Posts in total: 82
  • Greyparrot
    Greyparrot avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 8,849
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot
    Judge: Ok, let's hear your testimony...
    Lawyer: What's the rush? We waited 33 years, we can wait 2 more years....
  • dylancatlow
    dylancatlow avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 94
    dylancatlow avatar
    dylancatlow
    I think it's pretty clear that Ford is receiving instructions from the DNC. The goal is to stop Kavanaugh or any other Republican from being nominated to the Supreme Court, and the plan seems to be:

1. Wait to drop the bombshell until after Kavanaugh has been selected as the nominee, and do it close enough to the midterm elections so that Trump won't have time to select another nominee. 
    2. Demand a lengthy FBI investigation with the hope of pushing back the vote until after midterms. If that doesn't work (and there's nothing to lose if it doesn't), then proceed to step 3. 
    3. Testify and hope it's enough to sway the undecided senators. 

• Greyparrot
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot
    Great analysis.
  • ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    Debates: 1
    Forum posts: 4,738
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    The Dems have another "victim" lined up if the GOP seems really to vote. Watch.
  • mustardness
    mustardness avatar
    Forum posts: 2,029
    mustardness avatar
    mustardness
    Sexual predator > sexual bias supreme court judge > Roe vs Wade overturned > immoral Trumpanzees get hard-on > ?
  • Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Debates: 4
    Forum posts: 7,758
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    They must think the FBI has psychic investigators or something. What could possibly be gained by investigating this?

• Swagnarok
    Swagnarok avatar
    Debates: 3
    Forum posts: 687
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok
    The deadline's either tonight (already passed) or sometime tomorrow. If by this time Kavanaugh's accuser does not decide to testify then in all likelihood the Senate is just gonna begin with the confirmation vote.
    It seems clear that a few "swing democrats" cannot be counted on this time, and in all likelihood you're gonna have a handful of "moderate" Republicans who're gonna break with their party. Given how slim the GOP's majority is, there is a very good chance that Kavanaugh's just not gonna make it.

Seeing as how Dems are already demanding an FBI investigation (which flat out isn't going to happen, unless they can get it done in one month's time), the GOP doesn't want to make it look like they're just rushing Kavanaugh's confirmation through, so I'm sure they're gonna give her some more time, while putting heavy emphasis on how patient they've been with her.
  • Swagnarok
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok
    It is actually possible for a psychiatrist to trick his/her patients into remembering things that didn't actually happen. Usually it happens by accident, but I imagine somebody skilled at their craft could do it on purpose.
  • Greyparrot
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot
    --> @Swagnarok
    All psychiatrists gaslight, they just think they do it for a good cause.
  • disgusted
    disgusted avatar
    Forum posts: 4,959
    disgusted avatar
    disgusted
    Why not elect a rapist as a judge, you elected a president who is.
  • disgusted
    disgusted avatar
    Forum posts: 4,959
    disgusted avatar
    disgusted
    --> @Mopac
    Surely there's enough of you lot that can help them out
  • Greyparrot
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot
    --> @Mopac
    Why even pretend at this point that evidence is needed to convict a rapist?
  • Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Forum posts: 7,758
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    Politics are really going to dirty in the future... what with kids being raisedd on the internet. They'll get you for something you said when you were 12.

Drunk high schoolers at a party? Excuse me if clumsily grabbing for some booty seems like something a high schooler would do.
    This really isnstupid. It was over 35 years ago.

• Swagnarok
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok
    That deadline is now 2:30 PM Saturday, presumably Washington time.
  • Swagnarok
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok
    BREAKING: She has agreed to testify. It will probably happen sometime next week.
  • Greyparrot
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot
    --> @Swagnarok
    Lol no it won't The lawyers have one goal in mind, delaying the vote. They won't agree to any terms. It was already predetermined that Ford would never have to testify.
  • ResurgetExFavilla
    ResurgetExFavilla avatar
    Forum posts: 556
    ResurgetExFavilla avatar
    ResurgetExFavilla
    --> @dylancatlow
    They also want to keep him from being able to take part in the upcoming fall session, so that the court will be more evenly split. The deadline for that is pretty soon.
  • Buddamoose
    Buddamoose avatar
    Forum posts: 3,178
    Buddamoose avatar
    Buddamoose
    --> @ethang5
    The Dems have another "victim" lined up if the GOP seems really to vote. Watch.

Just tonight someone else has come forward. Lol you nailed it 😂😂
  • ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    --> @Buddamoose
    Yeah, just heard.

But really, we're talking democrats. Who couldn't see this coming?

Are we to believe at least 3 separate FBI investigations missed this?

Now if history is any indicator, the GOP will fold like a deck of cards. How I hope that doesn't happen.
  • Buddamoose
    Buddamoose avatar
    Buddamoose avatar
    Buddamoose
    --> @ethang5
    Now if history is any indicator, the GOP will fold like a deck of cards. How I hope that doesn't happen

The last time this happened was Clarence Thomas and he got through 👍.  From what I've read they've agreed on conditions for testimony, She's going to be testifying Thursday. 

Two new accusations actually. One being that he exposed himself to a woman at a party in college. 

The other from Michael Avenatti, the attorney for Stormy Daniels, on Sunday alleging that he has knowledge that Kavanaugh and high school friend Mark Judge targeted women with drugs and alcohol in order to "allow a 'train' of men to subsequently gang rape them. He did not state the source of his evidence and did not name any alleged victims." 

Avenatti is even jumping in 😂S

Survey I saw somewhere had it at 28% men believe the allegations, 25% women believe them. But that was previous to the two new allegations. 

• Buddamoose
    Buddamoose avatar
    Buddamoose avatar
    Buddamoose
    --> @ethang5
    Are we to believe at least 3 separate FBI investigations missed this?

This point is crucial in highlighting how absurd the allegations from Avenatti(LOL)are. 
  • ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    --> @Buddamoose
    The last time this happened was Clarence Thomas and he got through 👍. 
    True, but Thomas was before the dredded "me too" movement. Now the copycats and attention whores will pile on.

From what I've read they've agreed on conditions for testimony, She's going to be testifying Thursday. 
    I hear that the Judge is supposed to testify first. How is that correct? Isn't the accuser supposed to state their case and then the accused defends? How can he defend against a claim that will be made after his "defence"?

My God, these people are souless hacks!
  • Buddamoose
    Buddamoose avatar
    Buddamoose avatar
    Buddamoose
    --> @ethang5
    I hear that the Judge is supposed to testify first. How is that correct? 

That was one of the absurd demands requested by Ford's attorneys. They conceded on that per CNN and kavanaugh will go second. 

• Swagnarok
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok avatar
    Swagnarok
    The only way to move forward is to grill his initial accuser. If the Senate is able to poke enough holes in her testimony that hers seems implausible, then they can safely dismiss the charges from other people. Otherwise, they ought to consider just picking somebody else and getting it done really, really fast.

Liberals should keep in mind that the fact that more people have emerged to accuse Kavanaugh does NOT increase the likelihood that he is guilty.
  • Buddamoose
    Buddamoose avatar
    Buddamoose avatar
    Buddamoose
    --> @Swagnarok
    Liberals should keep in mind that the fact that more people have emerged to accuse Kavanaugh does NOT increase the likelihood that he is guilty.

Well i mean, if it did then something appearing in the National Enquirer and the like would be a sure sign something is truth 😂