It is time for a DART Presidency

Author: thett3

Total: 139
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@thett3
I’m inclined to impose a presidency, just because of how toxic they were on DDO. The DDO presidency was really meant to mediate between them and Juggle. We don’t really have that problem here. 

That said, I won’t stop you guys from choosing a President, they’ll just have no official moderation duty and won’t be endorsed by the mods. 
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
okay
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Vaarka
666 posts, the devil is a liar
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vaarka
Forum posts: 666

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vaarka
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
If I became president, I would actually not accept what Virtuoso said. I would muscle my way into some authority, just to ensure we have some democratic means of checks and balances on the power of this site. Otherwise we will have the online version of Nazi Germany
Singularity
Singularity
If I became president, I would actually not accept what Virtuoso said. I would muscle my way into some authority, just to ensure we have some democratic means of checks and balances on the power of this site. Otherwise we will have the online version of Nazi Germany
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@thett3
Do you mind being in charge of the election process, if the mods do not step up to volunteer for that role? 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@thett3
Yeah okay I can get behind that I suppose. It seems the mods won't be formally endorsing the creation of such a position but enough people seem in favor that there is the possibility of actually getting something like this done. I guess I would second singus above question. If the answer is that you are willing to undertake the organization of such a process then I can volunteer my assistance in doing so.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@David
You are misremembering what things were like because the last two DDO elections were total shit-shows. For the vast majority of its existence the presidency was a controversy free position that served as a symbolic head of the site advised the moderators on what was on the communities mind. A great example of this is when the users weren’t happy with Airmax’s disastrous personal conduct policy and the elections forced him to take a more laissez-faire approach. 

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There needs to be a check on the power of moderation. 
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@thett3
You are misremembering what things were like because the last two DDO elections were total shit-shows. For the vast majority of its existence the presidency was a controversy free position that served as a symbolic head of the site advised the moderators on what was on the communities mind. A great example of this is when the users weren’t happy with Airmax’s disastrous personal conduct policy and the elections forced him to take a more laissez-faire approach. 

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There needs to be a check on the power of moderation. 

Perhaps so. It's been a long time. I'm pretty sure I remember the original sh*t storm when bsh was elected president. 

thett3
thett3
-->
@David
His first election was totally non-controversial. His re-election was controversial because who won was open to interpretation (Bsh won the votes prior to the “time stamp”, but if you counted votes that were cast before the moderator posted to close the election, Wylted won.) It was a freak event. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I support this idea and would like to be on a ticket but not the main candidate. If no one accepts me, I will run solo. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I thumbs up to 2 thumbs. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
This idea has my support
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
Who needs a Cheney?
DapperMack
DapperMack
Imabench
Imabench
Vote me for president and Ill bring back the Weekly Stupid 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
As soon as people get a little regular agriculture going, assholes from the hinterlands always show up calling for kings and walls and temples. 

Fuck off to any who seek to impose their unearned authority over our little tribe.  We have no need or want for increased executive power.
thett3
thett3
-->
@oromagi
Agreed, that is why we need a check on the power of moderation 
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
-->
@thett3
I uhh... I think his comment was aimed at you.
thett3
thett3
-->
@Zaradi
Shhhh
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@oromagi
As soon as people get a little regular agriculture going, assholes from the hinterlands always show up calling for kings and walls and temples. 
We all are not going to be farmers. Sometimes we just have to move on and you know live in the 21st Century. I take "kings and walls and temples" as something more developed than farmers. I don't really see the point of being a developing country.
Fuck off to any who seek to impose their unearned authority over our little tribe.  We have no need or want for increased executive power.
Did someone pay you to say this or are you shilling for free?

"We" is poorly used since I think only 3 people on this thread have come to oppose this oromagiDiscipulus_DidicitDr.Franklin

The people who support it are: thett3. thou shall not be named, SingularitySirAnonymousRationalMadmanarmoredcatVaarkaBullish, bmdrocks21Imabench,

Don't know about: LunaticSwagnarok, Alec, Virtuoso

So basically even if the don't know say no there will still be more people for it.  

Against 3/17
Pro 10/17
Don't know 4/17

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I'm in the don't know section. I only asked what the president would do, not expressed support.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@SirAnonymous
"Sounds good. However, doing all that would require not being lazy, so I won't run for office."

You basically said it sounds good specifically about the presidency but will not run. What else do you need to say for it to be pro DA presidency?
I'm in the don't know section. I only asked what the president would do, not expressed support.
Guess you meant what thou shall not be named said sounds good not the idea? Can you be more clearer next time?

It is like basically saying what is murder? I reply murder is unlawful killing. You say sounds good. So you are for it would be an obvious response no?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Oh. I forgot I said that.
DapperMack
DapperMack
-->
@Imabench
What exactly would you use for the Weekly Stupid that has nothing to do with cringey, shallow banter from 15 year old males? 

DapperMack
DapperMack
I honestly think people here are holding on this "DDO Revival Dream" that they will never truly get. This has been apparent for a few years, but I at least understood it before when when it was basically still a website.

Here I just... don't get it. This place is weird af.

Imabench
Imabench
-->
@DapperMack
What exactly would you use for the Weekly Stupid that has nothing to do with cringey, shallow banter from 15 year old males?

Just glancing through either the political forums or religious forums was enough to carry the show when it aired, I could probably just do that again
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Imabench: Makes disparaging joke about the politics and religion fourms.

Reports have been handled