Narcos Mafia DP1

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 544
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5

Bienvenidos a Colombia. You all know the basic rules. No copy pasting from PMs, no editing posts, no talking about the game outside this DP, so on and so forth. For voting, once a lynch threshold is reached, the DP ends, none of the everyone has to be voting bs. There are 3 mafia and 9 town members. This is a thematic game so there is a theme linking all the mafia together. Roles have been taken from Drafterman’s list and/or MafiaScum. I won’t talk about any sort of roles in the DP and I will only answer questions about your role and it’s mechanics in your PM. Good Luck!

Living Players

1. Drafterman 
2. Lunatic 
3. Speed 
4. DD
5. Supa 
6. Zaradi 
7. Greyparrot 
8. Virtuoso 
9. WaterPhoenix 
10. Bullish 
11. Oromagi 
12. Singularity 

With 12 players, it takes 7 people to lynch. You have 72 hours. DP will end Wednesday February 5th, 2020 at 1PM CST
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@drafterman
@Vader
@Discipulus_Didicit
@Speedrace
Let the drug war begin

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
@David
@Bullish
@WaterPhoenix
@Zaradi
Start getting high
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
@Singularity
Aye amigo, donde está la coca

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
I love this theme so much

Lunatic
Lunatic
I am going to SOP claim Miller. My character is Maria Salazar. My PM was in spanish, and my role justification is basically that my husband is a Columbia drug lord which paints me as suspicious. 

Was thinking of some galaxy brained town gambits to draw the night kill by hinting at a power role, but I am caving because I can see it backfiring. I'll leave the town gambits to speed, since he's the one who's good at them lol. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
How do we want to do this? What are peoples thoughts on these mass claims we've been doing lately? I noticed in my game the mass claim pretty much made the janitor role obsolete, which is definitely a plus of mass claims. Narcos, despite being an amazing show, is one I feel like the mafia are going to really have to try and do research on to figure out what characters would equal what role, so that is a benefit too. I'd say if we do it, the only characters that would have to be wary of it would be Javier Pena and Steve Murphy, as the first season kind of focuses around them being the good guys, so it would be obvious they are power roles. So if we do a mass claim, we would just have to acknowledge those claims could hurt us. 

But as DD says, lynches win games, not roles. So I am up for whatever. But if we do a claim, we absolutely HAVE to popcorn. I already claimed, so I will start it if at least 4 people agree to it.
Lunatic
Lunatic
With 3 mafia looks like we will be afforded 3 mislynches lynches, assuming no succesful protection.
Lunatic
Lunatic
So I watched this show like 3 years ago, so my memory is a bit faint. But I will be re-watching it since it's a good series, and it will help me look at people's potential fake claims closely. But right off the bat, I do remember that alot of the columbian politicians and police were actually paid off by pablo escobar, so unless the cop is actually one of the united states characters, I'd say chances are they could be flavored. Who knows. 

I'm not sure what the thematical difference would be either. I'd assume if Pablo Escobar is the bad guy, and this is a typical good guy vs bad guy theme, then Blackie, Poison, and Popeye are good guesses as far as what mafia characters could be. Cali cartel could also be scum. They seem more third party to the main narrative, and dont have a huge role in the show til the end of season 2. Apparently pie says season 3 focuses on them much more but I haven't seen that season. 

I don't even recognize my character from the main show, but from my research looks like she isn't in til season 3, the one I haven't watched, and apparently her husband is with another cartel called north valley cartel. Given I am miller and the wife, I can deduce maybe there is scum in the north valley cartel. I really need to watch season 3.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Thank you Pie for making me use my brain to decipher what my role is. I am really looking forward to using my brain today
Vader
Vader
Also won't be active

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Thank you Pie for making me use my brain to decipher what my role is. I am really looking forward to using my brain today
<br>
De nada pendejo
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Cabron
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Cabron

Puta
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
I can't read my PM but I assume I'm town cause I'm the only one in my PM. There's also a word that looks like the English word "dispute" and it immediately precedes the name "Pablo Escobar" so I'm assuming I'm a good guy in-theme.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Bullish
Google Translate it
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot

I am called Poison.

I am a Mailman.

Every night I can send a message to a person.

I Win with the People.

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ILikePie5
lol, i spent 5 mins deciphering that role pm. my spanish sucks
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Cabron

Btw Cabron is more common to Mexico and Central America, not Colombia
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
grey's claim seems legit, he probably google translated the pm cause i also google translated my pm to make sure i got it right and pueblo means people.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Lunatic
I'm down for popcorn claiming, according to you it works.
Vader
Vader

Grey is town because of google translate
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Vader
Yep.
Lunatic
Lunatic
If grey is town then this isn't "good guys vs bad guys" because poison is one bad dude. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Anyone have objections to mass popcorn claiming? Grey already claimed one of the worst bad guys lol.

Popcorn supadudz
Anyone else who claims outside of the popcorn in voting to lynch. There is no excuse for it now. Grey I'll give a pass because we learned its a scum tell when he doesn't.

Lunatic
Lunatic
I'm*
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I am like 95% sure that I win with town.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Sure let's mass claim characters. I know nothing about the theme. Let me go try to figure out what my character and role is, brb.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Oh fuck just translated my role... Okay I know I am going out of order on the popcorn and I know why that is usually a bad thing but the town needs this info ASAP.

I am Javier Peña and I am... a Miller
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
So we might have multiple millers or TUF might be scum (claiming miller early on is as likely to come from town as scum). I am going to work now so no time to speculate further on this. Looking forward to the lynch mob pounding on my door when I return...