AOC Demands Illegal Invaders get their "fair share"

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 92
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot

Tucker exposes this open border shill demanding Americans make room for the invaders.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Greyparrot
But the little baby in her womb, whose only "crime" was that of being concieved, should be killed. 

That people can't see the abject evil of this position is terrifying. Every prediction Jesus made about loss of morality to come is being realized before our eyes.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ethang5
Fetal invaders are bad. Brown invaders are good.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Greyparrot
And if those fetal invaders share your DNA, worse.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
oh my god-she cant get more dumb than this?
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Dr.Franklin
oh my god-she cant get more dumb than this?
(somewhere AOC blurts out) challenge accepted!!

last I heard she wasn't planning on reproducing so hopefully that genetic nightmare won't continue

seriously though how DID she get elected and will she be defeated?

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
NY is estimated to lose 1 or 2 congressional seats due to the census

She will get gerrymandered out
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Hopefully voters will have memories longer than a week, they'll remember her scaring Amazon jobs away.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
Yes, they are in your country illegally. But the classes of immigrants AOC refers to are tax payers. So from a moral and humanitarian perspective, it would be righteous to care for those who contribute to a countries greatness and live within it, because they are also impacted by covid-19.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
they pay sales tax, user tax, sure but that's a very small part compared to paycheck tax withholdings, which if they are illegal, afaik they can't have a social security # so they can't have taxes withheld or work legally.

IF (notice big if) the states/governor really cared (they don't) they would/could suspend sales tax, property tax and state income tax right?  did she demand those things?  I mean if it wasn't just political grandstanding she would have right?
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Not really no. What's being targetted here is more about unequal treatment rather than "the illegals need help". So while she could petition the suspension of certain taxes, this wouldn't impact the idea of the stimulus monies being unevenly distributed to taxpayers.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Illegals don't even have the capital to create jobs. why do they need "stimulus" again?

Before you go to the Marxist/Keynesian playbook and turn to "but illegals buy stuff" chapter,

You can also just like, directly give that money to the legal job creators without the illegal invader middleman.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
I guess I don't understand what this "unequal treatment" is referring to.  Admittedly I couldn't listen to her rant so I don't actually know what she said, I'd rather listen to scraping fingernails on a chalkboard.

What would have been fair (another 4 letter "f" word people shouldn't use btw) is payroll tax withholding cuts.  If the withholding was lowered by 50% for people making between blah blah and blah blah blah that would be equitable.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
But the Marxist/Keynesian playbook has a "tax cuts for the rich are evil" chapter.

Rich being everyone except for the elite people in Washington DC who naturally got a well-deserved pay raise in the Porkulus bill.

dustryder
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I guess I don't understand what this "unequal treatment" is referring to.  Admittedly I couldn't listen to her rant so I don't actually know what she said, I'd rather listen to scraping fingernails on a chalkboard.

This appears to all stem from a tweet

Essentially the stimulus is given out to those with social security numbers, based on their filed tax returns. This excludes people with tax IDs who obviously still pay tax. So the unequal treatment is the distribution of the stimulus monies to some tax payers, but not other tax payers (people with tax IDs).

What would have been fair (another 4 letter "f" word people shouldn't use btw) is payroll tax withholding cuts.  If the withholding was lowered by 50% for people making between blah blah and blah blah blah that would be equitable.
Possibly, but another factor might be the lump sum nature of the stimulus

dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Greyparrot
Illegals don't even have the capital to create jobs. why do they need "stimulus" again?
Neither do many typical Alabaman rednecks and yet...

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
Essentially the stimulus is given out to those with social security numbers, based on their filed tax returns. This excludes people with tax IDs who obviously still pay tax.
if I understand this correctly, they are in the country illegally but still get a tax id and the government should include the people here illegally, working illegally (because they are here illegally) taxpayer money from people who are here legally?

If things were "fair" wouldn't people here illegally be deported?  They are breaking the law and should pay the consequences for doing so like the rest of us, that would be fair.
These exceptions specially made for illegals is not fair.

anyway I'd love to know how many and how they get an Individual Taxpayer ID Number

I'm not convinced they should get anything let alone a tax id.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
If things were "fair" wouldn't people here illegally be deported?
of course not. If things were fair, they would have had a legal path to immigrate. Then there would be no crimes here and everyone would be better off. 

They are breaking the law and should pay the consequences for doing so like the rest of us, that would be fair.
your argument doesn't really make any sense. The US relies on their labor. The agriculture industry would probably fall apart without them, along with lots of other industries. The issue is that due to ridiculous ideology, the US paints them as "evil invaders" when most politicians know that the US desperately needs them. So they demonize them publicly, do nothing to let them immigrate legally, but also don't do anything to stop the practices that lead to them coming. The only way to stop them coming would be to go after the companies hiring them. But they will never do that because those companies are big campaign donors. Hell, trump himself has a long history of hiring illegal immigrants. The problem isn't the immigrants, it is the corrupt political and economic system that feeds off of them and then discards them when it is convenient. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
 The US relies on their labor. 

No, they don't lol. Slave wage business owners do.

Do defend the slave wage industry for me. Defend the coyote industry. Do it. Tell me how the entire USA will fail without slave wage labor. In a country where the food prices are so low, that we give billions in tax-funded farm subsidies to slave-wage Big Agriculture. Tell me in a country that has about 3% at most of the GDP coming from agriculture how the ENTIRE country will fail if they had to charge more for food to pay Americans to produce that food.

Tell me how a nation rife with diabetes can't afford higher-priced food.

Do go on.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
No, they don't lol. Slave wage business owners do.
So you are fine with large sectors of the american economy collapsing?

Do defend the slave wage industry for me. Defend the coyote industry. Do it.
lol i'm doing the exact opposite. I am saying that america needs to massively increase legal immigration and make it easier for these people to become US citizens. Then they can unionize. Then there will be no need for coyotes. 

In a country where the food prices are so low, that we give billions in tax-funded farm subsidies to slave-wage Big Agriculture. Tell me in a country that has about 3% at most of the GDP coming from agriculture how the ENTIRE country will fail if they had to charge more for food to pay Americans to produce that food.
I'm not telling you the the country will fail. I'm telling you it would destroy entire sectors of the economy. The US agriculture sector would collapse. As would a number of other sectors. There simply isn't enough labor in America to meet the needs of those industries without massive numbers of immigrants. At the moment they all have to be illegal immigrants since not enough legal ones can get into the country. 

Tell me how a nation rife with diabetes can't afford higher-priced food.
Healthy foods are usually much more expensive than unhealthy ones. If healthy foods get more expensive, it would only increase the dependency of poor people on cheap and unhealthy foods. It would increase rates of diabetes. 
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
if I understand this correctly, they are in the country illegally but still get a tax id and the government should include the people here illegally, working illegally (because they are here illegally) taxpayer money from people who are here legally?
I wouldn't say "should". Clearly governments have an obligation to its own citizens first and foremost. But it would definitely be morally righteous, especially with such a rich country like the US.

Also the taxpayer money is from people who are also there illegally, because they also contribute. The ones who are relevant to AOC's complaint anyway.

If things were "fair" wouldn't people here illegally be deported?  They are breaking the law and should pay the consequences for doing so like the rest of us, that would be fair.
These exceptions specially made for illegals is not fair.
Sure. But at this point it's oranges to apples. We can discuss the legality of their presence in the US and the corresponding punishments and this is a separate conversation. But as it stands, they are there, they aren't *all* being removed, they contribute tax dollars and they are being impacted by COVID-19.

I'm not convinced they should get anything let alone a tax id.
You don't want illegals to pay taxes at all? <.<
I'm sure they'd be more than happy to oblige
ethang5
ethang5
The whole "immigrants pay taxes" argument is red herring nonsense.

Imagine you find a squatter having broken  into your basement, using your water, gas, and electricity, and when you try to kick him out, some idiot tells you he helps pay you utility bills, so he has a right to stay.

What he pays is immaterial. Did America tell anyone that it needed help to pay its taxes? The only salient point is that the squatter has no right to be in your house without your permission, whatever he "pays". So all a B&E artist has to do to force you to let him remain in your house is to pay a little bit of your bills?

Where do liberals get these completely inane arguments?

We have a market driven economy. If we didn't have illegal immigrants, demand for farm workers would go up, and the corresponding pay would go up, so we would have more legal immigration and more Americans go into the sector till there was a balance of supply with demand.

Food prices would go up, but would not go higher than the market could sustain, and demand for farm workers would correspondingly fall to balance falling demand for high foodstuffs.

Liberals are playing a political game because they know they can't win elections without poor, uninformed, people looking for handouts.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
Imagine you find a squatter having broken  into your basement, using your water, gas, and electricity, and when you try to kick him out, some idiot tells you he helps pay you utility bills, so he has a right to stay.
your argument makes no sense. Immigrants are paying for houses, rent etc. They are not squatters. They are also paying taxes when they are completely unable to receive any services for those taxes they are paying. 

What he pays is immaterial.
agreed. But the right loves to whine about how much money immigrants cost america, then want to quickly change the subject when you point out how much money america makes in taxes off of them when they can't draw on any of the services they are paying taxes for. 

Did America tell anyone that it needed help to pay its taxes? The only salient point is that the squatter has no right to be in your house without your permission, whatever he "pays".
Your argument appears to be to target the poor people trying to earn a living. But they aren't the problem. The problem is the thousands of american companies that love to hire them and exploit them. If you actually cared about stopping illegal immigrants, you would be advocating for the imprisonment of the people hiring them and exploiting them. but of course trump would be on that list. 

We have a market driven economy. If we didn't have illegal immigrants, demand for farm workers would go up, and the corresponding pay would go up, so we would have more legal immigration and more Americans go into the sector till there was a balance of supply with demand.
this assumes that the immigration system is in any way tied to market forces, which it isn't. It is controlled by a partisan political system. So this is absolutely not what would happen. 

Food prices would go up, but would not go higher than the market could sustain, and demand for farm workers would correspondingly fall to balance falling demand for high foodstuffs.
also no. the price of american food products would go up. Making foreign food products much more cost effective. No one would buy american food products and large segments of the american agriculture industry would collapse, as well as lots of other industries. 

Liberals are playing a political game because they know they can't win elections without poor, uninformed, people looking for handouts.
again, no. The democratic establishment are trying to appeal to upper middle class white people primarily. They are appealing to the political donor class who want 1) to be able to exploit those workers and 2) want to feel like they are good people, even while they do shitty things. 

neither republican politicians nor the democratic establishment actually give a shit about immigrants or working class people in general. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
So you are fine with large sectors of the American economy collapsing?

Absolutely. I don't give a flying fuck if slave-wage industries file for bankruptcy, even if they represent less than 1% of the GDP.
Lawful businesses can come in and take over.

Do you have a problem with it? With bad businesses being allowed to fail due to lawful policies?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Absolutely. I don't give a flying fuck if slave-wage industries file for bankruptcy, even if they represent less than 1% of the GDP.
Lawful businesses can come in and take over.
OK, Let me press a little further. Are you ok with all of america's industries being shipped overseas? Would you be in favor of all american factories, farms etc being shut down?

American agriculture cannot compete with south american farms who can pay slave labour wages. It simply isn't going to happen. Are you ok with being america completely dependent on countries like china to survive?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@dustryder
I'm sure more don't pay taxes than have a tax id
afaik they are not entitled to social security benefits and perhaps other tax payer funded entitlements (they shouldn't get any)  If they want to be eligible for these they should be legal.  Consider the taxes they pay a cost of doing business or the fee they pay to stay here illegally.  If they want all the benefits of citizens or legal immigrants/workers then they should go through the process to be come one.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Absolutely. Economies are forced to retool on a yearly basis due to technological changes anyway, so having a tiny portion of the GDP getting retooled through immigration enforcement to something Americans can benefit in the forms of other JOBS is a win/win for all Americans.

Plus think of all the money saved if we didn't have to subsidize incompetent farms and diabetic Americans started eating a little less and lived longer. win/win.

Think about it this way. Was the Civil War-era North suffering much economically after the South lost their slave labor industry? Hell no. They just retooled the economy and everything was fine.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Absolutely. Economies are forced to retool on a yearly basis due to technological changes anyway, so having a tiny portion of the GDP getting retooled through immigration enforcement to something Americans can benefit in the forms of other JOBS is a win/win for all Americans.
So when china decides they don't want to export to us anymore, then what? Will americans think it is such a great win when the american economy completely collapses because it is completely dependent on foreign countries to prop it up?

Think about it this way. Was the Civil War-era North suffering much economically after the South lost their slave labor industry? Hell no. They just retooled the economy and everything was fine.
The north grew their own food. Mined their own metals, refined them into tools. America won't be doing any of that any more. It will be 100% dependent on other countries to provide it's materials. And if those countries decide they would rather not do that any more, the american economy collapses. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
So when china decides they don't want to export to us anymore, then what? Will americans think it is such a great win when the american economy completely collapses because it is completely dependent on foreign countries to prop it up?

Nah, then it becomes a very simple supply/demand calculus by then. People will pay more for American grown food. End of story. No Slave-wages Civil War era economy needed at all.

Just like Americans are going to pay more to get Corona equipment right now made in American factories.

America is NOT wealthy because of foreign trade. It's wealthy DESPITE it, as we regularly run trade deficits on a yearly basis all over the globe simply because we can afford it. American wealth comes from American productivity first and always. We could close off all trade and be completely self-sufficient within a few years if we wanted to.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Nah, then it becomes a very simple supply/demand calculus by then. People will pay more for American grown food. End of story. No Slave-wages Civil War era economy needed at all.
So you think that entire industries that have been completely wiped out will simply spring out of nothing over night? And there won't be mass shortages of those items? That is not how the world works. Even a few days interruption in supply chains can cause shortages. If china decided they didn't want to trade with the US for certain items, alot of people would die. Alot of people would go bankrupt. 

<br>

America is NOT wealthy because of foreign trade. It's wealthy DESPITE it, as we regularly run trade deficits on a yearly basis all over the globe simply because we can afford it.
you clearly have little understanding of how trade works. A trade deficit is not inherently a bad thing. It is not a sign of how wealthy or poor a country is. 

We could close off all trade and be completely self-sufficient within a few years if we wanted to.
lol now i am 100% you have little understanding of how trade works. There is no chance america could successfully become completely self sufficient. It would obliterate the standard of living of 95% of the population and cause mass riots.