Author: Vader

Total: 292
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
People who think we  are going to war🤡🤡
The US assassinated a member of the Iranian government. That is an act of war. If the US had done that to China missiles would be flying right now. Instead they are planning their retaliation.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Something like that is probably what Dread was referencing. Seems unlikely in my opinion
In the world of international diplomacy, who knows. The Saudi's would love to see Solemani dead. Solemani was working to back groups that opposed the terrorists that the Saudi's are funding. They have alot of motive to want him dead. They would also love it if the americans destroyed Iran. Iran is the main counter balance to their power. If Iran is destroyed, then the Saudi's will get most of the benefit. If they can get the americans to do it for them, they save their own money and blood and get everything they wanted. 

I'm not saying it is likely the americans were tricked into doing this. But it is certainly a possibility. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
@ILikePie5
It’s unfortunate that people would be willing to support our enemies just cause they hate Trump

The same people defend Hezbollah.
This is one of the problems that lots of people have. They see people and groups as "evil" without making any effort to understand them. Iran and even Hezobollah are people. Some of them are good and some of them are bad. They have things they want to achieve and things they are willing to do to achieve them. 

It is easier to just paint them as evil. Then you can justify whatever you are doing because they are bad. But if you take a step back you might see that the things your government is doing is just as evil. The US government bombs civilians. It murders people it doesn't like. It overthrows elected governments and backs dictators that murder their own people. The US has had a distinctly negative impact on large parts of the world. 

My point is not to defend Iran or Hezbollah. My point is that there is blood on the hands of both sides. The only way to stop that blood being shed is by convincing the other side to stop fighting. And you will never do that by bombing them. You are only hardening their resolve to keep fighting. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Hezbollah's mission statement is literally genocide.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
i think trump should have waited for a clearer attack on americans before killing the guy. as it sits now, this will fuel more terrorism, for sure. and iran will feel justified. also as it sits now, we only have speculation and maybe some concrete plotting, but it's still unclear. it's sort of like do you wait till harm is imminent or already done before attacking, or do you wade out into the murky area of just possibilities? i can get behind attacking before you are immeniently attacked, but in this case, given how this plays out for iran and an increase of terrorism, it would have been better to wait for something clearer. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
If he wasn’t pro Iran he wouldn’t want cash payments going to them. Pretty simple.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
My point is not to defend Iran or Hezbollah. My point is that there is blood on the hands of both sides. The only way to stop that blood being shed is by convincing the other side to stop fighting. And you will never do that by bombing them. You are only hardening their resolve to keep fighting. 

They’re going to stop fighting no matter what we do. Their goal is to get rid of the Jewish state which we know is not going to happen. You set a red line and enforce it. That’s exactly what Trump did. Infrastructure such as drones and oil field attack only drew condemnation and more sanction. Lives of Americans being threatened such as the dead American contractor or the embassy assault warrant appropriate responses and that’s what happened. Bribing them with 1.4 didn’t do anything then, what makes you think anything will happen nowhere 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
it might make sense that trump knew what he was doing but we can't be so sure, cause trump can be unhinged. how immienent of an attack was there, and what was the scale of the attack? i have a feeling the administration will use distractions instead of making a strong case. i think pompeo has already been waffling on this point. and, i might venture that allowing a smaller attack happen first may have been preferable, given how this all plays into iran's hands and will fuel more terrorism. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@ILikePie5
where's the harm in waiting for a small attack or something more immenient?there's too much uncerntainty here such that your obvious bias is showing given how much you defer to trump. given how this plays into iran's hands and will fuel more terrorism, we should be skeptical of trump until he can make a stronger case for why he did what he did. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi
where's the harm in waiting for a small attack or something more immenient?there's too much uncerntainty here such that your obvious bias is showing given how much you defer to trump. given how this plays into iran's hands and will fuel more terrorism, we should be skeptical of trump until he can make a stronger case for why he did what he did. 

An attack on an embassy is an attack on American soil. Plus it endangered the life of a lot of people. There isn’t uncertainty. The red line is clear. You attack Americans, we will retaliate appropriately. Soleimani killed and wounded hundreds. He deserved to die plain and simple. And he can’t reveal classified info like that lol. He said there was a threat which is the best he could do. You play him for being stupid, yet he comes out victorious every time. He knows what he’s doing.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@ILikePie5
did the embassy get attacked before or after he was assassinated? i dont follow the news enough to know. if this was in response to an embassy attack, i still would not have escalated the situation even more. what do you think of the increased terrorism that his assassination will cause? 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi
did the embassy get attacked before or after he was assassinated? i dont follow the news enough to know. if this was in response to an embassy attack, i still would not have escalated the situation even more. what do you think of the increased terrorism that his assassination will cause? 

Embassy got attacked before the General was killed. And you have to enforce the red line. Iran had already been escalating the situation with the Oil Tankers, the attack on Saudi oil, and the shooting of an American drone. Retaliation was definitely warranted whether you like it or not. And terrorism has decreased under Donald Trump with ISIS being wiped out. And as I stated earlier, Iran will use its proxies which we are able to kill quite easily. The General was a war criminal and deserved to die. Plain and simple.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
He killed that contractor too.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Colin Flaherty writes a lot of books about the social trend to appease criminals in the hopes that will make them less violent.

Honestly, I don't think any reasonable person who has read Hezbollah's mission statement would think twice about whether or not they are pure evil.

The people that defend Hezbollah are doing it out of pure ignorance.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@ILikePie5
so how do you view the increase in terrorism that his assassination will cause? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Terrorism was already increasing with appeasement. This is a terrible argument.

Are you willing to accept a certain level of increasing terrorism?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi
so how do you view the increase in terrorism that his assassination will cause? 

That’s what I’m saying, it’s already been increasing lol. We can’t sit there and do nothing. Peace through strength
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
The default position should be that other countries should be afraid of pissing America off. Not the other way around.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
The default position should be that other countries should be afraid of pissing America off. Not the other way around.
<br>
+1
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@ILikePie5
dont you think escalating the situation will just make things worse?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Are you willing to accept a certain level of increasing terrorism?
DynamicSquid
Debates: 29
DynamicSquid
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

Ha ha! I live in Canada however! If Iran tries to Nuke us, our cold weather will deactivate the missiles, and our igloo defense mechanism will stop any missiles from entering.

However, I don't think Trump did this on purpose. I think this is how the missiles got launched:

Trump: "Siri, how many miles did I ran today?"

Siri: "Okay, sending missiles to Iran today."

DynamicSquid
Debates: 29
DynamicSquid
-->
@ILikePie5
Yes. True. Iran can't do anything against America. Even if they launch a terrorist attack, Trump's gonna go full retaliation.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ILikePie5
Oh no! I'd call it very, very simple.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi

It depends on Iran. He’s not escalating it. Iran would be. Trump is defending the red line he created.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
Absolutely moronic decision. The worst of his presidency, hands-down. Iran will respond (they have to), and there will be escalation. People who think that we will roll Iran like we did Iraq are either morons or completely illiterate when it comes to geopolitics and military capabilities. And even if we do win a victory it may well turn out to be a Pyrrhic one.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@ILikePie5

It depends on Iran. He’s not escalating it. Iran would be. Trump is defending the red line he created.

He already escalated and guaranteed an Iranian response. The killing of Suleimani incenses and unites the PEOPLE of Iran. If the leadership tries to stop escalation, it will undermine their own power at this point. They have no choice.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@DynamicSquid
Yes. True. Iran can't do anything against America. Even if they launch a terrorist attack, Trump's gonna go full retaliation.
Iran has the capability to close the Strait of Hormuz and to harass traffic through the Bab-el-Mandeb through Shi'a proxies. This will cripple global shipping, especially oil traffic, and would trigger a worldwide economic crash. We would have to respond by sending our Navy to the Persian Gulf, a situation which will NOT end well for us.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Iran already has strained relations with many countries. Closing the strait would ensure a global coalition against them, maybe even getting Russia to denounce them as well.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Iran already has strained relations with many countries. Closing the strait would ensure a global coalition against them, maybe even getting Russia to denounce them as well.
Why? Russia would love the price of oil to spike. Russia sells lots of oil. 

Most counties would denounce Iran for closing the straights. But the US has forced most countries to do this already. I mean Europe wanted to keep the Iran deal going, but the US basically extorted European companies into obeying them anyway. Most countries are not going to go to war over it. And most countries have been forced to take part in the sanctions anyway. Most countries can't really do anything about it. 

But the US has forced their hand. The murder of the most popular government official in Iran requires them to react. That means terrorist attacks, kidnappings/murders, or closing the straights. I'm sure that lots of people will blame Iran when this happens, but Trump made it impossible for them to do anything else. When one or more of these things happen, that blood will be on trump's hands.