Did you know that concepts made popular in science fiction were first in the bible?
I won't post the passages unless asked, but here are a few of those concepts, found only in the Bible 2,000 years ago. Some have stopped being fiction, but I find it amazing that a book dismissed as the writings if illiterate goatherds could contain sophisticated concept that would take the world Years to discover.
1. Time travel - The bible has the concept within it that time is fluid and relative, and movement forwards or backwards in time is possible.
2. Teleportation - there are instances of instantaneous teleportation in the bible. Today, scientists are able to teleport elementary particles, but are working to get results with larger loads. But the concept was in the bible all along.
3. Water in the mantle of the Earth. A lot of it. So much that Scientists today are considering changing their theories about how the Earth got water. But 2,000 years ago, the concept was in the bible.
4. The concept of Genetics - The bible has stories of how genetics were used to get animals with desired characteristics more than 2,000 years ago.
5. Different Dimensions - Only the bible has this concept of "outside" the created universe, where not only is there no "time", but that instances there are not synchronous with time inside the universe.
My intent here is not to prove the bible true because it has these concepts, but to marvel that such advanced concepts are in the bible at all.
When science one day makes possible something we presently call a miracle, will we still doubt the miracle?
Even the concept of the attributes of God are unique to Christianity.
Omniscience - that God knows all that can be known is an advance concept, treated with much more nuance in the bible than skeptics usually admit.
Omnipotence - In the bible, omnipotence is not just that God is more powerful than anyone else, but that all power in the universe is His power, even the power used by His enemies. The bible treats energy as if it is all the same thing within the universe.
Omnipresence - This concept in the bible treats physical location within the universe as if it is spacetime, not just space. A concept it took man thousands of years to develop.
Immutability - This concept came to the fore when scientists discovered elementary particles. These particles are more energy than matter, and we now know energy cannot be changed. Immutability may be built into the universe! But 2,000 years ago, the concept was in the bible.
Finally, the concept of eternity. That God is eternal is not simply that He lasts forever, but that He is not bound by time. This is a concept made understandable by Einstein. And this means that God is the only non-relative observer in the universe. A very high concept indeed!
Is it not amazing that these complex concepts are in a document dated at 6,000 to 2,000 years ago?