VOTE REQUESTS

Author: Ragnar ,

Pinned
Total: 12
Ragnar
Debates: 36
Ragnar
Please use this thread to solicit votes for your finished debate. While mentioning the theme, length, forfeitures, etc. related to the debate are fair game, do not make extra arguments or otherwise try to unduly influence the vote outcomes.

As debates in this thread leave the voting period, please report them and a moderator will clean things up to keep relevant posts on the first page.
By using this moderator thread, you have opted in to have content periodically deleted.

Alternatively, users may view all voting period debates. A small red icon under the word voting, indicates that the period closes within 3 days.

========

Voting Academy 101: How to Cast a “Good” Vote

In order to vote on DART, accounts must have read the site's Code of Conduct (COC) AND completed at least 2 non-troll debates without any forfeits OR posted 100 forum posts. Once you have met these criteria, you are free to vote on any debate you please. For important voting resources, consult the following: 

• Voting Policy (in short: read the debate, then name and compare highlights from each side on each category you're allotting points.)
  • Resources for New Members, which includes helpful voting guides and primers

========

The individuals responsible for voting moderation are:

To be clear, Ragnar is likely to respond first; but MisterChris has higher authority in the realm of voting so may of course override.
Virtuoso is the chief moderator for the site, so retains some general authority which includes voting issues. Blamonkey also has authority in vote moderation, but is presently inactive.

========

Moderator Voting FAQs

1) Why was my vote removed but that other horrible vote that doesn't explain anything allowed to stand? My vote is better than so many other crappy votes cast on the site.
  • Moderators tend to review only the votes that were reported. If you find a “bad” vote and would like the moderators to review it, simply hit the red flag and we will get to it as soon as possible.
2) I've reported a vote but it wasn't removed.
  • Several possibilities: (1) The vote passed moderation review. (2) We haven't processed the reports yet (this usually happens in 24-72 hours). (3) The vote is past the statute of limitations. (4) The debate is non-moderated.
  • Additionally, when reporting a vote you can also create a comment tagging one or more moderators, clarifying why you believe the vote in question is insufficient (that it voted against you must never be the reason).
3) What are the requirements for voting?
  • In order to be eligible to vote, accounts must have (1) read the site's COC, AND either (2) completed at least 2 non-troll debates without any forfeits OR posted 100 forum posts. Once you have done those things, you will gain the right to vote.
4) My voting rights were revoked. Now what?
  • If your votes have constantly been removed, the moderator team will contact you and coach you through the voting process to ensure that you fully understand our standards. If your rights have been removed, you must appeal to the moderator team and write a sufficient RFD on a debate that is at least 3 rounds and is not forfeited.
5) I didn't know the voting guidelines. Why was I punished for something I never agreed to do?
  • If you have the right to vote, it means that you at least read the COC. Ignorance is not an excuse for failing to vote properly.
6) I want to explain my vote in detail but it won't fit in the voting comment box.
  • Feel free to use the comments section of the debate to elaborate on your vote. You can use multiple comments if you want (each can hold 2000 characters of it, we suggest starting at the end of the vote and working backward for better reading order). You can also use a Google doc and paste the link to the comment box.
7) Can I revote once I've had my vote removed?
  • Of course (assuming you have your voting privileges) - as long as it is expanded or changed in an effort to solve the initial issues that caused it to be removed. Copy-pasting the same vote without justification will cause it to be removed again along with potentially other sanctions.
8) I believe it was unfair that my vote was deleted, it was a good vote... What should I do?
  • Create a comment (or send a direct message) replying to the moderator who handled the report, explaining why you feel it met or exceeded the standards. Do please understand that moderators are human, so the occasional mistake is made.
9) I think votes shouldn't be moderated. How do I escape the evil of having such standards?
  • List your debates as non-moderated (ideally both in the title and description). Granted, this absence of standards has been tried on similar sites... It leads to vote bomb wars.

279 days later

BearMan
Debates: 14
BearMan
You thought this was a voting request, but it was I, DIO.

233 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 343
RationalMadman

Benjamin
Debates: 29
Benjamin

Lemming
Debates: 2
Lemming

Even without a vote, an opinion on the arguments, would be nice.
Ragnar
Debates: 36
Ragnar
--> @Lemming
Not overly concerned but why do you use this site to advertise your debates, instead of the site to which you chose to host said debates?
Lemming
Debates: 2
Lemming
--> @Ragnar
Because nearly all the old guard of DDO has left it, and I'm 'pretty sure that new users to the site DDO, are not able to acquire voting privilege's.

I am aware that a number of former DDO users left to 'this site, and thus I'd suppose still have ability to vote.
Also might presumably have 'some attachment to the old site.

If this was Debateforfun.com, I doubt I would have joined.
. . .
I suppose I might still ask people's opinion on some debates of mine on DDO,
I wouldn't say I flood this site with requests on every single debate of mine on DDO,
Just debates where I have an interest, and am unsure if my logic stands up or not.

Personally I like the color scheme and width of debates on DDO more than DART, (I mean the width for how far words stretch across debate page. DART debates visual width of how far words goes, annoys me a bit.)
I also find I meet more lowbrow people on DDO, which is my preferred level of debate, rather than DARTs lengthy debates, full of high talking, just feels too. . . Cold, to 'me. Robotic, formal.

DDO was the first social media site I ever joined in life, sunk cost fallacy maybe.

But I'm rambling, I don't use DDO to ask for opinions or votes, because the community is small, the forums are polluted by ads, anyone new 'can't vote I think.
If I put my debate vote request in the forum for DDO, no one's going to see it, or not enough will care.

I 'do try to vote on debates on this site, and I 'do participate in the forums.
Perhaps I could vote 'more, to justify my asking people look at a debate on another site,
But it's 'still a debate, even if it's on another site.
This is a debate site, doesn't seem unreasonable to me, if I participate in this site, to ask for someone's opinion of a debate of mine on DDO.
Additionally, I 'have told a number of people on DDO about DART.
RationalMadman
Debates: 343
RationalMadman
fauxlaw
Debates: 64
fauxlaw

bump
fauxlaw
fauxlaw

bump
Bones
Debates: 1
Bones

Short debate. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw

let's have votes, already! I refuse to entertain yet another no-vote tie. I lead the top 10 in that category. Why is everybody so shy?