Who Killed The "giant" Goliath ?

Author: Stephen

Total: 46
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Your argument doesn't address what I said.

You provided me one example that contradicts every other account in the bible, even the book of omitted things(Chronicles).

And scholars both Jew and Christian agree that this is a copyist error.

It is also worth noting that the written Hebrew language changed drastically after the Babylonian exhile, and all of our earliest texts are translations.

The masoretic text, which is the source texts used by both Jews and Protestants, is in itself a more precise form of the written Hebrew that developed after Persian influences on Hebrew writing.

What I have confirmed is that the septuigant, the earliest translation of the texts in question, also contain this error about who killed Goliath. What that tells you is that this is a very early corruption of the text.

Elhanan slayed the brother of Goliath, and as the texts also show, there were more than a few Philistine giants.

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Your argument doesn't address what I said.

My argument and the point of this whole thread - my thread - categorically challenges who the bible/s states was the giant killer of Goliath. . There are THREE candidates. You tell us it was the  shepherd boy David. I am simply telling you that there are two other contenders that contradict  YOU and the bibles that state otherwise.

You are attempting to tell us that even in the face of all the evidence that contradicts you that it was the boy David that killed Goliath. 

So simply tell me, if or not, that ALL those bibles I have presented as evidence to the contrary are wrong, and explain why you believe them to be wrong and your version right?

Now that is not too complicated for you is it?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Here is the passage our genius is avoiding.

There were 4 goliaths actually, not 2. And if you had read the texts instead of cutting and pasting from a website like a biased ******, you wouldn't be this ******.

(Truth deleted to satisfy coc)

2nd Samuel 21:18 –
2nd Goliath
War against - Philistines
War location – Gob
Hero – Sibbecai the Hushathite
Villain – Saph, descendant of Rapha

2nd Samuel 21:19
3rd Goliath
War location – Gob
Hero – Elhanan, son of Jaare-Oregim, of Bethlehem
Villain – Goliath the Gittite

2nd Samuel 21:20
4th Goliath
War location – Gath
Hero – Jonathan, son of Shimeah, and David’s brother
Villain – Goliath the Gittite

And the evidence for this is in the text.

2nd Samuel 21:22 - These FOUR were the descendants of Rapha in Gath, and they fell at the hands of David and his men.

See? Either you didn't read the passages, or your reading comprehension is just **** poor. Or you're lying again.
Stephen
Stephen
There were 4 goliaths actually, 

LOL what absolute nonsense!  And I find it odd that even not 1 of the five other posters on this thread, including Mopac , couldn't or didn't  come up with that absolute crap of an excuse!  "4 other Goliaths" my arse!!! lol 

You chose a bible and it showed you to be talking absolute bollocks!

Here it is again, from the bible of your own choice. Why don't you just admit that 1st Samuel 17:50 contradicts 1st Samuel 17:50

--> @ethang5 at post #9 above wrote;
Here is what the NASB says…
1st Samuel 17:50 – Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand.
 And from the same bible  quoted above:

2 Samuel 21:19 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

19 There was war with the Philistines again at Gob, and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Bethlehemite killed Goliath the Gittite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.
It is a clear contradiction. End of!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
2nd Samuel 21:22 - These FOUR were the descendants of Rapha in Gath, and they fell at the hands of David and his men.

Stick your head in the sand deeper.

And I find it odd that even not 1 of the five other posters on this thread, including Mopac , couldn't or didn't  come up with that absolute crap of an excuse!
Its a bible verse talking about your subject Jethro. Lol. How can the very text be an excuse?

Here it is again, from the bible of your own choice.
Every bible has the same verse Hosea.

Stick your head deeper in the sand. You  wouldn't want to have to acknowledge   2nd Samuel 21:22 now would you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

LOL what absolute nonsense!  And I find it odd that even not 1 of the five other posters on this thread, including Mopac , couldn't or didn't  come up with that absolute crap of an excuse!  "4 other Goliaths" my arse!!! lol 

Here it is again, from the bible of your own choice. Why don't you just admit that 1st Samuel 17:50 contradicts 1st Samuel 17:50

1st Samuel 17:50 – Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand.

19 There was war with the Philistines again at Gob, and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Bethlehemite killed Goliath the Gittite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen

Stick your head in the sand deeper.

Respamming your post where you dodge addressing the verse that shames you does nothing.

Your claim of a contradiction is dead, as proven by your inability to address the verse...

Which four Cletus? Lol
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen

Which four Cletus? Lol

You actually think you can ignore a verse in the text of a passage you dispute. 

If only you had read the passage before you demonstrated you were ignorant of the topic huh?

Spam will not save you Jethro.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Actually, I already mentioned to you that there were several other giants, and the one you are mistaking for the Goliath that David killed is acknowledged to be the brother of that Goliath. The book of omitted things, or Chronicles as it is in most English bibles, is less ambiguous about this.
Stephen
Stephen

disgusted
disgusted
Nobody. The story is a fantasy.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Nobody. The story is a fantasy.

Well it is beginning to look that way. There are three biblical contenders, Elhanan, the "boy David"  and Adeodatus.

But Ethang5 in trying to explain away this MASSIVE contradiction and  is now trying to convince us that there were FOUR giants all named Goliath. His math looks a bit off to me and this is not to mention that someone must have killed two of these giants named Goliath OR one of newly invented giants was not killed.

Who cares now anyway?  No one has been able to explain the contradiction in the same bible and nowhere does the scripture talk of three other giants that all happen to be named Goliath that were killed by anyone else.. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Lol! You're now spamming the same silliness to multiple posters.

The fact that you can't answer, but hide behind spam is proof you are empty. Vacuous.

You can't address 2nd Samuel 21:22 - These FOUR were the descendants of Rapha in Gath, and they fell at the hands of David and his men.

Which four Cletus? Lol

If only you had read the passage before you demonstrated you were ignorant of the topic huh?

Spam again. Your emptiness will be even more apparent.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Your own figures, like your own biblical preferences, do not add up sunshine. Nice try, but you have not provided a single piece of evidence for your crack pot excuse  for there being more than one Goliath. You have not explained who killed these other Goliath's. either.

FAIL!!! AGAIN!!!!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Nice try, but you have not provided a single piece of evidence for your crack pot excuse  for there being more than one Goliath.
The evidence is the bible verse saying there were 4 of them from one family, and lists their killers, the soldiers of David.

Remember? Its the verse you are pretending you can't see.

You have not explained who killed these other Goliath's. either.
I quoted the bible listing all four killers. You also have that move in your obtuse dance.

FAIL!!! AGAIN!!!!
Lol. Yeah. Ironic.