Captain America: Civil War Mafia - DP3,

Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 216
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
btw if I was mod here I would refuse to answer both of these questions, but I am not gonna stop speed from giving more information if he's willing, especially given he has been pretty good with answering questions in the past couple day phases.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
Maybe you aren't lying though. I just find the mechanics of your role a bit strange, considering the game that just barely happened. Speed being new to modding, seems weird he would switch mechanics up like that when he literally just saw how that role functioned in a different game

Idgaf what you find strange. If you want to scum read me for behavior that's cool but if you are going to imply that I am so bad at playing scum that I would fake claim a role I never even heard of without taking my own advice in post 142 of last DP then that is quite frankly insulting.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
VTL Discipulus_Didcit
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Idgaf what you find strange. If you want to scum read me for behavior that's cool but if you are going to imply that I am so bad at playing scum that I would fake claim a role I never even heard of without taking my own advice in post 142 of last DP then that is quite frankly insulting.
I did scum read you for behavior already, it's why I was expecting this role confirmation you've been waving around for two day phases to be something believable. Take it as an insult if you want, my suspicion on you isn't based on decision I think a stupid scum would make, just a panicked potentially rushed decision. Or maybe a decision they thought was ground breaking and confirmable that others just don't see. It's not implying you are stupid or bad, but everyone views the world through a different lens. The case against you is as WIFOM as the defense against it, ultimately it's gonna depend on whether or not other people find this claim and your behavior suspicious anyway.

I don't want to tunnel vision here either, but I can't help but feel scum vibes from you the same way I did pie, and I was right on that gut read. We will see what others think.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I did scum read you for behavior already, it's why I was expecting this role confirmation you've been waving around for two day phases to be something believable. Take it as an insult if you want, my suspicion on you isn't based on decision I think a stupid scum would make, just a panicked potentially rushed decision. Or maybe a decision they thought was ground breaking and confirmable that others just don't see. It's not implying you are stupid or bad, but everyone views the world through a different lens. The case against you is as WIFOM as the defense against it, ultimately it's gonna depend on whether or not other people find this claim and your behavior suspicious anyway.

I don't want to tunnel vision here either, but I can't help but feel scum vibes from you the same way I did pie, and I was right on that gut read. We will see what others think.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
That was a short NP. Now it's MYLO. It's SoP to to vtnl here. I wondering if we could lynch Lunatic instead of vtnl'ing. It would have the same effect, since he isn't town.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I'm wondering, not I wondering.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The latter
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Derp. Supa changed the mechanics in his game

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Do you change the mechanics of a role ever based on how you think a role should work, or do all roles you have in the game function based on your understanding of them working normally?
How I understand them to work.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
 a panicked potentially rushed decision.

Any rushed decision is a stupid decision if you are scum. Any scum that doesn't have every reasonable contingency planned out at least one DP ahead is not doing their job.

You and I need to be scum together some time.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@SirAnonymous
VTNL would put us at 2-1-3. We are in LyLo I think.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Not if we lynch Lunatic. Then it's 3v2 next DP.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
That was a short NP. Now it's MYLO. It's SoP to to vtnl here. I wondering if we could lynch Lunatic instead of vtnl'ing. It would have the same effect, since he isn't town.
It's not MYLO. why do you think it is?

7 players left, 2 scum, 4 town 1 third party (count me in as town numbers for the sake of simplification since mafia have to consider to kill or mislynch me too to have majority)

DP3:

5 v 2

ML, nk (lynching me also counts the same as mislynching as far as hurting town numbers)

DP2:

3v 2

Now we are at mylo and VTNLing here makes sense. (Lynching me here also means town lose).

I am confirmed 3rd party, and basically count towards town numbers. Lynching me is a net loss for town. I don't even care if I die, since I've already lost. You think you can get me lynched, by all means. I am just pointing this out to prove that scum benefit more from my lynch, since there is no way I would know how to ally with them except for potentialy in LYLO situation where scum fessed up and begged me to join them in which case they would have to hope I would comply with them over town. I wouldn't do this, but also mafia would have to desperately hope I would want to to win anyway.

I am point this out to say that lynching confirmed third party does not benefit town from a logical perspective. You are either innocently overlooking this fact, or your intention is to essentially mislynch and hurt the town  by bringing them to LYLO next phase.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Speedrace
Would 2 mafioso 1 TP 3 town be considered game over if TP can't joint win? I honestly don't even know how I would work that if I was mod.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Derp. Supa changed the mechanics in his game
epicmafia.com/role/55328

the role here doesn't indicate the results are sent to the actual player. Have you played this role on epic mafia and confirmed this is how it functions? Drafter actually probably knows the answer to this best.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Do you balance third party as town numbers like most mods do? what happens in a 2 mafia 2 town 1 3rd party scenario? Does mafia win, or is this MYLO?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
You don't count as town. I asked Speed. If there's the same number of mafia players as there are town players, then mafia wins. So if we mislynch today, it's 2v2v1 and mafia wins.
Speedrace
Speedrace
Would 2 mafioso 1 TP 3 town be considered game over if TP can't joint win? I honestly don't even know how I would work that if I was mod.
That would be LYLO
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Above
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
Then you are lying. Literally right after you made this post, speed confirmed that 2 maf, 2 town 1 third equals LYLO meaning I count as town numbers.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Do you balance third party as town numbers like most mods do? what happens in a 2 mafia 2 town 1 3rd party scenario? Does mafia win, or is this MYLO?
That would be a Mafia win (side note, if I did count TP as town though, that would be LYLO, not MYLO

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
2-1-2 is loss for town then.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Above
DD's question was different than mine though didn't he?. He asked about 3-2-1, not 2-2-1

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
Then you are lying. Literally right after you made this post, speed confirmed that 2 maf, 2 town 1 third equals LYLO meaning I count as town numbers.

Check again. Speed said 2-1-3 is Lylo, not 2-1-2.

Lunatic
Lunatic
ah nvm
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Lunatic
DD's question was different than mine though didn't he?

That is why we got different answers, yes.
Speedrace
Speedrace
Lol read peeps
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
The RAW function of the comedian, that I have adapted from EM, is that it gives results to another player. This is balancing feature as if you give results to scum, they can lie about what they received.

Supa changed it for his game.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Regardless, I don't see how lynching me provides any benefit, unless you think I somehow stand to gain from trying to side with mafia even if it essentially is a VTNL.