How do people have confident opinions and just know how things work

Author: LordLuke

Total: 44
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@LordLuke
I don't doubt you or your father's sincerity. I think it is very important to believe the same Jesus Christ as the apostles taught. Would we agree on this?

It is the teaching of the apostolic church that God's Word and Breathe share in His divinity.

Does that make sense? Do you believe that God's Word and Breathe share in His divinity?

Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
Did anybody say Dunning Kruger affect yet? That is usually the cause of extremely confident opinions 
LordLuke
Debates: 1
LordLuke
-->
@Mopac
what do you mean
I do believe what the Bible says
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Singularity
Did anybody say Dunning Kruger affect yet?
Yes. Liberals roll out their talking points as if they have night school to learn how to regurgitate that stuff like lemmings.

2 weeks after Hitchens or some other mentally challenged atheist says it, it pops up on their posts like clock work.

Someone will bring it up soon.....wait.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@LordLuke
Based on what you have told me so far, I think you might profit by looking into some church history on the subject of arianism. 

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Singularity
Did anybody say Dunning Kruger affect yet? That is usually the cause of extremely confident opinions

LMAO, post 7.
LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@Mopac
Are you trying to say that I believe in Arianism and that Arianism is a heresy? And what does that have to do with "God's Word and Breathe share in His divinity?"

You do know I'm not Catholic, right? If Orthodoxy is supposed to be related to Catholicism I'll definitely take it off my profile, I looked up its definition and it said it meant that you believe in what people believed when your religion was created, and don't go astray from that. I know there is Orthodox Catholics but I thought the word could be used for more than that too.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@LordLuke
For me, I think about politics pretty much constantly, so I tend to have a strong opinion on most issues.  My profile contains stances on them.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@LordLuke
Year of birth is enough.

It's sometimes useful to know the age of the person that one is in a discussion with, that's all.

Regards.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@LordLuke
If you do not believe that God's Word and Breathe share in his divinity, then naturally it couldn't be said that Christ is God made flesh, because The Word is not divine.

But you are expressing a lot of positions that do not simply contradict what the church has always believed, but what is the testimony of scripture.

It is very necessary that Christ is God, as this ties up a line of prophecy that began when the ancient Israelites demanded a human king like everyone else. 

The scriptures make it clear that Jesus Christ was born of the virgin Mary. She was not impregnated by Joseph. The church knows that Mary herself was a descendant of David through her parents Joachim and Anna. Joachim being from the tribe of Judah and a descendant of David. Anna was from the tribe of Levi.

I think it is important to note that The Catholic Church has always been the Christian Church. The thing that makes it somewhat confusing these days is that The Latin church which goes by the name "Catholic" actually broke off from the Catholic Church over a thousand years ago, and have officially been in schism for about a thousand years. Since then, they have made further innovations which make reconciliation nearly impossible. We have never accepted Papal Supremacy as a doctrine.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@LordLuke
I don't put my birthday because that would mean there are 1/365.25th the number of people I could be than before you knew my birthday. I'm not SirAnonymous, but it's a lot of information.
Ha!
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@LordLuke
Are you an aspiring proctologist?

In any case, what do you find interesting about that subject?

12 days later

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@LordLuke
Some people talk from life experience and some people can talk a good game of BS. And then there are those who have no life experience or cant talk a good game of BS, thus making them unable to articulate a coherent thought. And then there are those that just regurgitate the words of other people who massage their confirmation biases. Those who say they don't know, are usually the smartest and will know before the day or week or month  is out. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
people on debate websites probably have a bunch of useless information ready to be debated on