Topic's posts

Posts in total: 35
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 1,064
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc

...."A new KFF analysis finds that 80 percent of people who have died of COVID-19 in the U.S. to date were age 65 or older, though the share varies considerably by state — from a high of 94 percent in Idaho to a low of 70 percent in the District of Columbia.

...The analysis of data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides clear evidence of the toll that the novel coronavirus has taken on older Americans. It also provides a more detailed picture of where the impact on seniors has been the greatest.

.....The analysis finds that states that have seen the largest share of COVID-19 deaths among people 65 and older include those that have had a disproportionate number of deaths in long-term care facilities. These states include Idaho (with 94% of deaths among those 65 and older), New Hampshire (92%), Massachusetts (90%), Rhode Island (90%), Minnesota (89%), Connecticut (89%), Pennsylvania (87%), Ohio (86%), Kentucky (84%), and Delaware (83%).
    States in which deaths among those 65 and older account for a somewhat lower share of all COVID-19 deaths compared to the national average are in the South and Sun Belt.

.....Many of these states are hotspots where the virus has surged more recently and where deaths among older adults may be lagging, including Alabama (where 76% of COVID-19 deaths are among those 65 and older), Tennessee (76%), Nevada (75%), Arizona (74%), Mississippi (74%), Arkansas (71%), New Mexico (71%), and Texas (70%)."......

The rebel south may rise again, but  less of them will be over 65.... :--O.... Out with the old an in with the new, make new friends and loose the old, one silver and the other is dead. Sung to tune make new friends.
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    --> @3RU7AL

..."Wear a mask consistently and correctly
    “We need, as a nation, to show a degree of consistency of everybody” following public-health recommendations on wearing masks or other face coverings, said Dr. Fauci.
    “What we need is to get the message across that we are all in this together. And it’s important because one of the purposes of the masks is that if you may be inadvertently walking around not knowing you’re infected—to protect others from getting infected,” Dr. Fauci said. “We have to keep hammering home with that message.”
    Dr. Fauci said he’s “very pleased to see the president is wearing masks more often now,” and added that Vice President Mike Pence “wears masks when he goes out and is in situations where masks are needed.”
    The nation “needs more of that consistency,” he said. The goal, Dr. Fauci added later in the interview, should be “universal wearing of masks.”
    Learn from AMA President Susan R. Bailey, MD, about why it’s time to #MaskUp."...

• ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc

Here is nice balance on a theory with circumstantial and rational, logical common sense.  Wear the mask of for self and other to reduce the spread less deaths.

This is really good for all to read irrespective of our views.
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    ..."CDC chief says masks better at stopping coronavirus than a vaccine".....

• 3RU7AL
    3RU7AL avatar
    Debates: 1
    Forum posts: 5,435
    3RU7AL avatar
    3RU7AL
    --> @ebuc
    I'm still waiting for "actual real science" (instead of pure opinion) before I'm convinced that wearing a napkin over your face will do anything at all to stop THE PLAGUE!!!
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    --> @3RU7AL
    I'm still waiting for "actual real science" (instead of pure opinion) before I'm convinced that wearing a napkin over your face will do anything at all to stop THE PLAGUE!!!
    Meanwhile,  some wear their masks to lower any viral load that may be area of the mask and this in turn helps to,

1} mitigate the spread,

2} increase my chance of surviving because of a lesser dose.

In the video I think she says something like a billion viri can be on a pin head.  Of course viri range in size and most of us know 10, 20, 50 100 or so sizes of viri is not common, as well as they always only have RNA or DNA, and never both ero twiligth orginasims betwee alive and mineral, unti they get inside a cell. 

I bought Ester C 500mg and do once a day as well as a 500 rose hip C.  I have been doing D3 for several weeks or months, and I have 1000mg Ester C if I do get sick.

Also take minimal echinacea and have some elderberry pills just in case.   And any sign of nasal distress I have and will use the neti-pot again, and again.  Viri really love that deep nasal area.

No telling what it may do to my heart, but I have had both flu and shingles shots ergo, I'm covered most of my bases fairly well.  Oh, yeah I bought 8 pk of bottled water many months ago in case those rough days with fever appear. 20 years ago I  survived bad 3 days of high fever from flu. and I was by myself.

Asians of third world wear masks over the years, cause of smog, sulphur whatever but they are not unaccustomed to disease from animals.

The southwest US native indians have had their outbreaks from rodent poop spreading viri if not also bad bacteria that kills.

Well, I avoided stepping on 2.5 ft timber rattler neighbors driveway.  It was extended and my foot was about 12" away when I saw it. I caught it and put into 5gal bucket. Haul far away and let go.   A snake bite, and Sars-Co-V-2 at same time, might be too much of this old man.  :--) (--: Live long and prosper 3RU

• 3RU7AL
    3RU7AL avatar
    3RU7AL avatar
    3RU7AL
    --> @ebuc
    I'm not "against" wearing masks or accepting vaccines.

I'm only against making these prophylactics mandatory.
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    --> @3RU7AL
    I'm only against making these prophylactics mandatory.

At least till you see laboratory experiments that are science-based facts.

Yet you leave out,  any possible knowledge gained from the ongoing lab experiment all around us.  The more data that comes in, ---and appropriately documented-----, then,

the better we have been will be able to make deductions,

based on what we observe,

complemented by the spice of rational, logical common sense.

• 3RU7AL
    3RU7AL avatar
    3RU7AL avatar
    3RU7AL
    --> @ebuc
    Perhaps it's more fundamental than that.

Church services and other social gatherings can not be outlawed.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states. [LINK]
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    --> @3RU7AL
    The latter is more appropriate for your thread.  Blessing your way 3Ru and may the rational, logical common sense force be with you always.

Live long and prosper oh great and complex human that you are!