Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 65
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
-->
@Tradesecret

Thanks for that extremely revealing piece of proof for the existence of God.

I shall set to and disprove it........

......just as soon as you explain what it is in the article that constitutes proof in the first place so that I can at least attempt to disprove such proof.
Salixes
Salixes
When we come together to discuss the subject at hand we are left with arguing our own interpretations and common sense logic. You'll never be able to make any step beyond that fact, you can try but it's nonsensical since all our ideas about creation or the universe are personal observations. 

Thank you for your highly illuminating synopsis on interpreting the interpretation of interpretational interpretations.

Perhaps you may like to submit some interpreted proof for me to interpret, disprove, then reinterpret it for you. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
You can't disprove God, because as I ssid, it would undermine your argument.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac

You can't disprove God, because as I ssid, it would undermine your argument.

Wrong. You said:
You can't appeal to truth to disprove The Truth. You would undermine your own argument.
Nevertheless, you are probably right since there are many different interpretations as to what constitutes the truth.

Now that we have that issue out of the way, do you have any proof for me to disprove?

Oh, and in your case, I think it only fair to stipulate that your proof does not contain the words "ultimate", "reality" or "truth".
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
The Ultimate Reality IS God. That is what God means.

You are arguing from a place of ignorance. If you need proof that God exists, it's because you either don't know what God means or you are an idiot.

Let's assume you aren't an idiot. We can agree on that, right? Reality as it Truly Is. That is what God means. If you say reality as it truly is doesn't exist, you are an idiot.

That is all there is to it.

Mopac
Mopac
There is no argument that stands against The One True God.

Anyone who denies The One True God and understands what they are saying is a fool.

To deny The One True God is to profess nihilism.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
To deny The One True God is to profess nihilism.
And what would you call anyone who denies you?

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
You have not addressed this.

You make the offer to prove a negative (which you have elsewhere said can't be done)
Do you now believe it can be done?

You said your statement was rhetorical, if it was, why are you still waiting for people to offer "proof"? Were you mistaken on the nature of your statement?

What else do you need to disprove God? We are waiting.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
I am a man, nothing important.

I must become less so that God becomes more. Take me out of the way. I can not save you. I can not enlighten you. I am not important.

I am just a messenger, making straight the path for The Lord.

God is The Lord. Turn to Him. A little while, I will no longer be here. God will always be, just as God always was, always Is. The Eternally Existing One. The Supreme and Ultimate Reality.

The Way has been established. Worship God in Spirit and in Truth.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Salixes

Nice one.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Debunk the following

1.Ontological argument
2.Cosmological argument
3.Moral Argument
4.Telelogical argument

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
To me, the question was rhetorical.

But to anyone who does believe in God, surely the (subject of) the question is viable and verifiable.

In which case, isn't it rather peculiar that we are up to 42 posts and not one piece of proof has been submitted for me to disprove?

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Debunk the following

1.Ontological argument
2.Cosmological argument
3.Moral Argument
4.Telelogical argument
Thanks for your reply. It is certainly refreshing to see someone to actually come out and "lay it down". So, taking each "proof" in order:

1) The ontological argument, which first came about in the eleventh takes into account that the mind can create its own reality. Therefore, if the mind can conceive God, the reality proves the existence of God. The problem with this sort of reasoning is that it is mostly unconditional and unchecked and gives rise to anyone to state the existence of anything that the mind can conjure up. Nowadays, this sort of reasoning has crossed from the realm of philosophy into psychiatry and the condition is most commonly known as delusion.

2) The cosmological argument is the converse of the ontological argument in that it is contingent upon conditional factors such as "cause" or "prime mover". 
The entire argument is let down by the erroneous ultimate assumption that the conclusion to such conditions is "God".
If the universe in all its complexity had to be created by an all-powerful and vastly more complex entity called God then we have to accept that God could not have come from nowhere. Therefore an even greater power would have to have created God, and so we go further down the line to an absurd infinity of causation.
Nevertheless, the entire cosmological argument takes one down the lazy man's explanation: what we don't know, let's call God.

3) The Moral Argument: This is another argument that relies on a huge number of inter-related, inter-related philosophical principals in order to give it some sort of kudos. The crux of the argument that theologians are very keen to promote is that morals come from God and without God we will have no morals. This is another horse before the cart reasoning and nowadays, through reason and practicality, we put the kibosh on such an arrogant assumption. Morals come from society and cultural views. Many of the morals we have today are completely at odds with those claimed to have come from the Biblical or Quran Gods for example.

4) The Telelogical Argument is attempting to marry the moral argument with solid physiology and comes horribly undone before reaching first base. Creationists love to bring out the good ole guilt trip anecdotes of Boeing 747s miraculously flying together in a dust storm or a watch being found in the sand. We have more than enough real-time evidence and reason to know that complexity is a result of randomness combined with (an awful lot of) time. In fact, created objects (such as a watch) are the result of deliberately utilizing the bare minimum of functions in order to perform a task. The human body is extremely complex, convoluted and has not the slightest bit of evidence that there was any design that went into it.
Rephrasing what I said in 2): If life is complex and had to be designed, the creator would have to be just as if not more complex. Therefore that creator would have to have been designed.

It is no more than organisms adapting haphazardly to their environment. Which brings us to order. The shape, size, and positioning of bodies in the universe are no more than the result of the law of nature. If we had cube-shaped or pyramid-shaped planets that defy the laws of nature, I would be the first person to drop to my knees and start worshiping.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Salixes
1.That is not true, the key here is the Maximally Great Being factor, God is a maximally great being so he must exist in every world, this is why the 1970's version of the Ontological argument is better. 

For example, if you can imagine a great pen, does it have to exist?

Well the greatest pen is an all-powerful pen like God.

2.Yet God is not bound to universal laws such as the universe, it is supernatural, that is why God could come from anywhere or always be there, it is sorta like math,it always exists and it enforces the laws in physics.

So if God is everlasting, where did he come from?
The question is contradictory. God does not change, he does not move, and he didn’t come from somewhere (Hebrews 13:8). He always was, is, and is to come.
3.Yet How can we determine whether we disagree on something, how do we feel emotions, how do we recognize them and feel that they are bad, good or not, these morals and emotions are designed in our conscience which is clearly defined in the Bible, societies moral standards have always generally been the same meaning that they really arent subjective

Without a basic compass to look at things and analyze things, our world would be so much different

4.Yet how could these things just be cosmic coincidences, I will give you some evidence and you try to write it off as a coincedence

For example, animals inherit three methods of symmetry in nature. Mathematics explains three ways of symmetry too. It lines up. The Fibonacci Sequence, a mathematical concept, is seen in nature all over the place. The sequence can be translated into a spiral and reflects the spiral of sunflowers and even hurricanes. Then, the mathematical concept of fractals where the only way an infinite number can have a perimeter is seen all around nature. From tree and plant branches and leaves, our neuron systems in our brains, and even our coastlines, fractals are everywhere in nature like it’s a mathematical constant design of Earth. Last, Animals in nature are remarkably made to make mathematical shapes and symmetrical figures like spider cobwebs and animal hexagon bee hives.{LINK}

Next, one of the obvious complex designs we see in the universe is the fine-tuning of our solar system. The universe is designed in a way for us to live to make it hard to be a coincidence. For example, the ratio of electron to proton mass is 1:1836. If the number was any larger or smaller, molecules could not form and the universe would not exist. It is incredibly lucky that the mass of protons and electrons could form molecules in the universe. Or simply, God exists. In fact, almost everything we see in the universe points to the existence of God:

1. Carbon and oxygen nuclei have finely tuned energy levels.

2. Electromagnetic and gravitational forces are finely tuned, so the right kind of star can be stable.

3. Our sun is the right color. If it was redder or bluer, the photosynthetic response would be weaker.

4. Our sun is also the right mass. If it was larger, its brightness would change too quickly and there would be too much high energy radiation. If it was smaller, the range of planetary distances able to support life would be too narrow; the right distance would be so close to the star that tidal forces would disrupt the planet’s rotational period. UV radiation would also be inadequate for photosynthesis.

5. The earth’s distance from the sun is crucial for a stable water cycle. Too far away, and most water would freeze; too close and most water would boil.

6. The earth’s gravity, axial tilt, rotation period, magnetic field, crust thickness, oxygen/nitrogen ratio, carbon dioxide, water vapor, and ozone levels are just right.

Last, remarkably the sun is 400 times larger than the moon and 400 times farther away from the moon. So the moon and the sun appear almost the exact same in the sky of Earth. This is why solar and lunar eclipses exist. To conclude, the very precise measurements of what makes life compatible and what makes the universe exists are remarkably close, precise and consistent. Is this really a coincidence? No, there is no fundamental way to explain this, except that a supernatural being fine-tuned the universe.{LINK}

But yeah,  Just  a coincedence
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Salixes
isn't it rather peculiar that we are up to 42 posts and not one piece of proof has been submitted for me to disprove?

You are ignoring what is obvious. God is The Ultimate Reality.

That being the case, you have set yourself up for failure because not only can God not be disproven, but the mere act of even asking for evidence of God is a reflection of how far off the mark the asker must be to ask such a thing.
God's existence is a given. There is no reasonable doubt concerning God's existence.

ethang5
ethang5
You make the offer to prove a negative (which you have elsewhere said can't be done) Do you now believe it can be done?

You again dodged the question above.

You said your statement was rhetorical, if it was, why are you still waiting for people to offer "proof"? Were you mistaken on the nature of your statement?

Anyone with half a brain can see that I blatantly and sarcastically asked the rhetorical (yes, it was rhetorical)question for anyone to supply some proof.

To me, the question was rhetorical. But to anyone who does believe in God, surely the (subject of) the question is viable and verifiable.
Lol!! So the question was rhetorical only to you? Viable and Verifiable are not the opposites of rhetorical. Getteth thee to a dictionary.

In which case, isn't it rather peculiar that we are up to 42 posts and not one piece of proof has been submitted for me to disprove?
Its not peculiar at all that you cannot disprove God. You've admitted this many times, and smarter people than you have tried and failed.

And, you and I know why it is a rhetorical question, now don't we?
Yes. Because when caught in your contradiction that you could NOW prove a negative, you had to lie that the question was rhetorical. But again, when shown that no one had to offer any "proof" if your question was rhetorical, you lied again ridiculously saying the question was rhetorical to you, but not to Christians.

Because we both know that there is absolutely no proof to submit, don't we?
Lol. You can't disprove God. You admit you can't disprove God, but that's because there is no proof of God? Do you need proof to disprove God?

It must be so frustrating for you that millions continue to believe, cherish, and worship God. Sundays must stick in your craw. Lol.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
You make the offer to prove a negative (which you have elsewhere said can't be done) Do you now believe it can be done?
You again dodged the question above.

Yes, good questions.
As I understood it from my less halcyon college days a rhetorical question is designed to be a statement.
In other words, God doesn't exist and you have rat's hope in Hell of proving it.

As it happens Dr. Franklin has plucked up the courage and come to the party by actually submitting what he considers proof. Although I would have to say that he is still a bit shy of the mark by just saying, "debunk the following" and not actually saying: "This is proof, now disprove it".
But then I did think about it and thought that maybe he was talking rhetorically.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Let's take this on a post by point basis, shall we? I debunked the first argument as follows: 
1) The ontological argument, which first came about in the eleventh (century) takes into account that the mind can create its own reality. Therefore, if the mind can conceive God, the reality proves the existence of God. The problem with this sort of reasoning is that it is mostly unconditional and unchecked and gives rise to anyone to state the existence of anything that the mind can conjure up. Nowadays, this sort of reasoning has crossed from the realm of philosophy into psychiatry and the condition is most commonly known as delusion.
Your reply was:

1.That is not true, the key here is the Maximally Great Being factor, God is a maximally great being so he must exist in every world, this is why the 1970's version of the Ontological argument is better. 
For example, if you can imagine a great pen, does it have to exist?
Well the greatest pen is an all-powerful pen like God.

Again, that is old-world thinking and has no bearing on establishing the facts. It is a philosophy and is not proof because it only sets out to theorize that the same "biggest thought" will be the same "biggest thought" in another world. Also, using an analogy that latches onto something tangible (a pen) just doesn't make the cut, does it?

Debunked.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Now for the second point. I debunked the following argument thus:
2) The cosmological argument is the converse of the ontological argument in that it is contingent upon conditional factors such as "cause" or "prime mover". 
The entire argument is let down by the erroneous ultimate assumption that the conclusion to such conditions is "God".
If the universe in all its complexity had to be created by an all-powerful and vastly more complex entity called God then we have to accept that God could not have come from nowhere. Therefore an even greater power would have to have created God, and so we go further down the line to an absurd infinity of causation. 
Nevertheless, the entire cosmological argument takes one down the lazy man's explanation: what we don't know, let's call God.

Your reply was:
2.Yet God is not bound to universal laws such as the universe, it is supernatural, that is why God could come from anywhere or always be there, it is sorta like math,it always exists and it enforces the laws in physics.

So if God is everlasting, where did he come from?
The question is contradictory. God does not change, he does not move, and he didn’t come from somewhere (Hebrews 13:8). He always was, is, and is to come.
You are making a very vague and unqualified assumption, i.e., "God is not bound to universal laws".....,

However, you are using an unproven in order to prove another unproven, i.e., "it is supernatural". There is no such thing as supernatural.

Debunked.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dr.Franklin
And now, to point 3 where I debunked as follows:
3) The Moral Argument: This is another argument that relies on a huge number of inter-related philosophical principals in order to give it some sort of kudos. The crux of the argument that theologians are very keen to promote is that morals come from God and without God we will have no morals. This is another horse before the cart reasoning and nowadays, through reason and practicality, we put the kibosh on such an arrogant assumption. Morals come from society and cultural views. Many of the morals we have today are completely at odds with those claimed to have come from the Biblical or Quran Gods for example.
You said:
3.Yet How can we determine whether we disagree on something, how do we feel emotions, how do we recognize them and feel that they are bad, good or not, these morals and emotions are designed in our conscience which is clearly defined in the Bible, societies moral standards have always generally been the same meaning that they really arent subjective
Without a basic compass to look at things and analyze things, our world would be so much different
The world has changed dramatically since the barbaric uncivilized ways of over 2000 years ago. And so have morals. Just because something is stated in the Bible, it doesn't mean those things (standards for morals) originated in the Bible. In any case, many of the morals in the Bible are considered immoral today. For example, we think that it would be more than slightly immoral if a woman had her hand cut off simply because she grabbed the testicles of another man whilst fighting with her husband.

The zeitgeist of time and our changing living conditions and expectations set moral standards. Those who live by ancient, barbaric and uncivilized morals live in ancient barbaric and uncivilized societies.

Debunked, or rather, you only added to your ideas.
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dr.Franklin
And now, for the fourth and final point where I said:
4) The Telelogical Argument is attempting to marry the moral argument with solid physiology and comes horribly undone before reaching first base. Creationists love to bring out the good ole guilt trip anecdotes of Boeing 747s miraculously flying together in a dust storm or a watch being found in the sand. We have more than enough real-time evidence and reason to know that complexity is a result of randomness combined with (an awful lot of) time. In fact, created objects (such as a watch) are the result of deliberately utilizing the bare minimum of functions in order to perform a task. The human body is extremely complex, convoluted and has not the slightest bit of evidence that there was any design that went into it.
Rephrasing what I said in 2): If life is complex and had to be designed, the creator would have to be just as if not more complex. Therefore that creator would have to have been designed.

It is no more than organisms adapting haphazardly to their environment. Which brings us to order. The shape, size, and positioning of bodies in the universe are no more than the result of the law of nature. If we had cube-shaped or pyramid-shaped planets that defy the laws of nature, I would be the first person to drop to my knees and start worshiping.

And you replied:
4.Yet how could these things just be cosmic coincidences, I will give you some evidence and you try to write it off as a coincedence

For example, animals inherit three methods of symmetry in nature. Mathematics explains three ways of symmetry too. It lines up. The Fibonacci Sequence, a mathematical concept, is seen in nature all over the place. The sequence can be translated into a spiral and reflects the spiral of sunflowers and even hurricanes. Then, the mathematical concept of fractals where the only way an infinite number can have a perimeter is seen all around nature. From tree and plant branches and leaves, our neuron systems in our brains, and even our coastlines, fractals are everywhere in nature like it’s a mathematical constant design of Earth. Last, Animals in nature are remarkably made to make mathematical shapes and symmetrical figures like spider cobwebs and animal hexagon bee hives.{LINK}
Anyone can make patterns out of context. But so what, each one of the patterns you quote are subject to the laws of nature.

Next, one of the obvious complex designs we see in the universe is the fine-tuning of our solar system. The universe is designed in a way for us to live to make it hard to be a coincidence. For example, the ratio of electron to proton mass is 1:1836. If the number was any larger or smaller, molecules could not form and the universe would not exist. It is incredibly lucky that the mass of protons and electrons could form molecules in the universe. Or simply, God exists. In fact, almost everything we see in the universe points to the existence of God:

1. Carbon and oxygen nuclei have finely tuned energy levels.

2. Electromagnetic and gravitational forces are finely tuned, so the right kind of star can be stable.

3. Our sun is the right color. If it was redder or bluer, the photosynthetic response would be weaker.

4. Our sun is also the right mass. If it was larger, its brightness would change too quickly and there would be too much high energy radiation. If it was smaller, the range of planetary distances able to support life would be too narrow; the right distance would be so close to the star that tidal forces would disrupt the planet’s rotational period. UV radiation would also be inadequate for photosynthesis.

5. The earth’s distance from the sun is crucial for a stable water cycle. Too far away, and most water would freeze; too close and most water would boil.

6. The earth’s gravity, axial tilt, rotation period, magnetic field, crust thickness, oxygen/nitrogen ratio, carbon dioxide, water vapor, and ozone levels are just right.

Last, remarkably the sun is 400 times larger than the moon and 400 times farther away from the moon. So the moon and the sun appear almost the exact same in the sky of Earth. This is why solar and lunar eclipses exist. To conclude, the very precise measurements of what makes life compatible and what makes the universe exists are remarkably close, precise and consistent. Is this really a coincidence? No, there is no fundamental way to explain this, except that a supernatural being fine-tuned the universe.{LINK}

But yeah,  Just  a coincedence
Exactly right. A coincidence. And that set of factors gave rise to the conditions that were right for life.

Given that there are more than a trillion trillion solar systems in the universe, simple mathematics gives the permutations of solar systems that have the same (coinciding patterns) alignments and sizes of planets at ten billion.

You are trying to make a pattern and give it a reason instead of looking at the pattern and asking why.

Debunked.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Yes, good questions.
So good you dodged them again. Lol.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
oh my spam

There is no reason to continue with salixes

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dr.Franklin
oh my spam

There is no reason to continue with salixes

You mean, that you do not accept my answers 

Is that what you are trying to say?
Seth
Seth
-->
@Salixes
I heard that Lindt are making chocolate nails for Easter this year.
That gave me a chuckle.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Seth

I heard that Lindt are making chocolate nails for Easter this year.
That gave me a chuckle.
Apparently you can get a figurine of Jesus on the cross. It comes with three nails so you can mount it on the wall.

Then, of course, Christ staggers into the Jerusalem Hilton after a hard night on the wine, slaps a bag of nails on the counter and says, "Can you put me up for the night?"
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Salixes
What I am saying is that I am going to talk to you if you spam

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@Dr.Franklin
What I am saying is that I am going to talk to you if you spam
Well, that makes one heck of a lot of sense, doesn't it?

Not.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
I am prepared, right here and now to place my reputation on the line and disprove the existence of God.
My pledge is genuine and unequivocal: I am prepared to disprove the existence of God.
Tick, tock, tick, tock.....
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
Tick, tock, tick, tock.....

You can Dickory dock till the cows come home for all I care.

Unless of course, you place the misquote back into its context.