California Assault Weapons Ban

Author: SirAnonymous

Total: 97
MamaBear
Debates: 0
MamaBear
-->
@Alec
What happens when some methed up student/faculty member/etc decides to take said consenting teacher's firearm? All the training in the world can't rule out a surprise grab.... Happens to police, who are very well trained in gun safety.

Yes, having an armed teacher may very well prevent some deaths, BUT they are not infallible. They can make mistakes too, like any other human with a gun.

And while I support gun safety legislation, I do NOT support repealing the 2A.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@MamaBear
you can't legislate safety, nor morality
some people still don't wear seatbelts, this religious faith in laws and government is grossly misplaced.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@MamaBear
What happens when some methed up student/faculty member/etc decides to take said consenting teacher's firearm?

I don't think students have the will to grab a teacher's gun.  At my house, there aren't guns, but there are knives.  They are out in the open, anyone can grab them and use them to do damage.  Yet, stabbings don't occur in my house.  They almost never occur because it turns out people don't want to murder each other with knives.  If families, who don't necessarily get along don't want to murder each other with weapons that are easy to get, I doubt students that respect rules and teachers would even get the gun from the teacher, let alone shoot the gun.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@ILikePie5
How are you going to know who has and who doesn’t have an “assault” weapon.

Cuz gun running doesn't exist lol. If AR-15's are banned, that means no one has them or can get them!

Left: Just because you ban drugs doesn't mean people won't get their hands on drugs.
Also Left: Let's ban guns!
People with common sense: *see obvious contradiction*
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@bmdrocks21
I would like everyone to open their favorite browser and type in "hunting with airguns"  and look for the big dead animals in the video thumbnails.  You probably aren't familiar with it because it's not all that popular I would guess.  Imagine though if you messed around with limiting ammo as one example how that might increase the popularity, design and price of these extremely powerful airguns.

for the exceedingly lazy https://youtu.be/t9wCeoDWhe8

I for one would love this technology to rapidly advance, they are much quieter and cleaner.  So we sure we want to go down this road?  I do, silencers are expensive, this would pretty much solve that issue and others the leftist have created.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Don't forget about 3D printed guns

:)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@bmdrocks21
that true too, bring on the technology, let chaos reign!