Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 182
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
How about lynching Bullish? We know for a fact that he lied.
Your post 6 made it seem like you thought water killed supa/singlularity. Did you honestly believe that?

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
No. I said he killed two town: himself and GP. However, it makes absolutely no difference whether Supa/Singularity were NKed or suicide-bombed. The same logic still applies.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
It matters as far as the case against bullish goes doesn't it?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
@Speedrace
It shouldn't make a difference, but I'll ask Speed.

@Speedrace
If Singularity had been NKd, and a bodyguard targeted Supa, the bodyguard and Singularity would be the ones to die
Would this still be true if Singularity had been killed by a suicide bomber rather than an NK?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
I don't like that the rest of your post smells like role fishing to determine whether I am a power role that the mafia should worry about or not.
Is role fishing an actual tactic you see scum use on this platform? Town seem to be more role fishy than mafia IMO

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
It matters as far as the case against bullish goes doesn't it?

Well like he said you were simply misunderstanding what he meant by "killed two town" but that aside I don't understand why it should matter which death was scum murder and which was WP boob-boom. Could you perhaps explain?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Well like he said you were simply misunderstanding what he meant by "killed two town" but that aside I don't understand why it should matter which death was scum murder and which was WP boob-boom. Could you perhaps explain?
My initial thought on reading the OP was that scum obviously targetted supa/singluarity, it was a guaranteed two kills. Seemed fishy to me if his first thought was that this was waters intention. But yeah, I misunderstood that.

Lunatic
Lunatic
Also as far as the scum slip goes how do we know that supa was targetted and not singularity? If singularity was targetted bullish could be town right? Or would he have died in place of both of them? Sorry if this was talked about already and I missed it
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
And I will assume you meant to tag me in the post with my quote instead of oromagi. The answer to your question is yes. Fishing is different than asking for a claim because you scum read someone.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
And I will assume you meant to tag me in the post with my quote instead of oromagi. The answer to your question is yes. Fishing is different than asking for a claim because you scum read someone.

Are you saying oro doesn't scum read you? Why do you think that? Also you can't question someone's character and role if you don't suspect them? People are commonly pressured for a claim so we can remove them from potential suspects or use for POE, not neccesarily because you scum read them. I just think the idea of role fishing purposely isn't a scum tactic I have ever seen talked about in a mafia PM, and often town are behind role fishing.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
This is what Speed said about that.
If Singularity had been NKd, and a bodyguard targeted Supa, the bodyguard and Singularity would be the ones to die

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
Also as far as the scum slip goes how do we know that supa was targetted and not singularity? If singularity was targetted bullish could be town right? Or would he have died in place of both of them? Sorry if this was talked about already and I missed it
<br>

I publicly asked speed this very question. Speed said that bodyguard would have died in supas place (not how it usually goes I know but that is why I asked). This caused bullish to claim he was roleblocked so Siranon publicly asked speed if speed gives notifications to players when they are roleblocked. Speed said yes to that question.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@SirAnonymous
Would this still be true if Singularity had been killed by a suicide bomber rather than an NK?
If a bodyguard was on Supa, and Singularity was targeted by a suicide bomber, the bodyguard, Singularity, and the suicide bomber would all die
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
Thanks.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
To clarify the above, the sequence of events was as follows:

1) Speed confirms BG would hypothetically die in supas place if singu died and BG protected supa
2) bullish says "I did protect speed". Says nothing about being role blocked.
3) Bullish notices the above and says "Oh in that case I guess I was role blocked".
4) Siranon asks if notifications are given to those that are roleblocked. Speed says yes.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
According to what Speed said, it wouldn't matter whether Singularity was NKed or bombed. The only possible conclusion is that Bullish is lying. He claims to have been RB'ed, but the fact that he didn't know it when he started posting and claimed he had guarded Supa is proof that he did not guard Supa and is therefore a confirmed liar.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
I think post 160 basically boils down to this:

I just think the idea of role fishing purposely isn't a scum tactic I have ever seen talked about in a mafia PM, and often town are behind role fishing

Which is fine, I really don't feel up for a philosophical debate on the topic and furthermore I already said that I have no idea who the 3rd scum is.

All I want is for our confirmed bullish scum to be lynched before having another retarded 1.2k thread. We can find last scum in DP3 after scum narrows the pool with an NK and we possibly have the help of NP 2 results.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Btw I think I read DD as town last DP for the wrong reasons. Initially it was because he was conservative and didn't cast a vote on me and encouraged others to wait the dp out a bit when I outed results on GP, and I figured as mafia he would want to be oppertunistic and get on board. But in hindsight, that doesn't sound like DD at all. DD is smarter than that, and would more likely know as mafia that something was up. Probably sensed a town gambit and didn't want to look scummy.

Drafter's reaction on the other hand was purely town, even acknowledging that GP's behavior didn't make sense for being a yakuza but voting for him regardless because how can you risk letting a yakuza live, and why on earth would scum risk that gambit for a 1 v 1 when it would result in a net loss for mafia..

Also, not only was DD hesitant about lynching pie all DP in spite of what seemed like glaringly scummy behavior to me and others, his post pretending to care about pie's read initially struck me as a bit scummy, especially in light of how he kept saying "he wasn't seeing it", but wanted to appear objective and willing to look into pie, though he really wasn't.

"Pie is still a null read for me and I would like him to hurry up posting his reads so I can tell him how wrong he is even if I agree with him to gauge his reaction. Oops, did I say that last bit out loud?"

Right after a post basically defending him. I just don't get the vibe he was really interested at all trying to gauge a reaction.

Pie gives his reads on post 615, and there is no reaction to them by DD at all. I don't think he gave a rats ass about reading pie's behavior. It could be confirmation bias because he already town read pie, or he was just scum trying to appear objective. 
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Speedrace
VTL BULLISH
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
Btw I think I read DD as town last DP for the wrong reasons.

Okay that is fine you can try to convince town to lynch me tomorrow if mafia is dumb enough to let me live. For now we have confirmed that bullish was lying about his role. If you think I am bussing bullish that's fine idgaf, warren just voted so it is L-1 now. Let's please not have another 1k grind the last one hurt so bad.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
To clarify the above, the sequence of events was as follows:

1) Speed confirms BG would hypothetically die in supas place if singu died and BG protected supa

So if Mafia targeted singularity and bullish protected supa, singularity and bullish would have died? Is that what you are saying? If so what led you to this conclusion?

2) bullish says "I did protect speed". Says nothing about being role blocked.

you mean supa

3) Bullish notices the above and says "Oh in that case I guess I was role blocked".
4) Siranon asks if notifications are given to those that are roleblocked. Speed says yes.
Yeah I get all this, but I need to understand the point 1 for me to fully say this is a scum slip, because I read the same posts from speed as you guys did but may be mis-understanding how singularity couldn't have been targeted instead which would make it so bullish could still be town.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Okay that is fine you can try to convince town to lynch me tomorrow if mafia is dumb enough to let me live. For now we have confirmed that bullish was lying about his role. If you think I am bussing bullish that's fine idgaf, warren just voted so it is L-1 now. Let's please not have another 1k grind the last one hurt so bad.
You seemed all for the long day phases yesterday, could have tried ending it when I outed GP as scum, but you were encouraging town to milk the rest of the time and we were already about 300+ posts in

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
According to what Speed said, it wouldn't matter whether Singularity was NKed or bombed. The only possible conclusion is that Bullish is lying. He claims to have been RB'ed, but the fact that he didn't know it when he started posting and claimed he had guarded Supa is proof that he did not guard Supa and is therefore a confirmed liar.

But if mafia targeted singularity what would have happened? What post from speed made you guys all think that this would have resulted in a bullish dead? 
Lunatic
Lunatic
There's a 50% chance mafia targeted singularity, in which case he bullish still could be town.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
I’ll try to find it but speed essentially said that’s how it’d work
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Post 80
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
yeah I already found it. Gotcha. Thanks

vtl bullish.

Still skeptical of DD.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
You seemed all for the long day phases yesterday, could have tried ending it when I outed GP as scum, but you were encouraging town to milk the rest of the time and we were already about 300+ posts in

As I explained to bullish yesterday after he said something similar my personal philosophical view is that DPs should not be too long or too short. I define too short as not giving all or at least most players a chance to post after a significant event (your fake claim qualified as significant) and too long as anything that drags on after a decently-reasoned lynch wagon has started.

If you want to argue that is a poor philosophy then we should do so in another thread. If you want to argue that I have not been consistent with that philosophy then I advise argue it to others, not to me. I already know my alignment.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
That's the hammer, is it not?

Unofficial Vote Count

SirAnonymous drafterman
Bullish Ragnar, SirAnonymous, Discipulus_Didicit, warren, Lunatic
Discipulus_Didicit oromagi, Bullish

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->