It is time for a DART Presidency

Author: thett3

Total: 139
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@MisterChris
 Mods and administrative positions are chosen based on qualification, not the whims of the masses.
Absolutely untrue. If it were the case the only remaining member of the mod team would probably be ragnar, and discussions leaked to me about how the mod team chooses new mods are quite revealing. Their decisions are based on statements like "You know, we could really use a conservative or female mod" and qualifications are not discussed. Mike picked BSH1 on a whim and anyone who has been a part of the community for a while could predict precisely what bsh1 was going to do, and he did not disappoint when he started surrounding himself on weaklings completely dependent on him for their social standing and enforcing policies in a way conducive of bringing "social justice". Had Mike not been stupid about that choice, this site would be 5 times bigger, he doubled down on that retarded decision by picking a mod while not as bad as bsh1 lacks the emotional and social maturity for the position. 

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Singularity
That was already stated so pointless to bring up and is completely irrelevant to what I said.

I agree, so I was surprised that, despite it being said, you would ask again for Virt to host the election and figure out how it will play out. Because that would be moderation playing an active role in this and acknowledging the legitimacy of the position which is not consistent with the stance of moderation at this point.

It is useful though in showing the lengths people in positions of power will go to monopolize their power like literal Nazis, instead of acting as servant leaders. 
The moderation team is consistently criticized for being too large, essentially the opposite of a monopoly. Regardless, it isn't purpose of the moderation team is to be leaders at all. The purpose of the moderation team is to, via enforcement of the CoC, keep the site running.

"Currently there is no role for a President within the moderation team."

No shit, nobody asked for there to be one, and again how closely you resemble a nazi is showing.
When Virt originally said this your immediate response was to say: "I would actually not accept what Virtuoso said." So you are explicitly diametrically opposed to the President not having a role within the moderation team.

You must think this is the endgame and are fearing some sort of threat to your authority to randomly bring it up.
Yes, my authority to clear the reports board of religious forum users frivolously reporting each other endlessly. Please don't take that away from me.

This is sad and pathetic on your parts is a small debating website and now that you feel like you have a bit of authority, you think you hold some sort of real power.
I think you're just mad that I was put here based on merits, rather than having to lie and scheme my way into it.

It goes to show that you hopefully are never handed  any power in real life. You will feel threatened whensomebody thinks power shouldn't be monopolized. You are an evil person and you need to take a close look at your soul and decide whether you want to remain evil or if you want to be a servant leader who works to democratize power
Souls don't exist.

Singularity
Singularity
I agree, so I was surprised that, despite it being said, you would ask again for Virt to host the election and figure out how it will play out. Because that would be moderation playing an active role in this and acknowledging the legitimacy of the position which is not consistent with the stance of moderation at this point
I have not heard anyone other than you say it would not be a legitimate position. I think this supports my theory there is a desire for a monopoly of power. Clearly it is meant to be a legitimate role with no formal powers.

When Virt originally said this your immediate response was to say: "I would actually not accept what Virtuoso said." So you are explicitly diametrically opposed to the President not having a role within the moderation team.
This is what I would use my imaginary powers to try and achieve. The moderation team as is, is terrible. If I were interviewing these people I would never hire them for the job. I don't see reducing the standards merely because it is an unpaid position. There are people of higher quality willing to take the position. Previously you had a person who sat in Mcdonalds all day and typed on his computer. Now you have somebody who stocks shelves at a grocery store and is bullied by everyone in his personal life. These are not the type of people who should be in positions of authority. Any of these people taking any of my previous leadership positions would not have achieved great results like me. 

The standards should be, anybody you would not hire in the real world for a leadership position, you should not hire here. I would push for a democratization of moderation power because of how poorly Mike has chosen. If he were more competent in his hiring processes, I would oppose that. MY statement that the creation of a presidential position not having a dual goal of becoming a moderator is accurate. My goal is to usurp power and then democratize it until Mike learns better judgement or gets lucky with one of his moderator decisions.

Yes, my authority to clear the reports board of religious forum users frivolously reporting each other endlessly. Please don't take that away from me.

This is why it is so silly for you to be adamant that the democratization of power is bad and to be so insistent to monopolize it. I assume it is an ego thing. "Only I am responsible enough to sift through reported posts in a competent way".

I think you're just mad that I was put here based on merits, rather than having to lie and scheme my way into it.

Scheming is how you display superior competence in strategizing solutions when in a position decided by voters. A person who can run the most effective campaign is also going to be a superior strategist in creating solutions for a country. The lying part is bullshit. I commonly take a worse strategic position by saying honest things. I can afford to do so because of my superior strategic ability in other areas. When a small handful of people choose for a position you prove merit through your resume. SO it is just 2 different ways to display merit. The people who chose you for that position may have chosen you because of your merit but if so than it was just a lucky guess, they are too incompetent to actually make a wise decision, and even in choosing other people for moderation positions, I know for a fact they did not ask for or receive resumes. They went by gut. I have been successful in every leadership position I have ever been in, whether that is leading a team to victory in survivor or having jobs where I bring my division to the top in their district. Were they really seeking somebody based on merit, you would have lost.

Anybody looking for a successful campaign to the future presidential position should contact me, and I will once again prove my merit by winning. If I have to, I will create my own campaign, but as long as a candidate I approve of an who will listen to me approaches, I will get them the win here
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Singularity
I have not heard anyone other than you say it would not be a legitimate position. I think this supports my theory there is a desire for a monopoly of power. Clearly it is meant to be a legitimate role with no formal powers.
"That said, I won’t stop you guys from choosing a President, they’ll just have no official moderation duty and won’t be endorsed by the mods." - Virt

"This is not to say that I am entirely opposed to the idea of a presidency, I am open to it, but I would echo Drafterman in saying it would be solely a  "voice." I do not believe we can or should give executive power to such a presidency unless the mods are required to vote to confirm the inauguration." - christopher

The standards should be, anybody you would not hire in the real world for a leadership position, you should not hire here. I would push for a democratization of moderation power because of how poorly Mike has chosen. If he were more competent in his hiring processes, I would oppose that. MY statement that the creation of a presidential position not having a dual goal of becoming a moderator is accurate. My goal is to usurp power and then democratize it until Mike learns better judgement or gets lucky with one of his moderator decisions.
Cool. Good luck with that.

This is why it is so silly for you to be adamant that the democratization of power is bad and to be so insistent to monopolize it. I assume it is an ego thing. "Only I am responsible enough to sift through reported posts in a competent way".
Well if you accept my description of it, it makes your previous point irrelevant.

Scheming is how you display superior competence in strategizing solutions when in a position decided by voters. A person who can run the most effective campaign is also going to be a superior strategist in creating solutions for a country. The lying part is bullshit. I commonly take a worse strategic position by saying honest things. I can afford to do so because of my superior strategic ability in other areas. When a small handful of people choose for a position you prove merit through your resume. SO it is just 2 different ways to display merit. The people who chose you for that position may have chosen you because of your merit but if so than it was just a lucky guess, they are too incompetent to actually make a wise decision, and even in choosing other people for moderation positions, I know for a fact they did not ask for or receive resumes. They went by gut. I have been successful in every leadership position I have ever been in, whether that is leading a team to victory in survivor or having jobs where I bring my division to the top in their district. Were they really seeking somebody based on merit, you would have lost.
Cool story.

Anybody looking for a successful campaign to the future presidential position should contact me, and I will once again prove my merit by winning. If I have to, I will create my own campaign, but as long as a candidate I approve of an who will listen to me approaches, I will get them the win here
You desperately need to be president of something, don't you?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@MisterChris
Who is calling for a revolution?
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@drafterman
If you have no rebuttals and have to resort to that, just admit you are wrong and apologize and then work on not being evil. How much money have you given to charity in the past 12 months? 

"That said, I won’t stop you guys from choosing a President, they’ll just have no official moderation duty and won’t be endorsed by the mods." - Virt

"This is not to say that I am entirely opposed to the idea of a presidency, I am open to it, but I would echo Drafterman in saying it would be solely a  "voice." I do not believe we can or should give executive power to such a presidency unless the mods are required to vote to confirm the inauguration." - christopher

Thanks for proving my point that it would be a legitimate position with no formal powers. The rest of what you wrote is just doubling down on the fact you are an evil piece of shit. Offering no rebuttals of my points proves them true. I could easily respond with dismissive points like "cool story", but I am not an evil piece of shit like you. 

The fact you admit your position has a very tiny if any bit of power at all, and still seek to monopolize it is sad and pathetic

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Singularity
Well, I define the position as "legitimate" if it has formal power. So we seem to be on the same page as it not having any power or role with moderation.

So if you guys want to play pretend president, more (fake) power to you.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@drafterman
Well, I define the position as "legitimate" if it has formal power. So we seem to be on the same page as it not having any power or role with moderation.

So if you guys want to play pretend president, more (fake) power to you.

So you are okay with us doing anything that doesn't threaten the monopoly of power by democratizing it. Good to know hitler.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Singularity
No shit, nobody asked for there to be one, and again how closely you resemble a nazi is showing. You must think this is the endgame and are fearing some sort of threat to your authority to randomly bring it up. (otherwise this would have went unmentioned). This is sad and pathetic on your parts is a small debating website and now that you feel like you have a bit of authority, you think you hold some sort of real power. It goes to show that you hopefully are never handed  any power in real life. You will feel threatened whensomebody thinks power shouldn't be monopolized. You are an evil person and you need to take a close look at your soul and decide whether you want to remain evil or if you want to be a servant leader who works to democratize power
Your making me proud.
Absolutely untrue. If it were the case the only remaining member of the mod team would probably be ragnar, and discussions leaked to me about how the mod team chooses new mods are quite revealing. Their decisions are based on statements like "You know, we could really use a conservative or female mod" and qualifications are not discussed. Mike picked BSH1 on a whim and anyone who has been a part of the community for a while could predict precisely what bsh1 was going to do, and he did not disappoint when he started surrounding himself on weaklings completely dependent on him for their social standing and enforcing policies in a way conducive of bringing "social justice". Had Mike not been stupid about that choice, this site would be 5 times bigger, he doubled down on that retarded decision by picking a mod while not as bad as bsh1 lacks the emotional and social maturity for the position. 
I am guessing it was RM?
If I were interviewing these people I would never hire them for the job. I don't see reducing the standards merely because it is an unpaid position. There are people of higher quality willing to take the position. Previously you had a person who sat in Mcdonalds all day and typed on his computer. Now you have somebody who stocks shelves at a grocery store and is bullied by everyone in his personal life. 
Conservatives just can't help themselves and pick on people who can't fight back. Who would've thought?

If it wasn't clear I don't think anyone wants to be a Mcdonalds employee or working in a grocery store. They maybe doing it for a part-time job or actually have to work in that well not what people call their dream job. Here we have at worst someone berating people for things they can't help. They didn't choose to be given a bad set of cards which led them to working for Mcdonalds or a grocery store but that goes right over your head.
My goal is to usurp power and then democratize it until Mike learns better judgement or gets lucky with one of his moderator decisions.
Really dumb giving away your plan. If the moderation team were power-hungry now they know your plan and your dislike to them. I wonder how in anyway you can usurp power if not through being elected. Lol talk about how ineffective you are at reaching your goals. 
I assume it is an ego thing. "Only I am responsible enough to sift through reported posts in a competent way".
Projection. The job he laid out is not even that hard. You agree this site is dying so why would he allocate work when there is barely anything going on? 
The lying part is bullshit. 
Trump lied about social security, medicare and medicaid. As much as I dislike Bernie's policies he made a great video. Link. Trump is in office by the way and would likely win re-election on lies. 
I can afford to do so because of my superior strategic ability in other areas.
Lol

You said some other nonsense but I would like to see your nonsensical responses to this. 

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Singularity
Low tier stuff, man.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@TheRealNihilist
None of my posts here mention Trump. Stop eating crayons for one second and figure out what the fuck somebody is saying before responding, Okay short bus?

Conservatives just can't help themselves and pick on people who can't fight back. Who would've thought?

If it wasn't clear I don't think anyone wants to be a Mcdonalds employee or working in a grocery store. They maybe doing it for a part-time job or actually have to work in that well not what people call their dream job. Here we have at worst someone berating people for things they can't help. They didn't choose to be given a bad set of cards which led them to working for Mcdonalds or a grocery store but that goes right over your head.
Nobody is berating anybody. There are numerous people on the site with actual proven real life leadership. It makes more sense to give leadership positions to them than to people who nobody trusts with such roles once they get to know them in the real world. Please learn to read more carefully Zoo lover.
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
-->
@thett3
Man, now this is the juicy forum drama we've been waiting for.

Singularity
Singularity
Anyone wondering why I called him zoo lover, or how I know he loves zoos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN4dOU_1hoA
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
What would the president do?
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Singularity
Not an ounce of this is true. Discussions about bringing diversity to the mod group is done. However, it is one minor factor among many when making selections. The mod group is heavily liberal and it appears as an elitist regime to conservatives on the site. Buying the trust of the users is the general intention. You can not cherry-pick parts of the discussions and claim that our only factor is diversity. 

Furthermore, the process is still preferable to the whims of an internet forum. I will not even bother to respond to your rant against Mike and bsh1. 
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@MisterChris
"None of this is true".

Then goes on to confirm everything I said was true using rhetoric more preferable to him but with the same exact meaning

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Alec
He should do me. I love powerful men
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Singularity
Lol, if that's what you've been "leaked" someone is pulling your leg.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@drafterman
The leak was from about 1 week after virtuoso was named head mod. You were not privy to those conversations 
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@drafterman
Also chris best said it was true that diversity is discussed when thinking of adding people to the mod team. I will provide screenshots of these PMs if all the mods involved can promise to step down if I show them
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Singularity
Lol.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Spill the tea commies
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Singularity
How would that be possible?
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
I don't see any purpose to it. The mods are defacto community leaders anyway.

thett3
thett3
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Pretty weird to give this response when thett3 can't be bothered to commit to it. I could argue about stuff you said but I won't.

Me not having the time to “commit” to running a presidential election that the mods have said they won’t recognize doesn’t mean that a presidency is a bad idea. I work full time and go to school so I certainly wouldn’t have the time to administer an election in a timely fashion. 

This site is dying. This thread has gotten significantly more posts than anything else recently. It needs a jolt of excitement, and a leader who can carry that excitement further 
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
Vote for me and I'll handle the rest.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Okay

VTL RM
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Singularity
None of my posts here mention Trump. Stop eating crayons for one second and figure out what the fuck somebody is saying before responding, Okay short bus?
Your a conservative. Please tell me how you don't worship your idol Trump. Eating crayons? What are you a soccer mom or has your brain stop developing for a while?
Nobody is berating anybody. There are numerous people on the site with actual proven real life leadership. It makes more sense to give leadership positions to them than to people who nobody trusts with such roles once they get to know them in the real world. Please learn to read more carefully Zoo lover.
Lying about berating somebody then berating me? Lol who would've thought you just can't help yourself but be a liar.
Anyone wondering why I called him zoo lover, or how I know he loves zoos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN4dOU_1hoA
Imagine explaining a joke and thinking people will find it funny. Lol

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@thett3
I work full time and go to school so I certainly wouldn’t have the time to administer an election in a timely fashion.
Why even start this if you knew you didn't have the time?
This site is dying. This thread has gotten significantly more posts than anything else recently. It needs a jolt of excitement, and a leader who can carry that excitement further
Another tired line. Yet another point for me to say that you wanted this to be an official role which is why you are not talking about developments instead try to keep this going in an attempt for something new to happen. Did I ever tell you the definition insanity? 
thett3
thett3
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why even start this if you knew you didn't have the time?
Don’t have the time for what?