Israel bans Gaza's Christians from visiting Bethlehem and Jerusalem

Author: triangle.128k

Total: 36
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
USA should absolutely divest Saudi Arabia before they divest Israel.

I agree. But for some reason he thinks that I am targeting Israel when I believe that most foreign aid should be curtailed.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@bmdrocks21
Cambridge Dictionary
Ethnicity
A particular RACE of people, or the fact of being from a RACE of people.

American Dictionary
Ethnicity
A large group of people who have the same national, RACIAL, or cultural origins, or the state of belonging to such a group.

Nice try bud.

Except for maybe South Africa,...
How did I know you'd like South Africa?

Are you saying that religion isn't part of their cultural tradition?
No. I'm saying that Israel is not an ethno state because ethics relates to race.

I don't know what more I need to say.
Every muslim country is a self-admitted enemy of Israel. Your argument here is just a variation of the loony antisemitic idea that America is controlled by Jews.

Israel did not make America go to war, and it wasn't Israel's war. America did what it wanted. In fact, Israel was attacked during the Gulf war and did not respond.

They are a bad ally and don't deserve billions of dollars.
This belief can be held for several reasons. Some of those reasons are perfectly valid to hold, and some of those reason are antisemitic.

So the problem is not in believing that Israel is a bad ally and doesn't deserve billions of dollars, but in the reasons why one believes this.

...for some reason [Ethan] thinks that I am targeting Israel...
The reasons are your comments. Dredging up incidents from decades ago, calling Israel an ethno state, openly claiming only Europe and South Africa are "worthy" allies, insinuating that Israel controls America enough to "lead" it into war with Israel's "enemies"

Your reasons for your position is indistinguishable from that of an anti-semite targeting Israel only on emotional hate.

That is my impression, I may not be correct.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@ethang5
 or cultural origins
You must have missed this part of your definition, so I am highlighting it for you. 

How did I know you'd like South Africa?

Are you unaware that apartheid ended decades ago?

No. I'm saying that Israel is not an ethno state because ethics relates to race.

Your second definition includes culture..... so tell me, is religion part of culture?

Every muslim country is a self-admitted enemy of Israel. Your argument here is just a variation of the loony antisemitic idea that America is controlled by Jews.

Israel did not make America go to war, and it wasn't Israel's war. America did what it wanted. In fact, Israel was attacked during the Gulf war and did not respond.
Ok, so for you to consider it us fighting their war, what do they have to do? Do they have to say: "America, there is this very bad guy that scares us very much. Go fight them now." Or can they simply lie to get us involved to take out a threat to them?

This belief can be held for several reasons. Some of those reasons are perfectly valid to hold, and some of those reason are antisemitic.

So the problem is not in believing that Israel is a bad ally and doesn't deserve billions of dollars, but in the reasons why one believes this.
There are plenty of reasons why they shouldn't receive aid. These are just a few.

The reasons are your comments. Dredging up incidents from decades ago, calling Israel an ethno state, openly claiming only Europe and South Africa are "worthy" allies, insinuating that Israel controls America enough to "lead" it into war with Israel's "enemies"

Your reasons for your position is indistinguishable from that of an anti-semite targeting Israel only on emotional hate.

That is my impression, I may not be correct.
I was showing that since they became a nation they were doing scummy things and they still are as recently as Iraq War.
You for some reason are ignoring two definitions of "ethnostate", one of which you provided.
I also included Japan and Brazil.
They gave us false intelligence. Didn't say they control us, they misled us. Gave our neo-con president more justification to go to war. Netanyahu said he had no doubt about WMDs and that taking out Saddam would have "positive reverberations" on the entire region. That went swimmingly.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
There are no ethnostates in central and South America. Or anywhere in the Americas.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Swagnarok
Correct
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Swagnarok
With the exception of Mexico and Brazil, every country in South America is less ethnically diverse than Israel.

If an ethnostate refers to culture, most countries in northern Europe are more of an ethnostate than Israel.

Thin. Very thin.