-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Some people don't have a sense of humor
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
You saying I don't have a sense of humor?

I take offense. Reported.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You saying that I assume you don't have a false sense of humor implying I'm unfunny? Reported
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Again: Reports have been handled.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@David
This thread has gotten more posts than almost anything else recently on this website. The response is overwhelmingly positive and, let’s face it, this site desperately needs some positive excitement. Implement a presidency! 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
If nothing else, presidential elections will promote activity.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
Wait, the report of post 60 was obviously a joke but was the report of post 59 from me accidentally pushing the report button when trying to upvote?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
If anyone wants to run for president and would like some free advertising, send me a PM and I'll put an ad for you in the Bard.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You can throw me in the pro
Vader
Vader
If I am president I will host an annual Discord Chat While At McDonalds where we will all unite eating Bic Mac's and Chicken Nuggys while debating about Abortion in a McDonalds where the locals will stare at us while we yell, "DO YOU WANT ME TO SHOW YOU PICTURES OF ABORTED BABIES?!"

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
You would deliberately annoy the locals and get yourself get kicked out? Hast thou no chivalry, peasant?

Vader
Vader
-->
@SirAnonymous
My opinion must be heard. Plus my McDonalds is always vacant. The only people who would hear me is the workers. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Fast food workers are people too. Kinda.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Lmao that’s kinda true
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
Against 3/17
Pro 10/17
Don't know 4/17

Lunatic moved to Pro
SirAnonymous moved to Don't know

8 days later

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@David
Your main forum hasn’t had a post on three days. This site is dying, and it’s going to die entirely if there’s no excitement. Implement a presidency. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@thett3
Resurrect it by being active
David
Debates: 92
David
-->
@Vader
I'm open to the idea of a presidency. I'll give you guys free reign on how to go about selecting the President. What would the President actually do? 

Vader
Vader
-->
@David
How the emperor of Japan was treated in the feudal system
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@thett3
Bro mods have said several times now they are okay with this idea going forward they just aren't going to carry it forward themselves. I offered to help you if you wanted to take the lead on organizing such a thing. Ball is in your court.
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@David
You hosting the election and helping figure out how it will play out (the election) will help. The role of the presidency will largely depend on the person occupying the position. one person may be a voice for the community while another may seek to be a community organizer. I wouldn't overly focus on the role of said president

Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
president: make rules

mods: enforce rules

Elect me president and I will abolish the coc
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Singularity
As stated, if the community wants to "elect" someone "President" they are free to do so. You can set up the election however you wish and assign whatever "duties" to the role you wish.

Currently there is no role for a President within the moderation team.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
president: make rules

mods: enforce rules

Elect me president and I will abolish the coc
And I think this is an excellent example why.

While President may have a purpose as the "voice" of the people or a single person to elected to represent the people and provide input on behalf of the people, they would not have any direct ability to alter the moderation of the site or its terms of use.

Right now the population is small enough, and activity low enough, that directly polling people to get a sense of the desires of the community is still practical, making any representative role unnecessary.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Bullish

This is some Trump level of stupidity. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@thett3
Your main forum hasn’t had a post on three days. This site is dying, and it’s going to die entirely if there’s no excitement. Implement a presidency. 
A presidency won't fix a dying site. This is just you trying to promote whatever it is you call this. At this point I actually think you wanted to presidency to be some official role not unofficial which is why you don't care about it. 

Discipulus_Didicit said he would volunteer 20 days ago yet you still not really doing it. 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
To be clear, DART is not a democracy, nor should it be. Mods and administrative positions are chosen based on qualification, not the whims of the masses. This site is privately owned. If you don't like the site and its rules, there are a plethora of alternatives. 

This is not to say that I am entirely opposed to the idea of a presidency, I am open to it, but I would echo Drafterman in saying it would be solely a  "voice." I do not believe we can or should give executive power to such a presidency unless the mods are required to vote to confirm the inauguration. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@MisterChris
Pretty weird to give this response when thett3 can't be bothered to commit to it. I could argue about stuff you said but I won't.

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am simply responding to those calling for revolution. Not necessarily thett3.
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@drafterman
As stated, if the community wants to "elect" someone "President" they are free to do so. You can set up the election however you wish and assign whatever "duties" to the role you wish.

That was already stated so pointless to bring up and is completely irrelevant to what I said. It is useful though in showing the lengths people in positions of power will go to monopolize their power like literal Nazis, instead of acting as servant leaders. 

Currently there is no role for a President within the moderation team.

No shit, nobody asked for there to be one, and again how closely you resemble a nazi is showing. You must think this is the endgame and are fearing some sort of threat to your authority to randomly bring it up. (otherwise this would have went unmentioned). This is sad and pathetic on your parts is a small debating website and now that you feel like you have a bit of authority, you think you hold some sort of real power. It goes to show that you hopefully are never handed  any power in real life. You will feel threatened whensomebody thinks power shouldn't be monopolized. You are an evil person and you need to take a close look at your soul and decide whether you want to remain evil or if you want to be a servant leader who works to democratize power