QFS2 - End Game

Author: drafterman

Total: 47
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
Well whatever Press did, plus your claim made the lack of an NK very convincing. And you did nothing that made me think you were Mafia
I wasn't looking for Mafia actively since I was third party, so you should ask Lunatic and some others, but you did well
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
I didn't town read Sir. I would have been down to lynch him if there was support for it. These games feel kind of scum sided though, due to town having to worry about 3rd party and mafia, and being down a number early in NP0. Like with the information available to us, I don't know how I could have played that differently really. I am wondering if in the future I will do this with just one mafia, and the rest townies, no third parties
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Right, really in the future I think we simply have to not trust any third party. However in that case, we would've killed Press and lost when he was jester

However, I definitely still like the aspect. Maybe in the future we should only use the third parties that can joint win (mine will be either or though)
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Right, really in the future I think we simply have to not trust any third party
I was going to suggest that logic to get you lynched that last day phase, but I decided against it on the offchance you could actually win with town. Figured pie was likely mafia based on events. Looked through the role list pretty thoroughly, but I guess I didn't see your role as an option for him. Pie's inactivity was kind of hurtful but I'm not sure how he would be able to explain away not being able to be lynched anyway.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Exactly!

I actually almost messed myself up. I could prove Press was insane because he said I was innocent and I should've been guilty, but then drafter warned me that if I was investigated guilty and I was third party, I couldn't joint win, so I had to quickly change that and say that I would've been investigated innocent anyway

Press lying is really what messed us up
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
How did you randomly sort/choose the roles?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
Did I have any scum tells, or was it just PressF's guilty result that made you suspect me? When did you first suspect me?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
Excel, RAND(), sort by colum
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
Use this:

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
Check/Uncheck the button to shuffle
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
There were a couple things, but not strong scum tells. In post 13 when you assumed press was instantly scum because he had a wrong result on you, I thought that was a bit OMGUS'y and close minded if you were town. For example, as town if someone came out with a result on me, I would assume I was framed first, or that the cop was flavored if my lynch wouldn't result in a loss for town. Even though press lied and was conveniently right, the logic would be he would have no reason to lie if he was town (he didn't so idk why tf he did and am eating my own words). Him getting fake results on you wouldn't make sense. But it also worked against press IMO because he was just as close minded about it. Also I thought you WIFOMing about how you wouldn't waive a night kill was a bit scummy, mostly because you were just in a game with me where I did it, and it worked, so you should know there is potential in that as a strategy.

Regardless, I didn't really think any of it was scummy enough to push you over pie, and circumstances around roles and lynching mechanics had more of an effect on my decision than anything. I would have been willing to lynch you, but you weren't a strong read, and I was even second guessing any scum read on you anyway because as scum I didn't think it would make sense for you to counter press by trying to lynch him, as that 1 v 1 would result in your demise upon perss's flip.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
It's view only so it's not working
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
Thanks for the feedback.
In post 13 when you assumed press was instantly scum because he had a wrong result on you, I thought that was a bit OMGUS'y and close minded if you were town. For example, as town if someone came out with a result on me, I would assume I was framed first, or that the cop was flavored if my lynch wouldn't result in a loss for town. 
That was inexperience on my part. I didn't even think about that.
Also I thought you WIFOMing about how you wouldn't waive a night kill was a bit scummy, mostly because you were just in a game with me where I did it, and it worked, so you should know there is potential in that as a strategy.
There was no cop in that game. I knew the potential in that strategy, but I didn't think it would work with a cop in the game. I was telling the truth about the NK. There was no way I would have waived it.
I would have been willing to lynch you, but you weren't a strong read, and I was even second guessing any scum read on you anyway because as scum I didn't think it would make sense for you to counter press by trying to lynch him, as that 1 v 1 would result in your demise upon perss's flip.
I did that because I also told the truth about something else: I really did misread Pie's claim. I thought that he would die at the end of the DP so there wouldn't be another DP. When PressF corrected me, I was afraid that I was about to get lynched over something that everyone assumed was a slip but was really a genuine mistake. I really didn't have a strategy after that. I was just hoping to use the general confusion in the game to try to argue my way out of it, but I was expecting to lose.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
@Speedrace
Okay, I made it edit, so people can use it
drafterman
drafterman
Also, if you use it to generate a role list, scramble it again so the next person to view the sheet doesn't see the list you generated
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
Thanks!!
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
@drafterman