Who was the god......

Author: Stephen

Total: 61
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
and we have documents to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching,

Lets see those ancient documents and let us see where the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone.

It's simple.

You may be right. You can show us how simple all of this is when you have let me see those ancient documents you claim to have in your possession  and let us see where the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
You may be right.
He is right.

You can show us how simple all of this is when you have let me see those ancient documents you claim to have in your possession
He did not say he had them in his possession. Why lie?

...and let us see where the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone.
No Christian has claimed Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone.

What Christians claim is that Jesus is one of the three persons making up the Godhead.

The bible says so too. In several places, using the actual word God in referring to Jesus. Would you like to be educated?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Right at the beginning of Genesis you see that God speaks things into existence and His spirit hovers over the waters.

God is One with His Word and Spirit.

If this wasn't the case, God would not be present in creation. If God wasn't present in creation, creation would not exist.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

ethang5,

No, no, no, you are not understanding simple reading comprehension again, therefore again, when you stated the following then ALL, and I repeat, ALL of my claims relative to your statement below are correct in post #24!!! HELLO?

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE THAT YOU ARE NOW RUNNING AWAY FROM REGARDING MY POST #24: Answer - Each person in the Godhead is in Himself fully God. In each person dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily. God cannot be reduced or broken apart. God is not 1+1+1=3, or ⅓+⅓+⅓=1, but rather, God is 1x1x1=1 (Col 2:9)

Now, if you can't address the outcome and ramifications that I provided you in my post #24 because of your statement above, then just admit it! It is that simple, get it? Jesus won't mind you running away again, remember?

If need be, I will repost the logical conclusion for you in my post #24 once again regarding your quote above, okay?

Now, to try and save face again, try again because the membership is watching you at this time flail around like a fish out of water on the topic of the Trinity Doctrine and the ramifications thereof!  

BEGIN.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Do you even know what you're saying?

I don't think you do.

What you call "ramifications" is just more deluded silliness.

Stop contradicting yourself. You have a learning disability. It's really not that big a deal. Read slowly. Calm down.

If you say Jesus is a different person than the Father, then Jesus cannot be the Father. Think Dee Dee.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
 You seem to be having trouble seeing this below concerning your own proclamation, Mopac. Do you need it emboldened and underlined as I have to do continuously for  Popoff5? 

and we have documents to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching,

Lets see those ancient documents and let us see where the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone.

It's simple.

You may be right. You can show us how simple all of this is when you have let me see those ancient documents you claim to have in your possession  and let us see where the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
...you claim to have in your possession  
Please stop lying. Mopac did not say he had them in his possession.

You've been told that is a lie. Repeating it means you are deliberately lying.

Why do you need to lie?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

Please stop lying. Mopac did not say he had them in his possession.

There is no  lie there princess.  This is Mopac's post clearly saying they have these documents. You are trying far too hard to find fault so have to invent lies about others allegedly lying. This simply shows how  spent and desperate you are, not to mention how far beyond a fkn joke you also are..

Added: 02.03.20 02:15PM Post 20 above
That isn't true, and we have documents to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching, that Jesus was considered divine even pre-nicea.

You don't understand The Trinity, and neither does the west because the filoque that the Latins added to the creed perverted the doctrine into something unrecognizable.

The problem here Stephen is that you are one of those pseudognostic types who rejects the divinity of Jesus and thus the incarnation. So integral is the incarnation to the doctrine of salvation that it is inseparable from enlightened Christianity. A Christianity that rejects the divinity of Jesus is no longer Christian.

There is nothing difficult about the trinity if you understand incarnational theology. It's simple. God's Word and Breathe share in His divinity. To deny this is to deny God's presence in the world.

When someone tells me they have something, it means they have it. 

OR ARE YOU CALLING MOPAC A LIAR NOW!!!!?
ethang5
ethang5
There is no  lie there princess.
Sure there is. You changed what Mopac said.

This is Mopac's post clearly saying they have these documents.
Mopac said "we" referring to his church. He did not say "he". You are lying.

Mopac said...
"we have documents...." Referring to his church. If he had them in his possession, he would have said, "I have the documents ". You sir, are a liar.

He said "we" genius. We being his church.

I'm calling you a liar, and posting your lie for all to see.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
The prophets very consistently called the Israelites to worship God in Spirit and in Truth.

The thing is, you ask amiss because you don't understand The Trinity to begin with. But from the beginning, The Trinity has been a doctrine of the apostolic Church. Without The Trinity, God is not with us. The fact that there is reality to experience at all is proof not only of an underlying Ultimate Reality that is the ground and source of all existence, but that this Ultimate Reality is present, filling all things, and is nearer than the breathe we take.

God is One with what He does. To say otherwise is to create this duality between God and creation that denies what unifies all of it.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Stephen
God the father and God the holy spirit.

The universe is a trinity of trinities, it is comprised of "time, space and matter" each of which is a trinity itself 'past, present and future,height,width and depth,liquid,solid and gas, which are three different aspects of, but inseparable to the same thing, so it would be no surprise that God would be triune as well  

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
He said "we" genius. We being his church.

Indeed, that would be the collective "we". and I am 100% sure that this is what Mopac meant . He can always correct me if I am wrong , He needs no assistance from an theological imbecile such as yourself.

I'm calling you a liar, and posting your lie for all to see.

I didn't lie at all. I agree, it is they collective we. whats the matter with you. And Mopac says that the collective "we" have these documents. Your pissing in the wind for the sake of argument AGAIN.

Added: 02.03.20 02:15PM Post 20 above
That isn't true, and we have documents to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching, that Jesus was considered divine even pre-nicea.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
The prophets very consistently called the Israelites to worship God in Spirit and in Truth.

So where are these documents that YOU,  as part of the fkn collective "we"  have in your possession  "to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching, that Jesus was considered divine even pre-nicea".

I am still waiting!!!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
You don't have to look any further than the New Testament.

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power."

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
"we  have documents   "to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching, that Jesus was considered divine even pre-nicea".
Lets see those ancient documents and let us see where the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone.

So after all your bullshite, you don't have any fkn documents at all : 

""to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching, that Jesus was considered divine even pre-nicea".DO YOU!!!!!

YOUR A FKN BARE FACED LIAR!!!!!!! who does his church, congregation, his book and his god and his collective WE a very big disservice, You should hide your lying face in shame, Mopac

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Why are you so passionate? Do you not have any self control?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Naturally, if God is The Ultimate Reality, His Word is Truth, and His Spirit is Truth....

God is One with His Word and Spirit. 3 hypostases, 1 Ousia.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen

The 7th Bishop of Antioch, Saint Theophilus of Antioch, who was bishop from 169 to 183 AD, before Nicea wrote...

"And these contain the pattern and type of a great mystery. For the sun is a type of God, and the moon of man. And as the sun far surpasses the moon in power and glory, so far does God surpass man. And as the sun remains ever full, never becoming less, so does God always abide perfect, being full of all power, and understanding, and wisdom, and immortality, and all good. But the moon wanes monthly, and in a manner dies, being a type of man; then it is born again, and is crescent, for a pattern of the future resurrection. In like manner also the three days which were before the luminaries, are types of the Trinity, of God, and His Word, and His wisdom. And the fourth is the type of man, who needs light, that so there may be God, the Word, wisdom, man."

A contemporary of Saint Theophilus, living on the opposite side of the Roman Empire, Saint Irenaeus of Lyons wrote...

“By the word of the Lord were the heavens established, and by his spirit all their power." Since then the Word establishes, that is to say, gives body and grants the reality of being, and the Spirit gives order and form to the diversity of the powers; rightly and fittingly is the Word called the Son, and the Spirit the Wisdom of God."

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
So where are these documents that YOU,  as part of the fkn collective "we"  have in your possession...
Thank you for correcting your lie.

..."to prove that The Trinity
Mopac said nothing about "proving" the trinity. He said he had documents to prove that the church believed the trinity before nicea. Read more slowly, Cletus.
Mopac
Mopac
The idea that the church was taken over and corrupted after Nicea is a myth. 

The Incarnation and The Trinity can not be seperated from eachother, and neither can be seperated from the gospel of salvation.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Why are you so passionate? Do you not have any self control?

I have plenty of self control, you have none when it comes to moral principles and integrity. 

Why do you have to make such  statements that you know are not true and cannot be upheld with factual evidence

"we  have documents   "to prove that The Trinity has always been a part of church teaching, that Jesus was considered divine even pre-nicea".

Let us all see the documents the YOU, as part of the collective "we" have in your collective we possession. OR simply admit that this was  a falsehood. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen

Let us all see the documents the YOU, as part of the collective "we" have in your collective we possession.

So after all your bullshite, you don't have any fkn documents at all

He just told you! Are you daft?

Not only did he offer the NT, he offered writings of a church father, and you stupidly pretend they don't exist.

The books of the NT are ancient documents, and they do validate the doctrine of the trinity. Learn to read homer.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Post 48, 2 pre-Nicea contemporaries on opposite sides of the Roman Empire.
Stephen
Stephen
Post 48, 2 pre-Nicea contemporaries on opposite sides of the Roman Empire.

This goes nowhere to proving that the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone. As I asked at post 31 above.

You have eventually come up with nonsense from The 7th Bishop of Antioch but not after referring me to the New Testament as your ancient document. 

This is what I asked you originally: 

You have proven nothing. And you and the collective "we" don't  have in your possession any such "ancient documentation" at all.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
..but not after referring me to the New Testament as your ancient document. 
The NT is several ancient documents compiled into one.

What do you think the NT is?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
..but not after referring me to the New Testament as your ancient document. 
The NT is several ancient documents compiled into one.

What do you think the NT is?

I believe it to be A COLLECTION OF ambiguous Ancient scripture, FFS!  but you need to keep up. The New Testament does not go nowhere to proving that the Jews proclaim Jesus was god in three persons and one god alone. As I asked at post 31 above. <<<<<<<<<THAT IS MY QUESTION .

IF YOU GOING TO BUTT IN ON OTHER PEOPLES CONVERSATIONS AT LEAST READ THE WHOLE CONTENT OF THE FKN THREAD. !!!!!!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I read the whole thread jasper. The NT was written by Jews and it does affirm the trinity.

You are ignorant of what's in the NT.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
The NT was written by Jews and it does affirm the trinity.

You're trying to fudge the question , sunshine. Nowhere in those scriptures do the Jews proclaim that Jesus is god in three persons and one god alone. You and Mopac are both fkn liars.

Mopac has simply lied again about having documented evidence as all you  fkn Christians do when caught on the back foot.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
You're trying to fudge the question , sunshine.
Ethan never fudges homer. I know the bible, so I Dont have to behave like you.

Nowhere in those scriptures do the Jews proclaim that Jesus is god in three persons and one god alone.
It does so in several places Judas, you are just ignorant on the subject.

You and Mopac are both fkn liars.
And you are way too ignorant of the bible to pontificate on it.

Mopac has simply lied again about having documented evidence as all you  fkn Christians do when caught on the back foot.
The NT is ample evidence Hosea. Your ignorance doesn't change that.

Would you like me to give you some verses to educate you? I will if you ask and promise to read them slowly.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
Is it just me or has Stephen been getting angrier as of late?