Is the "other" "main" religion incorrect ?

Author: Deb-8-a-bull ,

Topic's posts

Posts in total: 51
  • Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 1,001
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull
    Like wrong, false if you will ?
    The teachings of it. 
    I know your religion is correct and this i wouldn't argue, but, but  the other main one.

Actually,  I'll just answer it for you. Ok., ready andddddddddd. 
    YES. 

There, YOU said it.YES .  Wasn't too hard hey?
    Do you go to hell if you say no? Anyway
    Just YES. The other main religion, well one of the top two religions is false ( through any and all splinters. Denominations I mean denomination I Said denominations.) Ha. 101 denominations 

I'm after a theist YES or a theists NO
    That's Yes or No.

'TRAP SET' shhhhhit did i just type that out loud. 

A simple ( Yes ) or A simple ( No )

• janesix
    janesix avatar
    Debates: 8
    Forum posts: 1,529
    janesix avatar
    janesix
    --> @Deb-8-a-bull
    i doubt anyone really knows
  • Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull
    --> @janesix
    If they are in one of the main two , they know.
    100% they know. 
  • janesix
    janesix avatar
    Debates: 8
    Forum posts: 1,529
    janesix avatar
    janesix
    --> @Deb-8-a-bull
    well they might think they do
  • EtrnlVw
    EtrnlVw avatar
    Forum posts: 2,212
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw
    --> @Deb-8-a-bull
    As I said before, it's more accurate if you don't force the misconception that there's only one correct religion...and everything else is incorrect....rather there are more accurate versions of the same truth. If you look at it like a whole, then you can see there's both accuracy and inaccuracy and one observes what is more accurate within all of it. If you actually pay attention to what I'm saying it won't trip you up so much. All of religion is the interpretations of the same reality with many things within it that would add various flavors obviously....but the purpose of spirituality serves the same objective for every soul.
  • Castin
    Castin avatar
    Forum posts: 1,965
    Castin avatar
    Castin
    --> @Deb-8-a-bull
    101 denominations. Lol.

I would expect yes, a theist who believes they follow the one true religion will probably think other religions are incorrect.
  • Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Debates: 4
    Forum posts: 7,303
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    What is a religion but a way of life? Is the cobbler any more correct than the carpenter?

Those who receive not the love of The Truth will be cursed with strong delusion. Love The Truth. Love others as you love yourself. That is good religion.

• Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Forum posts: 3,466
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Mopac
    What is a religion but a way of life? Is the cobbler any more correct than the carpenter?
    You should take that on board yourself, Mopac. You claim to know the truth of god who is Jesus who is  Lord over all  lords, but are you anymore correct in your opinions or beliefs than the "cobbler" or the carpenter" who are atheist ?

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Stephen
    If you go around saying, "It is the truth that the truth doesn't exist! Prove to me that it is true that there is truth! The truth is a lie!", not only are you never right, but you aren't even really obligated to be taken seriously. This is clearly the loony toons madhouse position.

And yes, when you deny my God, The Supreme and Ultimate Reality, that is exactly what you are doing. You are adopting the funny farm position.

• PGA2.0
    PGA2.0 avatar
    Forum posts: 2,548
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0
    --> @Deb-8-a-bull
    Yes!

It is hard to gather what you are trying to say by your opening post. Your thoughts and ideas are minimal and all over the place. One to two words very seldom form(s) a coherent sentence.  

Peter
  • PGA2.0
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0
    --> @Castin
    101 denominations are not the standard. The revelation is the standard.

Peter

• PGA2.0
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0
    --> @janesix
    JANE: i doubt anyone really knows

By necessity, only one can be true for there to be reason and logic or truth.

The fact that you doubt leaves questions to you KNOWING your worldview is true. If there is an absolutely, omnipotent, almighty, necessary, self-sustaining Being who has revealed Himself, then we have the necessary means to KNOW. The biblical God makes that claim and the biblical revelation is reasonable and logical to believe. It corresponds to reality in what we would expect to find. So, by default, it would be the true belief once correctly held.

If you are an atheist there would be NO REASON to find uniformity of nature - the things science relies upon. There would be NO REASON to find meaning contained in the universe. There would be NO purpose or intention. Yet, in spite of this, you continue to find these things in everything you examine. You DISCOVER mathematical formulas behind the universe that do not depend on your making them up, yet they require mindfulness. IOW's, they existed before you or any other human being.

Peter

• PGA2.0
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0
    --> @EtrnlVw
    They can't all be TRUE interpretations of the same reality for they state OPPOSITES and misrepresent that reality. That defies logic and the laws of logic - specifically the Law of Identity (A=A) or the Law of Non-contradiction (A cannot be A and not-A at the same time and in the same manner.

Peter 

• PGA2.0
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0
    MOPAC: What is a religion but a way of life? Is the cobbler any more correct than the carpenter?

Yes, a religion can be thought of as a way of life or following the decrees of God/gods.
    Is the cobbler any more correct than the carpenter? It depends on the particular belief held. Is it a true belief (John 4:23-24)?

Peter
  • Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull
    --> @PGA2.0
    Is the other main religion incorrect.
  • PGA2.0
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0 avatar
    PGA2.0
    --> @Deb-8-a-bull
    It depends which one you reference. As a believer in Christ my answer to other religions, Islam included, is Yes.
  • Goldtop
    Goldtop avatar
    Forum posts: 1,713
    Goldtop avatar
    Goldtop
    --> @Mopac
    Those who receive not the love of The Truth will be cursed with strong delusion. Love others as you love yourself.

You just contradicted your way of life. You can't say on one hand to love others as you love yourself and then say they're cursed and strongly deluded simply because they don't share your beliefs.
  • Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Goldtop
    It has nothing to do with sharing my beliefs. If you don't love the truth, you have chosen delusion over truth.

There is nothing spectacular about this, it is what happens.

• Goldtop
    Goldtop avatar
    Goldtop avatar
    Goldtop
    --> @Mopac
    It has nothing to do with sharing my beliefs. If you don't love the truth, you have chosen delusion over truth.
    Really? So, according to you, reality is delusion and magic is reality. Gotcha.

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Goldtop
    I'm not telling you reality is anything other than what it is.

When I say The Truth, I mean The Truth as it truly is not what I believe or what anyone believes The Truth to be.

• Goldtop
    Goldtop avatar
    Goldtop avatar
    Goldtop
    --> @Mopac
    I'm not telling you reality is anything other than what it is.
    Your god fantasies are not anyone's reality, they are just your fantasies.

When I say The Truth, I mean The Truth as it truly is not what I believe or what anyone believes The Truth to be.
    Reality is the truth. Do yourself a favor and join it sometime.
  • Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Goldtop
    The Truth is my God.

The Truth is your God.

When I say God I am saying The Ultimate Reality.

That certainly goes beyond our beliefs about it. I am talking about Truth in the truest sense.

So what is the problem?

• Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull
    The Dance of the semi intelligent theist.  It looks horrible. 

• Goldtop
    Goldtop avatar
    Goldtop avatar
    Goldtop
    --> @Mopac
    Your proclamations of faith are irrelevant. Go stand on a street corner and preach. This is a debate forum, not a pulpit.
  • Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Goldtop
    We are on a religion forum.

If you make God to be something other than The Truth you are not going by the proper theological understanding of the concept.

So we are actually debating. Your position is that 3 = 4, and I am telling you that is not correct