The Hypocrisy Is Still Astounding But Shouldn't Shock Or Surprise Anyone

Author: Stephen

Total: 67
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
Trump: The boy who put the Jerk into knee jerk.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I do post more on abortion than I should, that I can see even if disgusted takes this claim out of context.  I guess it's because it's controversial, whereas both the left and the right believe the debt is bad.  I did figure out how to eliminate the entire debt in 8 years.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
here's the thing you can't do it without cutting spending, that has been the problem all along, where would you like to cut spending?
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
here's the thing you can't do it without cutting spending, that has been the problem all along, where would you like to cut spending?

Although I would cut spending on many fronts, there are other ways to reduce the debt(I'm not referring to taxing people more).  One of these ways is opening the borders.  Opening the borders would allow more people into the country.  If we replace all federal taxes with a sales tax and capital gains tax, then any time any person in the US, whether here, "legally" or not would pay some tax anytime they buy something.  This gives the US huge amounts of tax revenue, that can be used to pay off our debt.

I would cut military spending from 3.7% of our GDP to 2% of our GDP, solely to keep up with NATO quotas.

I would abolish Medicaid, federal housing, basic health plan, unemployment benefits, and transportation costs.  While it may seem bad for the poor, it actually modifies the war on poverty, which has been responsible for keeping people poor.  If one has a low income, they can find a better job.  If they don't have a college degree, that's fine.  They can get a better paying job that doesn't require a college degree.  There are 30 million jobs that pay $55k or more per year that don't require a bachelor's degree according to the University of Georgetown.  There are only 1.6 million minimum wage working adults according to the BLS.  They got to work smart, not just hard.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
Opening the borders would allow more people into the country.
why would that be a good thing?  there are only so many jobs right?  unless you plan on letting people starve, live on the streets etc that's not a viable option.  As it is the schools are overrun because of illegals.  search up the school in Buffalo which has a huge issue because of so many different languages they have to deal with.
then also consider the crime which would come along with the huge influx of poor people.

let's take your 55K a year example, obviously 55k in Kommyfornia isn't the same as North Carolina.  Now, how many children can you support on 55K per year?  You see these border jumpers MIGHT be working but are they self sufficient or an accounting ledger economic drain when you examine the bottom numbers?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The rich commit more and bigger crimes than the poor ever could.

Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
there are only so many jobs right?
More jobs will be created because as the demand would increase from all these people entering the country, and when this demand increases, so will job count proportionally.  A common fear of hiring women after WWII was they would take jobs away from men.  Did unemployment rise to 50% when women were allowed to work?  No.  The demand increased, and from this, more jobs were avaliable as a result.

search up the school in Buffalo which has a huge issue because of so many different languages they have to deal with.
The Youth under my plan would be in English only areas unless they don't know English, then they would be assiliminated.  If your a parent of a kid and you don't know English, you would learn it on your own or use a translator.  When your immersed in an English speaking country, people tend to learn the language pretty fast.  I wouldn't phrase it as, "Learn English and you can come here".  It's more like, "IF you come here and stay for a long enough time, you'll learn English".

then also consider the crime which would come along with the huge influx of poor people.
If they get jobs, they won't have as much reason to commit crime.

let's take your 55K a year example, obviously 55k in Kommyfornia isn't the same as North Carolina.
It's not the same, but since not every immigrant wants to go to CA, they could move to where $1 buys more if they wanted.  They're used to moving after all.  Rather then settle in big American cities, they could settle in areas where life is cheaper.

You see these border jumpers MIGHT be working but are they self sufficient or an accounting ledger economic drain when you examine the bottom numbers?
They would have to be because I would want open borders and an abolition to welfare.  Any immigrant that comes here for welfare wouldn't come here if we ban welfare.  Also, didn't you say immigrants were taking jobs?  How can someone be too lazy to work and be taking a job at the same time?