Author: Dynasty

Total: 42
Dynasty
Debates: 11
Dynasty
-->
@ludofl3x
How does that make them compatible?

As I said based on the scholarship. Also, I suggest you read this book. https://www.amazon.com.au/Lost-World-Adam-Eve-Genesis/dp/0830824618
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@Dynasty
You say scholarship, but you seem to ignore for every one of the books that say it happened like it says in the bible, there are 50 that say the bible's wrong. For every scholar that says creationism is correct, there are 100 scientists with peer reviewd research that demonstrates otherwise. Saying "Scholarship" in your context really just means the limited number of scholars that you already agree with. 
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dynasty
I'm sticking what the scholarship says thank you. And, I suggest you watch this playlist about Genesis. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TUeQHe-lZZF2DTxDHA_LFxi

While you are sticking what "the scholarship says" (it's obvious you missed out on one) you can stick the You Tube videos about Genesis in the same place.
Dynasty
Debates: 11
Dynasty
-->
@Salixes
Now, try another one. This time, at least try not to be so dishonest.
I'm not dishonest tho.

12 days later

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Dynasty
If taken literally and at face value they do not appear to match in any meaningful way. If however you mean that they are metaphorically about evolution I would ask you to provide rigorous standards for how to interpret the book accompanied by a demonstration of why every other interpretation (particularly those of young earth creationists who claim they are incompatible) is necessarily incorrect.

Seth
Seth
I see no mention of a talking snake in evolution.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Dynasty
Let's start simply. Evolution happens at the cellular level. Is there anywhere in the bible that refers to cells? A "no" answer doesn't necessarily mean they're incompatible, it just means we'd have to figure out how they might be. And you keep saying "the scholarship' as if there aren't entire branches of science devoted to evolution. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Seth
This is because snakes evolved not to talk anymore, duh. Just like donkeys. 
Seth
Seth
-->
@ludofl3x
DAMN YOU evolution.
Seth
Seth
-->
@Dynasty
Is the GoE report in Genesis accurate?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I see no mention of a talking snake in evolution.
Evolution missed all the talking animals on YouTube too.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Dynasty
That is the appeal to authority fallacy, just because someone has a series of letters after their name doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are talking about.