3M is a POS company

Author: bmdrocks21

Total: 70
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
America has a system where if you don't have money, you don't matter.

We currently have a hybrid system where if you are poor, you receive Medicaid and unlimited access to emergency care. If you have a job and work and make enough money, you can pay the goddamn doctor.

So stop fucking lying. I say this as a college-educated person currently scamming the system in a liberal state in order to work 10 hours a week while being just "poor" enough to qualify for all the safety nets. I have a huge savings account and an insanely lazy life. This quarantine isn't affecting me at all, in fact, I am making even more money off the broken safety net system just for sitting on my ass. Don't tell me how the system does not work for the poor. It doesn't work to stop me from collecting nearly 10,000 a year for mostly sitting on my ass in benefits, free food, and other payments.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
I mean if you want there to be less doctors, Medicare for All is the way to go. People don’t go through med school and accrue thousands of dollars in debt just to get less money with socialized healthcare. It’s all about the money. Demand for doctors will rise but supply of doctors will fall because the government will be doing all the price fixing you criticize so much. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Don't hate me for playing the system. Hate the game.
DBlaze
Debates: 0
DBlaze
-->
@HistoryBuff
Name one person that was denied a hospital bed because they did not have health insurance, people are not dying everywhere.  The truth is, people don't pay their hospital and doctor bills a lot of the time, and no one really goes after them for it, that is one reason it is too expensive, because they have to make up for that.

I do agree that Insurance companies are Pieces of Shite, and so are the pharmaceutical companies.  They need to be more regulated, talk about price gouging, but they are the big dogs. They need to be banned from any political avenue, no lobbying, and no grants from the government just to use the money on R and D, then use that number to charge an astronomical amount as if it was part of their costs.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
POor PeOplE cAnNOt gET HeALThcaRE

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I have 100% full coverage healthcare and pay $0.00 a month for it.

I moved to a liberal state with high fences and thick walls and generous "safety nets" to live semi-retired at the age of 40. 

Hatethegame.org
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@DBlaze
And Trump has decreased prices of prescription drugs. ORaNgE mAN bAd
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I read somewhere that beggars on the street make like thousands a year #Poor
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
And Trump has decreased prices of prescription drugs. ORaNgE mAN bAd.

My medicine already costs me 3 dollars a month.
Hatethegame.org
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@ILikePie5
People don’t go through med school and accrue thousands of dollars in debt just to get less money with socialized healthcare.
Oh remember, buddy. They want FrEe CoLlEgE too.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
wow that is completely fucked up. You want government controls so that companies will be forced to disrupt their supply lines and cause people to die during a crisis. But no government controls when companies are cutting corners and killing people during the rest of the time. 

I am advocating for moving supply lines back to the US through protectionist policies so that they won't be disrupted during a crisis.

I want necessary materials to go to American citizens. I guess you just care about Canadian citizens more than Americans... for some reason.

When did you become the hands-off government-type? Being libertarian just to contradict me?

no, the materials needed to make the masks come from canada. If the US refuses to allow the masks to be sold to Canada, then not only can they not produce the masks for Canadians, they can't produce any for americans either. You are saying that 3M should stop producing masks for as long as it takes to get a new supplier, which could be weeks or months. 

I'm more concerned about the future implications of all of this and how it proves that we cannot suffer this outsourcing of necessary industries. However, I would say that 3M should certainly give preference to Americans, not necessarily that they should stop sending all masks to Canada. We had a government worker put in an order and offer money because he needed masks for our medical workers. The order was rejected, and that should not be allowed.

i see. so you want the worst aspects of both. Cruel authoritarian control, but also cruel, heartless greed. 

I see. so you want the worst aspects of both. Punishing successful people domestically and shipping out vital industries so that our national security is constantly threatened.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
I am advocating for moving supply lines back to the US through protectionist policies so that they won't be disrupted during a crisis.
and doing that slowly through government policy over years would be one thing. Doing it by order during a crisis that is almost guaranteed to cause further shortages and will certainly piss off America's closest ally, is a shitty way to go though. 

I want necessary materials to go to American citizens. I guess you just care about Canadian citizens more than Americans... for some reason.
Canada is america's closest ally. They are supplying the materials needed to make the masks. Without Canadian products, there are no masks. So ordering a company to refuse to sell any masks to Canada, and likely destroying their ability to make masks at all is both counter productive to supplying america with masks as well as screwing over other co-operation that might have come from Canada during this and other crises. 

When did you become the hands-off government-type? Being libertarian just to contradict me?
establishing good government policy and implementing it with proper oversight is one thing. Doing a seat of the pants seizure of power that is almost certain to cause as much, if not more, harm than good is a terrible idea. 

I'm more concerned about the future implications of all of this and how it proves that we cannot suffer this outsourcing of necessary industries. However, I would say that 3M should certainly give preference to Americans, not necessarily that they should stop sending all masks to Canada. We had a government worker put in an order and offer money because he needed masks for our medical workers. The order was rejected, and that should not be allowed.
even if they sold no masks to anyone else, they couldn't meet the demand in america. Are you advocating for america saying "fuck you" to all of it's allies and screwing them over in a crisis? Because believe what you want, but america cannot survive and thrive without it's friends and allies. 

I see. so you want the worst aspects of both. Punishing successful people domestically and shipping out vital industries so that our national security is constantly threatened.
no, that is not even remotely what I am saying. where did you get that idea from?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Without Canadian products, there are no masks.

Bullshit.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
and doing that slowly through government policy over years would be one thing. Doing it by order during a crisis that is almost guaranteed to cause further shortages and will certainly piss off America's closest ally, is a shitty way to go though. 

I'm not saying it is an optimal position, but saying that we should continue to export millions of masks that are currently manufactured when we are suffering from shortages is a much worse position. Sure, we could stay on good terms with Canada by saving their citizens instead of ours, but I doubt it is worth it.

Yes, work on slowly bringing back supply lines in the future, but right now, worry about keeping hospitals in America stocked up. I'm really not buying the idea that the only place to get sufficient materials are from Canada, even, or that they will stop supplying us (their companies are also capitalists trying to turn a profit).

Canada is america's closest ally. They are supplying the materials needed to make the masks. Without Canadian products, there are no masks. So ordering a company to refuse to sell any masks to Canada, and likely destroying their ability to make masks at all is both counter productive to supplying america with masks as well as screwing over other co-operation that might have come from Canada during this and other crises. 

Apparently there was a deal worked out to import over 100 million of its masks from China and continue to export masks to Canada. I'm fine with this development. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/us-blocks-face-masks-canada-n95-protection-equipment

even if they sold no masks to anyone else, they couldn't meet the demand in america. Are you advocating for america saying "fuck you" to all of it's allies and screwing them over in a crisis? Because believe what you want, but america cannot survive and thrive without it's friends and allies. 

They really haven't helped us out recently. They try to dictate how we act through the UN. They don't help fight terrorism in the Middle East, which is more their problem than ours. Not even helping combat predatory Chinese trade, which hurts them as well. They don't even contribute as much to NATO as they AGREED to. We have carried their burden long enough- I think we can take care of ourselves. These just really show the need for policies that allow us to survive alone. We are better off with allies, but we shouldn't need them.

no, that is not even remotely what I am saying. where did you get that idea from?

Punishing successful people: you are against low taxes

Shipping out jobs referred to high regulation and corporate taxes, which make America a more expensive business environment to operate in.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Are you advocating for america saying "fuck you" to all of it's allies and screwing them over in a crisis? Because believe what you want, but america cannot survive and thrive without it's friends and allies. 

With allies like the UN and WHO giving a pass to China for helping create and spread Covid19...who needs enemies?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
With allies like the UN and WHO giving a pass to China for helping create and spread Covid19...who needs enemies?

100x this! They just take our money and give nothing but orders and/or finger wagging in return. Because we should pay money to be "obligated" to take refugees.... Such a waste. Our "allies" just like to take advantage of us by having us pay for all of their defenses.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
What does this even mean? They didn't create it, that is just an outright lie. And they did far more to control it than the US has.

Trump kept telling everyone it wasn't serious. That it would miraculously disappear as soon as it got warm outside. Then he sat on his hands and did nothing. As a result hundreds of thousands will probably die who otherwise might have survived. 
<br>

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
I'm not saying it is an optimal position, but saying that we should continue to export millions of masks that are currently manufactured when we are suffering from shortages is a much worse position. Sure, we could stay on good terms with Canada by saving their citizens instead of ours, but I doubt it is worth it.
this doesn't make sense though. You are talking about disrupting the supply chain needed to make the medical supplies, in order to have more medical supplies. It is self defeating. 

Yes, work on slowly bringing back supply lines in the future, but right now, worry about keeping hospitals in America stocked up. I'm really not buying the idea that the only place to get sufficient materials are from Canada,
True, they might be able to find other sources. But there is no telling how long that would take. You will disrupt production for days, maybe weeks or months when that production is critically needed. 

even, or that they will stop supplying us (their companies are also capitalists trying to turn a profit).
so you are banking on the Canadian government allowing companies to ship the raw materials to the US while the US refuses to allow any medical supplies sold back to Canada. Why would they do that? They would order those companies to redirect the supplies to a Canadian (or some other country) manufacturer who will sell masks to Canada. 

Apparently there was a deal worked out to import over 100 million of its masks from China and continue to export masks to Canada. I'm fine with this development.
essentially, trump completely backed down from his threats because he got some promises that they would import masks.... which they were almost certainly doing already. It sounds like trump reacted like a child and threw a tantrum and they told him what he needed to hear to calm down so they could get back to work. 

hey really haven't helped us out recently. They try to dictate how we act through the UN. 
umm, that is what the UN is for. It is for people to come together and agree on a course of action. Do you disagree because they don't just automatically do whatever the US says?

They don't help fight terrorism in the Middle East, which is more their problem than ours. 
why? In large part the US is creating the problems. From arming the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan, to propping up the Shah of Iran, to invading Iraq, the list goes on and on and on. 

Not even helping combat predatory Chinese trade, which hurts them as well. 
combating it how? The US isn't doing anything to combat it. 

They don't even contribute as much to NATO as they AGREED to.
agreed, that agreement needs to be lowered. NATO doesn't need to spend that much. The US needs to spend a hell of alot less. 

We have carried their burden long enough- I think we can take care of ourselves.
but "carried their burden" do mean constantly kicking hornet's nests, then insisting the rest of the world obeys, then whine and bitch when other people don't want to go to war for no reason?

These just really show the need for policies that allow us to survive alone. We are better off with allies, but we shouldn't need them.
This is stupid. The reason america is powerful, is because of it's allies. Do you think the US did it alone? 

punishing successful people: you are against low taxes
Of course i am against low taxes. low taxes translates as the rich crushing everyone else. The government needs those taxes to provide services to the people. If you cut taxes, you are hurting the poor and the working class and helping the rich. You are bolstering oligarchy. 

Shipping out jobs referred to high regulation and corporate taxes, which make America a more expensive business environment to operate in.
Are you advocating for turning americans into sweat shop workers? Because that is what cutting those regulations and taxes would do.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
sorry, the previous post was a response to you, i forgot to tag you. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
What does this even mean? 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
What does this even mean? 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
i'm not going to subject myself to videos from racist, homophobic assholes. Make a point for yourself. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
i'm not going to subject myself to videos from racist, homophobic assholes.

Why not? Don't you want to have a laugh at the people you want to kill? Hitler did.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Why not? Don't you want to have a laugh at the people you want to kill? Hitler did.

Haha, what???
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
The party of hate, Censorship, and canceling.

:)
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
i have no idea what you are talking about. But i don't feel the need to watch propaganda videos made by right wing, racist, assholes. Make an argument or don't pretend like you actually have an opinion on the subject. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I refused to read what you wrote because I am going to pretend to be a Democrat for a day.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah, don't read that h0m0ph0b1c, r@c1$t @$$h0l3'$ response.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
I'm going to refuse to read that too because someone painted you with meaningless labels.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Here is another great propaganda video made by right-wing, racist, assholes, exposing the WHO-China connection.