South Park Mafia DP2

Author: Vader

Read-only
Total: 402
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
I won't be very active today cause it's the last day of winter break for me and I need to cram all my schoolwork in, but before I do that I want to say that me voting drafter was cause I thought drafter seemed a bit sus and he was the only lynch that we could reasonably pull off.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
I got an Inno on Pie.

Good to know
Lunatic
Lunatic
VTL Iron toaster for full claim
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Lunatic
Thx for answer. Actually the only part that’s significant is the “horny swamp” in the last line. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
Boy was I wrong
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
@irontoaster
VTL Toaster
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Vote Count
Drafter [1/7] Singularity
Irontoaster [2/7] Lunatic, GreyParrot
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
Drafterman- As I have said before, I am pretty unconvinced by Bullish’s case on drafter, and find it a bit tunnel visioned. I was on board with it because I did want a lynch for information, and I was slightly suspicious that drafter was opting for a no lynch given another very intense argument I have had with drafter in the past regarding no lynching vs lynching DP1, where he was on team lynching. While my stance on that has changed, I suppose maybe his can too, but I bring it up only because in the past few mafia games and quickfires I’ve played in,  I don’t remember him advocating a no lynch, which seems a bit fishy that he does when his lynch seemed likliest nearing the end of DP1.
I don't think expressing a preference means I never ever, under any circumstances, choose the alternative option unless I am scum. I choose whatever I think is the best option given the circumstances at the time. After all, a no lynch is what ended up happening anyway.
<br>

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
@Singularity
Not sure how me trying to keep people from narrowing down my identity by claiming to be new, makes me scum. Anyway, the choice today is obvious
The scummy behavior is you exploiting the latitude given noobs regarding behavior. Case in point:

@Lunatic:

I guess you are new so I won't be too harsh on this

The fact is, however, you aren't new, so Lunatic should be harsh on this. But you are going around lying about your experience and now people are writing off your moves as those of a new player who doesn't understand the game rather than the calculated moves of an experienced player.

If you have any sense of integrity, you will come clean about your experience.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
After being in the long night phase and having time to reflect on his statements more, I find I buy most of his response to bullish in post #297. There was one part however, that did strike me as scummy. Bullish is calling drafterman out for having claimed vanilla without nearly any pressure, and drafterman admits he does this only because he thought it was the status quo, and even brings up how this behavior is harmful and was harmful for the town in Dark Crystal. It isn’t the status qou though, and people who claim without pressure do so of their own volition and rarely explain why they do it. PressF for example never explained why he claimed cop in Office mafia DP1, but it was generally assumed it was to bait mafia night actions, and he actually lived a while because of it (I am assuming GP is doing this for similar reasons if town). That said, this excuse of “I am doing it because everyone else is doing it” excuse is the scummiest thing drafter has done or said all game, and turned a weak scum read into a stronger one. I never known drafter to be the one to submit to an imaginary policy of auto claiming vanillas, when there hasn’t even been any public discussion in support of it. In fact this answer seems scummier to me than if he would have just said something dumb like “I claimed because I thought I would get pressured later, and my claim would have minimal impact on the game”. The fact that he goes above and beyond and over-explains himself about and even brings up a very recent example where he was against this behavior. seems like he is worried that it is a piece of logic that can hurt him.
Except is the status quo. We're in a game were, in DP1, unprompted, the doctor/watcher, cop, and dreamer all claimed. Yeah, in the old meta this was extremely frowned upon, but I think maybe we need to reevaluate how harmful it actually is. Going back to Office, the cop claimed DP1 and mafia just... let him live, yet went on to win the game.

Quickfires are an entirely different beast and shouldn't factor in here.

In general, I think history has shown that the argument of "He acted X in the past but is acting Y now" isn't a good scum marker. It failed in Office. It failed in JARGOM. People's behavior is fluid.

After noticing that, I picked up on other things. I was absent the last hours of that DP, however, notice drafter finally get’s on and defends himself pretty strongly. That is expected, given he was was at L-3 or so. But he starts making assumptions about why people are lynching him, rather than read their actual reasons. 

“ Lunatic is too smart to seriously believe anything Bullish is cooking. I mean, Lunatic has bought into some shaky theories before as Town, but this really takes the cake.”

Uh, did he miss the whole part of me telling Bullish exactly that I didn’t buy what he was cooking? I voted him because he was opting for a no lynch, which seemed out of character for him, and he was also the likeliest lynch and I did want to see the DP end in a lynch so we can get information distincting mafia VS town on the theme. Nowhere did I say I was buying into what he was cooking, unless you consider “I may be able to bite” a concession to me agreeing that bullish’s logic was sound (which I don’t think it was).
Then let me rephrase. The Bullish' logic is so bizarre and twisted that any person reading it should question his affiliation (if not sanity) and would be extremely wary of jumping on the same wagon.

“Also, I'd like people to take notice that Lunatic and Singularity have been online recently, but have no more thoughts to add to the matter. Bullish is basically forced to double down on this nonsense, but Lunatic and Singularity are just passively letting this lynch happen.”

This is a pretty horrible argument, I am not a lurker as scum and never have been. If my profile indicated I was online during this time, it was maybe quickly checking my debate’s voting status with virt while taking a sleepy morning piss, before returning back to bed. If I am actually on and paying attention to a game, I would be responding to that type of crap (notice I wasn’t pinged once asking me to re-evaluate my vote or anything. It’s like he’s sliding that in there to make me and singularity look bad in the case he didn’t get lynched).

So atm I am still pretty much scum leaning drafter, and the read has gotten much stronger.
Okay, that was a bit of a stretch, but when you head is going into the noose, you pull out all the stops.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@oromagi
Also, I'm not getting lynched today either.

Based off my priority list from last phase:

1. Get an actual claim out of oro. Not just let him post nonsense and assume what his claim is.
2. Force Singularity to come clean about their mafia knowledge and experience.
3. Ignore Bullish until they stop posting nonsense logic.
VTL oromagi

The breadcrumbing nonsense doesn't work. Case in point is Lunatic's reading of it that you were Kenny. If you had died and was janitored, you wouldn't be around to dispute that claim.

You were selected to make a character claim, you owe us an actual, real, character claim.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
@drafterman
Also, I'm not getting lynched today either.
Orly.org
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
You might be right, we might be lynching your scumbuddy toaster if there's no activity.
Vader
Vader
Vote Count
Drafter [1/7] Singularity
Irontoaster [2/7] Lunatic, GreyParrot
oromagi [1/7] oromagi

Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
Motherfucking speed just sitting in a corner jerking it to a picture of Single while scum sits on L-1 makes so fucking mad

I'd tunnel his ass all DP if I didn't know he's town.
Bullish
Bullish
Iron already claimed Towelie "vanilla" idk what yall are doing
Bullish
Bullish
uuuurgh oro is so scum but I promised him I'd lay off him if he voted drafter last DP. I am a man of my word so I won't be voting him today.

But I just have to say this.. Oro thought the drafter wagon was "heavy on scum" when HE HIMSELF WAS ON IT and drafter still ended up not being lynched? come on, what a crapshoot attempt at manipulation.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Bullish
That's dumb. You dont let scum live because you have your word. Town doesnt do that.
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@drafterman
Well I do that. If I am not a man of my word then I would not have given my word.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Bullish
Then I submit you have forgotten how to play a game whose primary mechanic depends on deception.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Bullish
I'm gonna be so mad if scumteam is toaster/press/drafter

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@irontoaster
???
Vader
Vader
You until January 3rd, 12PM CST
Lunatic
Lunatic
Can we lynch toaster? I had my vote on him all day yesterday too, and if he isn't getting replaced hes scum.
Bullish
Bullish
Oh yeah the fact that scum has a janitor makes all the early role claims not sus.

My 2 only no-reads from last DP were virt and pie, and they're both cleared, so that leaves drafter, oro, and iron as the scum team. If iron flips TP I'll reconsider my town read on PressF.

I'll lynch iron and TBF this wagon can start early so town doesn't fuck itself again.

VTL irontoaster

drafterman
drafterman
Toaster already claimed, y'all.
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
unvote VTL TOaster

Being MIA is sus
drafterman
drafterman
I can't believe we're going to lynch toaster, who has already claimed, but not get a claim out of oro, who refuses to do so.
drafterman
drafterman
I'm not sure who is scummier. Bullish and Singularity who are overtly doing scummy things, or Lunatic and Grey who are just blindly going along with it.
Vader
Vader
Vote Count
Irontoaster [4/7] Lunatic, GreyParrot, Bullish, Singuarity
oromagi [1/7] oromagi