Is the "other" "main" religion incorrect ?

Author: Deb-8-a-bull

Total: 51
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
So all I can tell you is that when I say God, it means The Ultimate Reality.

So, your claims have now turned into a game of semantics. God = Ultimate Reality is as empty a claim as any other empty claim. It means nothing.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
But it isn't empty because this is the monotheist God, and by rejecting this meaning, you are simply being willfully ignorant.

You reduce God to the very gods that monotheists have argued against for centuries. This is the very most fundamnetal premise, and if you don't accept you aren't going to understand anything that follows.

So yeah, it is very important.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
But it isn't empty because this is the monotheist God, and by rejecting this meaning, you are simply being willfully ignorant.

The Dictionary is a reference book, do you not understand that?

It is your claims that are empty.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
The Dictionary is a reference book, do you not understand that?

Do you? do you know what reference means?

It is your claims that are empty.

No, it is the dictionaries claims that are empty. Yet it's a REFERENCE book lol. You are quite a character aren't you? Are "reference books" empty Goldy?

Reference-
the action of mentioning or alluding to something.
the use of a source of information in order to ascertain something.

NOTHIN and empty, eh? lol
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw
Do you? do you know what reference means?

Of course, unlike yourself, I can read definitions in a Dictionary and understand them whereas you cannot.

I've even observed you to copy/paste definitions from Dictionaries in your posts and then immediately turn around and ignore them for your own personal made up definition of the same word. The meaning of consciousnesses has been and continues to be a perfect example of that. You completely ignore the definition in order to make up your own definition, referred to earlier as "wishy-washy", which pretty much explains it.

No, it is the dictionaries claims that are empty. Yet it's a REFERENCE book lol. You are quite a character aren't you? Are "reference books" empty Goldy?
As we can see yet again, you're very confused and have no idea what a Dictionary is used. It's a book of reference. It helps to define words so people can understand one another. You, of course, want nothing to do with understanding. It doesn't claim God exist or has any authority in the matter.

Try to keep up.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Merriam-webster literally defines capital G God as The Supreme or Ultimate Reality which is in line with theology, and not simply Christian theology either.

So yes, Ultimate Reality means that God exists, because existence is an essential quality of God. If you make God something that doesn't exist, you are not actually talking about God because God is that which is ultimately real.

You say that the dictionary defines words so that we can understand eachother, and then reject the definition so that there is no understanding. 
You aren't even talking about God, because you are talking about a god or gods.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
I've even observed you to copy/paste definitions from Dictionaries in your posts and then immediately turn around and ignore them for your own personal made up definition of the same word. The meaning of consciousnesses has been and continues to be a perfect example of that. You completely ignore the definition in order to make up your own definition

Lol, I'll wait here while you materialize that. 

As we can see yet again, you're very confused and have no idea what a Dictionary is used. It's a book of reference.

That's what was said. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
The Supreme or Ultimate Reality which is in line with theology, and not simply Christian theology either.

Sorry, but those terms do NOT appear in any Christian theology. Fabricating lies will get you nowhere.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw

Should I wait while you attempt to understand what I wrote or will the universe end before that ever happens? I have idea what you're rambling about. Learn to use the English language, please.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
Should I wait while you attempt to understand what I wrote or will the universe end before that ever happens? I have idea what you're rambling about. Learn to use the English language, please.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
That of course has nothing to do with the vast majority of Christian writings not being in English, yes?

But if you pick up just about any work of Augustine, he makes it very clear that this is God. It's stated pretty clearly in nearly all of his writings.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
But if you pick up just about any work of Augustine, he makes it very clear that this is God

Then, why aren't you worshiping Augustine if the Bible doesn't support your claims?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw
Speak English.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
The bible certainly supports my claims, but I don't worship the bible. I don't worship the bible because I understand what it is saying. 
The bible is not to be taken as an idol before God.

And I say that with the utmost reverence towards these scriptures.

The letter kills, the spirit gives life.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
The bible certainly supports my claims

No, it doesn't. Have you already forgotten the term "Supreme or Ultimate Reality" is not in Scriptures?

Stop lying.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Yet, if you asked a Rabbi the meaning of the name that was given to Moses by God in scripture, you'd get a contrary answer.

The bible wasn't written in English. What we get in English are translations.

Yet for some reason, there is theological consensus on what God means. A consensus that has existed for thousands of years. A consensus you are in vain opposition to.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
You're just fabricating obvious lies. Grow up.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
What is the other main religion? I think Christianity is the ONLY true and correct religion. I would not go on to say that everything Christianity teaches is true and correct and some of the things it practices are surely incorrect.

Nevertheless, it is correct in so far as believing that Jesus is LORD and that he died and rose again from the dead and that there is no other name under heaven by which we can be saved. 

So far as denominations go, any Christian denomination which believes in the Trinity and the Atoning work of Christ through his death on the cross is correct. Hence, cults like the LDS or the JWs or the wacky independent unitarian churches are not Christian in accordance with the traditions of the church.  

but from my point of view, the more denominations, the better. It shows that the church contains thinking people within the framework of its tenants and that is a good thing. 

8 days later

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
This is an assertion not a question. Why do you think you are right and yet religions must be wrong? Seems a little arrogant to me. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Tradesecret
Trade hi pal . 
Its not really a matter of me thinking im right or not its.
It is me being a little antaganistic. I like to ummm , kind of like make fun of believers like. 
I'm rarther senseless like that. 
But i fell the force is strong with you Trade.
Im going to take your posts in, not in a guidance to god type way but arrrrrr you know. 
I cant spell very good, bare with that.  ask me.
Now back to the post.

Trade , it aint about me gunning for glory and going for the win here.
And for this post I'll go with you and agree that Your religion is correct true religion , andvwhat do you know, you are in the correct religious group.
( the crowd goes wild ) You're a great reigious group picker man, CONGRATULATIONS. 

Hey trade?  It's going to get deep now.  The silly fun games are over. 
Its this. 
Please answer truthfully. Goodluck.
Your question is.

Can you ( thats you ) .
Can you like me see a group of around 2 billion people , close to 2000,000,000. ( is that 2 bill ?  )
Fuk , start again.  Im just going to ask.

Can you like me see a group of close to 2 billion people caught in a somewhat kind of lie. 
Following a religion that is not truly inspired by a actual factual God. 

If you can't. Maybe together we can both agree that , we " Believe scientology to be a fake religious group. Trade ?
Scientology, what a million people, we can see a group of one million people who to you and i seem FULLY FUKIN CERTAIN scientology is fake.
That's one million people traped right there BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Now i say traped which is a little unfair. Sometimes and maybe most, the fact that you and i know a religion could be false or could be true. One or the other. When i say true religion,  like your group. The one true religious, Can i get a AMEN?
Oh yeahhhhh.

GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHAT YOU FEEL ABOUT THESE PEOPLE,  IN GENERAL, You and i SEE the absolutely POINTLESS  game of charades they play,  a massacred if you will. There false group has them worshipping their god with the good old
Touch your albow 3 times.
5 head pats,  5 anti clockwise LARGE* belly rubs. 
Maybe some $$Change$$ 
Trade?
Hey trade, these false / fake / untrue groups , AKA  All and every other group apart from yours ,i mean ours 
Yes Amen , what ever. Amen amen 
The ones allllll around us,  
Me personally, and like deep i fell sorry for them, 
They've been tricked into never knowing your , i mean our really real the one and only truly true,  aaaàaaaa like, you know ? Like real GOD. 
Lets call him supreme ultimate reality God. AKA  the true GOD full stop. Hehe.

Thoughts on the plentiful caught in fake religious group's.?
eash
eash
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
you lack the truth about eastern religions. their religions are about how to meditate to have a sex with a so called goddess. depending on the religion a males lifespan is different.

therefore i ask you in your little world. those religions have been having this knd of sex for thousands of years bcause this sex "is repeatable". is their way of writing their religion right or wrong?