variation in the interpretation of the holy scriptures (multiple Christian denominations) (THEN) the holy scriptures cannot be the true and plain, infallible, perfect, literal word of an all-wise and all-knowing god.

The main problem here is that it is not orthodox to call scripture "the true and plain, infallible, perfect, literal word of an all-wise and all-knowing god."

The answer to the rest of your question is The Orthodox Catholic Church.

If you want to learn Christianity, this is the definitive Christian Church. It is the original church. All other churches can be traced back to their deviation from Orthodoxy.

Do you really care to know? Go to The Orthodox Church. Accept no other substitute.

Can't please God without faith.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@EtrnlVw
You're being childish and that's disappointing. You are one of my fav posters. You can block an enemy without attacking or any hate involved. I can turn the other cheek if you'd like to slap my face but if you put a knife to my throat or my loved ones I'm going to intervene, without hate. I'm not ignoring what the scripture says at all, you seem to be the one twisting them into something else. 
Certainly you protect yourself and your family and your territory.  That's basic mammalian instinct.  Not scripture.

I'm just asking, "where does Jesus say it's ok to kill in self-defense?"

Love thine enemy, turn the other cheek, go the extra mile, give away your cloak, and...  ...then what?  Where are the exceptions?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Imagine choosing a religion then finding out what the true book that god did is. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@EtrnlVw
You don't need to hate an enemy to not allow them to destroy creation, why you keep insisting that we must "beat the shyte out of them or kill them out of hate" in order to neutralize a given situation (without disturbing the principle of love) is rather immature and strange. 
You can defend against an angry child (not an enemy) without harming them.

You can love an angry child (not an enemy) and keep them from wreaking havoc without resorting to violence.

I understand what you mean in this case.

HOWEveR, a group of mafiosos with guns is another case altogether.

You have to understand that many Jews believed Jesus (the Messiah) was going to free them from the Romans.

Many believed Jesus would lead a violent revolt that would destroy their oppressors.

Obviously this never happened.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
Many believed Jesus would lead a violent revolt that would destroy their oppressors.

Obviously this never happened.

Jesus didn't simply destroy The Roman Empire, He conquored it. He got The Roman Empire to confess Jesus Christ before collapsing.
That in itself is a miracle.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
Jesus didn't simply destroy The Roman Empire, He conquored it. He got The Roman Emoire to confess Jesus Christ before collapsing.
That in itself is a miracle.
Constantine was CONVINCED by the PACIFIST Christian martyrs.

And then twisted Christianity into a weapon of the rich and powerful that Jesus would scarcely recognize.

Yeah, not quite the "conquering" most people would associate with "victory".
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
I am willing to bet you aren't familiar with how we see things. Very different.

But yeah, Constantine overall had a positive influence in his lifetime. Emperors attempting to meddle with the church was a problem even after Constantine endorsed Christianity.

The victory is that God rules over all. God already won. Rome certainly confessed Christ before falling, and that in itself is still a miracle.