Author: Alec

Total: 49
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Alec
You see?
I have said absolutely nothing insulting to you. You are ignorant. Google that word and educate yourself.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@disgusted
I have said absolutely nothing insulting to you.
You are ignorant.

You lack any capacity for intellectual thought

because you currently prove with every post that you are ignorant of everything.
You have insulted me a lot.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
No, I'm just educating you.
But you aren't capable of understanding what you are being told, that is willful ignorance.
Did you Google the word ignorance?
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
No, I'm just educating you.
By calling me the names I mentioned.  That's not education.

Did you Google the word ignorance?
I know what it means; it means lacking in knowledge.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
I know what it means; it means lacking in knowledge.
Now tell me know how that is an insult given your absolute lack of knowledge.
Alec
Alec
-->
@disgusted
Now tell me know how that is an insult given your absolute lack of knowledge.

I don't have an absolute lack of knowledge.  In order to type and post over 2000 posts, you need to know stuff.

Also, I think this is my 2020th post and I'm in the year 2020.  Yeet!
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
Is this your attempt at proving you aren't ignorant.
You FAIL.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
I believe where it is legal (forgot the name of the ranch) they must undergo std testing and there could very well be birth control regulations as well.  Std testing is part of mma, boxing and other sports so I don't see any issue with you ideas really.  Sterilization is a bit extreme.  How do countries regulate it where it's legal?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
it should be illegal
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
It used to be legal and sanctioned by the church in the 1400's

Prostitutes were given extra rights and special protections.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Sterilization is a bit extreme.
I disagree.  It is necessary to prevent abortions.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
you don't believe birth control prevents abortions?  Are you familiar with how long an implanon is good for?  depo provera?  Public health has a lot of authority (Department of health, CDC etc).  So this could easily be licenced which would include frequent checks, testing and contraception.  Then there is the whole issue of compliance.....
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Birth control reduces abortions, but if your having sex every day, you might get pregnant even with birth control.  Sterilization is necessary for this I think.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
you might get pregnant even with birth control.
but now we are dealing in hypotheticals and what ifs, the problem with that is, even though it's illegal it is still happening, what you are proposing would be a huge roadblock for people complying with the conditions to do it legally.  So with such a demand/restriction of sterilization there is no real point it making it legal when currently the penalty, risk/reward is such that the illegal trade flourishes.  In other words they would just continue to do it illegally as they currently are.  Do you see what I mean?
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
It's not that hard to get sterilized, you just get your tubes tied.  It costs up to $6,000 and prostitutes can earn that money back quickly by having sex with people.  The penalty for not getting sterilized as a prostitute would be if they get pregnant, they can't get an abortion.

Whenever anything is banned, it happens illegally.  It still is less frequent, so that's a win.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
it's still a surgery with all the risks involved with that, not to mention that surgery time means someone else has to wait for theirs.  6k?  that sounds a bit too low.

Generally professional prostitutes don't want to get pregnant generally for a lot of reasons, it can be very bad for business.  I worry less about them than the crack heads and drug addicts who deliver addicted babies that will have life long problems.

Forced sterilization is totalitarian and not practical.  I see no difference than making birth control mandatory for all females of childbearing age until such a time they wish to get pregnant.  This is stuff of sci fi movies.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
If the prostitute can get an abortion, then they have less incentive to not get pregnant since they can kill the kid.

6k?  that sounds a bit too low.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/sterilization/how-do-i-get-tubal-ligation-procedure states that the maximum cost is $6K.  If you have health insurance, which the prostitutes can afford to give themselves, then it's cheaper.  

I worry less about them than the crack heads and drug addicts who deliver addicted babies that will have life long problems.
The kids don't have to exist if we sterilize the prostitute.

Forced sterilization is totalitarian and not practical.
Allowing prostitution in some situations is less totalitarian than not allowing it at all.

I see no difference than making birth control mandatory for all females of childbearing age until such a time they wish to get pregnant.
It would be like requiring all males to get vasectomies.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
It would be like requiring all males to get vasectomies.

lol it's nothing like getting a vasectomy

given similar options of birth control for men, they will opt for those instead of a vasectomy 90%+ of the time.

what if a prostitute wishes to stop or retire and start a family?  sterilization doesn't allow for that, hence tolleterian/extreme

if your goal is to stop abortions then logic would dictate all females of child bearing age should be place on mandatory birth control until such a time they chose to get pregnant.

1172 days later

Medical_Grants
Medical_Grants
-->
@AhmadAli123
Tubal reversal surgery is a medical procedure that can help women who have undergone tubal ligation to become pregnant again. However, this procedure can be expensive, and not all women can afford it. Fortunately, there are several medical grants available that can help with the cost of tubal reversal surgery.
One example of a grant program that can help with the cost of tubal reversal is the International Council on Infertility Information Dissemination (INCIID) grant program. This program provides grants to couples who need assistance with infertility treatments, including tubal reversal surgery. The grant covers up to $3,500 of the cost of the procedure, and applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria to qualify.

Another organization that provides grants for tubal reversal surgery is the Pay It Forward Fertility Foundation. This foundation provides grants to couples who are struggling with infertility and cannot afford the cost of treatment. The grant covers the cost of the surgery, as well as any necessary medications and lab work.
The National Infertility Association also offers a grant program that can help with the cost of tubal reversal surgery. The grant provides up to $10,000 in financial assistance to couples who need help paying for fertility treatments, including tubal reversal surgery.