Atheists Are Not Stupid

Author: ethang5

Total: 127
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@fauxlaw
Things like making noah and adam 900 years old is beautiful for the making yourself  believe a under 10,000  year old universe really means 14 bill.   
Its nice. 

To have the ability to believe in god 88.3%
one must lie to ones self. 
 And things like that make it easy.

Religions make a ponzi scheme look  so childish hey?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Interesting how you ignored all the relevant statistical data in my previous post.
It was not relevant. You wanted to divert us from the point.

And the attempts at refutation that you did give were, it has to be said, complete nonsense.
There was nothing to refute. What you said had nothing to do with my point.

Statistics as presented are not based on conversion, that's just a foolish claim.
Your stats meant nothing to my argument. The bible is convincing, and bunching people up who have never considered the bible as those who have not been convinced is deceptive.

Children born to Christians will be counted as Christians as those born to Muslims will be regarded as Muslim etc.
Nonsense. Counted by whom? We are talking about how people self identify.

Your argument seems to have reduced to wild self affirming claims.
Because you are unable to follow an argument that has several steps.

And a multitude remains a multitude.
No one said it wasn't Einstein. What you tried to imply multitude represented was a lie. Your multitude did not represent people not convinced by Christianity.

And your bias cannot change reality.
My bias doesn't have to. Christianity IS the most persuasive religion on earth, and millions have found enough evidence for it. My bias wouldn't want to change that even if it could.

And your argument is not a lie....it is just the same old unprovable assumption.
If it was unprovable, I wouldn't be able to point out reality that verifies it.
ethang5
ethang5
Things like making noah and adam 900 years old is beautiful for the making yourself  believe a under 10,000  year old universe really means 14 bill.
Watching people struggle over this simple idea is like watching someone struggle to break out of a wet paper bag.

If I ask you, how many years old was someone before the number of days in a year was determined and fixed?

This is something even children can figure out, but the atheist becomes a blazing idiot the moment the bible is mentioned.

The ages of Adam and Noah cannot correspond one to one with our years because the 12 month, 365 day year had not been established in their time. The ages of Noah and Adam do not represent our years.

But even telling these geniuses this is futile. They are invested in the "error" and will not give it up.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
Well why state that they were 900 plus? All of gods right hand man are
You want the cake.  

Why not state that God built the universe in 872, 492, 462 man made days then he rested for 78,305 days. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I'm going to spend a ( eternity )  in hell .
A (eternity )
Thats got to be likeeeeee 200 maybe 300 years right ? 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Well why state that they were 900 plus? 
Because they are according to the system of measurement used back then.

Why not state that God built the universe in 872, 492, 462 man made days then he rested for 78,305 days.
1. Because the bible is not stupid. 2. Because the length of time set by man changes over time. 3. Because since even children could figure it out, the bible didn't need to waste the time explaining to the obtuse. 4. Because the ages of the men was immaterial to the message of the story.

I know this is hard for you to believe, but reality doesn't reside between your ears. Really.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
It's almost like the bible was written without the year 3751 in mind.
It's.
It's crazy.  

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
It's Sabbath week.

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
Hmmmm….Conveniently inconsequential.

No, just selective consequence. Every time one tries to prove the Bible by some collective, universal standard of science, they find they can neither prove their scientific standard by the Bible, either. There's a reason: The one is not attempting to be the other, nor the other trying to be the one. They are are two constructs of explanation and should not be used to combat one another at all.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Religions make a ponzi scheme look  so childish hey?
You misunderstand me completely. I'm not saying that trying to measure time by Biblical constructs proves anything. Some have this inescapable belief that the Bible is a clockwork that operates on a scale within human understanding, or they cannot be comfortable with it. I'm saying that while it is history, the clock they imagine is not a consistent clockwork at all, meaning that God does not wear a wrist watch; neither digital nor analog. He  could not care less whether He created heaven and earth in six days or six billion years, and we shouldn't try to insist He did. That's what does not matter. No, it's not a ponzi scheme. 

Look, the same crowd who insist the First Amendment is freedom from religion is that crowd who hang Big Ben around God's neck, and then claim that's the Bible, and that proves their ponzi scheme. I think it will be hilarious when that crowd not only discovers that it never was about a separation of church and state, but that it is an intersection.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@fauxlaw
Nice post man.

Hit and sunk.

User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
I know I am not religious, and I will make my argument from my angle.

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@fauxlaw
Sure, none of your English translations show you two separate sentences. The ancient Hebrew does. 
It is the English translations that everyone reads. Considering the translations were done by scholars and theologians, they would have done so with the best intentions in mind in order to make clear what was being written.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
It's almost like the bible was written without the year 3751 in mind.
Would that be the year 3751 by the Hebrew calendar, the Arabic calendar, or the Chinese calendar?

.......Oops! ...D'oh!

What amazes me, is not that a person can be this dumb, but that they feel OK to parade that dumbness like a crown.

It's. It's crazy.
Lol. OK Deb-8-a-beavis. There is another word that fits better than crazy.
T_Rocks
T_Rocks
-->
@User_2006
I know I am not religious, and I will make my argument from my angle.

Very well put there. There has been much research carried out examining the lower IQs of religious followers and I think what resonates universally is the censorship of information that Christians, for example have imposed on them whether it be scientific information or any other reports that may conflict with their beliefs.

Another factor worth considering is the genetic factor (The God gene hypothesis proposes that human spirituality is influenced by heredity and that a specific gene, called vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2), predisposes humans towards spiritual or mystic experiences.)

A test psychologists often use to determine if one is spiritual is:

"If I buy a baseball bat and ball for $110 and the baseball bat cost $100 more than the ball, how much did the ball cost?"

You will be amazed at how accurate the test is and why.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Are you attempting to use quantum mechanics as an explanation for a god?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
Nope. I see God literally as a human man, a holy, perfect, resurrected, physically embodied man who has experienced a mortal existence as we are, and is now exalted as a God, and that we, by our faith, obedience, and endurance by those principles can become like Him.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@ATroubledMan
It is the English translations that everyone reads. 

Why do you insist that "everyone" reads English? It's those kinds of extremes that just do not exist that makes understanding one another so difficult. No, not "everyone" does read English. I've been in over 30 countries. I KNOW your claim is excessive. More to the point, English was not the root language in which the Bible, at least, was written. I've given you the example of seeking the freshest water from the source, not the gutter. This is exactly what I mean. English did not come along as a Biblical translation language until Tyndale in the 16th century; what, nearly 3,000 years following Moses, and 1,500 years following Christ? Why do you think I have tried to master multiple languages? Trying to get closer to that fresh water.
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@fauxlaw
Why do you insist that "everyone" reads English?
I was obviously referring to English speaking people. I know full well the Bible has been translated into other languages, but you and I are not speaking those languages here. It also does not diminish the point I made regarding how that verse is to be understood. 

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@ATroubledMan
No, that was not "obvious." As you mean all English-speaking people, say what you mean. "Everyone" is obviously not a reference to English-speaking people only. As I have been around the world to in excess of 30 countries, I do not think of the globe in terms of the limiting factor of the former British Empire, on which "the sun never set," thank you. Try to keep up.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Have you created a god in your own image then?

Or is it the stereotypical image of a hippyish looking Caucasian bloke, as seen in bible illustrations?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
A casual glance at my sequential verb tenses through my entire sentence answers your question. The rest is as stereotypical from your hippie nemeses as they may stereotype you. You're both wrong. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
You said "I see"

So what do you see?...A holy, perfect man could describe a million different images...So what is your perfect image of a man?

Ok, all things to all men..... Nonetheless, a perfect man is an arbitrary decision

And why would a hippy be my nemesis?

And me and who?

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
A perfect, holy man could be in any number of "images." By that, I presume you mean physical characteristics. Okay, try this: most images we see of Adam and Eve are that they were fair-skinned, blond, redhead, sometimes brunette; basically your white European stock. However, as Adam referred to his bride as "the mother of all living," [Genesis 3: 20], and given the broad spectrum we perceive in modern man via skin, hair, and eye color and physical features, all separate genotypes, able to be expressed in wonderful variety [except for the tendency of selective grouping which tends to reduce the overall variety], while yet carrying that variety as recessives, One mating pair could easily produce children, grandchildren, etc, who express, ultimately, the entire set of characteristics we witness today. God is one of those varieties, Himself. Which? I frankly do not care.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
Perfection is not arbitrary. It is simply an ability to perform all thoughts, speech and action which are perfectly employed to achieve perfection in all respects of human thought and action without error anytime, anywhere, and under all circumstances.

Anyone who distracts you from a worthy objective is a nemesis. A hippie was your suggestion.

Therefore, you and the nemesis, whoever it is. The hippie, perhaps.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Why would a god, the precursor of mankind, be a variety?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Atheists are not stupid.

I suspect that the Christians have totally run out of , ( Body of christ )  and (Blood of christ ) 
Therfore them wafers they give out a just normal wafers. 
And the blood of christ is just red wine. 
Christ was a normal human size right ? 

Hang on.
( BOY DON'T I FEEL STUPID. )   
Blood of christ and body oc is made like holy water hey?
Priests make it by the batch hey?  Magically. 
Silly me.

I THOUGHT THAT THE BODY OF CHRIST WAFERS WHERE THE  " ACTUAL " BODY OF CHRIST. 
' I'm picturing they crushed up Jesus in like a mortar and pestle.  
And thats why i thought you guys would be out of it. 

Pay no attention to this. 
Continue.
Tyran_Rex
Tyran_Rex
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
The reality is that nowadays all that Christians get during communion is pieces of dried-p loaves donated by Bakers Delight and raspberry cordial.

And you know what raspberry cordial does, don't you?

Is it any wonder why churchgoers run around like headless chooks at the end of service cackling out loud, "God is great. Bless you, I feel the love" all damned Sunday?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Tyran_Rex
YesssssssssssssssssssssssBOssssssssssssssssss
Nice. 

I've always wanted the ability to make holy water. 
I looked it up ten year ago thinking there probably is a 4 maybe 5 year university course. 
But it would not be this easy. One has to be a 2nd year priest to be given this powerful tool.  

Kidnap a priest , put him in a cell. And get holy water on tap.   

I'd sooooooo abuse the power if i had it. 
Holy swimming. 
Holy surfing.
Holy showers.
I'd drink straight holy water. 
Make holy rain.
I'd  baptize people with my Holy spit.

Holy urine ?
Of course
So many activities.

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
Making anything holy is really easy, you dont have to be a priest to make water holy.
All you have to do to make something holy is to dedicate what you do or an object to God with honor and obedience. He has commanded us to be holy as he is holy.