not voting for biden is effectively letting trump win

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 141
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@n8nrgmi
biden had sixty percent of the vote in a match up against bernie, and bernie had thirty percent. twice as much. it wasn't a close race
there are lots of reasons we could go through over why that is. But it isn't because 60% of people want to go backwards into the corropt neo-liberalism. 

consider single payer. a slight majority want medicare for all, until they hear the details. that's what ive seen in polls.
no, the majority want medicare for all. it falls to a slight majority if you explain the plan without context and frame it as if they are losing their freedom. But this is just more examples of how corrupt corporatists try to rig the system. 

effectively most want a public option, which biden wants. 
no. most people want healthcare at an affordable cost. Many choose to believe the corporate shills who lie and say that providing medical insurance to everyone is somehow impossible. And that if you don't include a predatory insurance industry active trying to screw over poor people, that this somehow would increase costs, somehow....

most people care about the deficiit, which bernie and the like dont ever mention.
what? since when. all the polling i have seen says that is not true. The top concern has been healthcare in virtually all the polls i have seen. And sanders polled as the most trusted on that issue. 

your mistake is thinking the base is behind bernie but that somehow or another the establishment stole it from him. not true. 
that isn't want i said. The base isn't with bernie. The base is with progressive policy. As shown by Bernie now endorsing Biden and the base saying "no thanks".

The establishment worked overtime to tell everyone why they can't have progressive policy. they spent the entire campaign basically telling people "suck it up and vote for someone who is going to screw you over". Unfortunately alot of people still listen to CNN or MSNBC. So when MSNBC calls bernie's plans crazy day in and day out people start to believe it. And the "moderate" plans (that just happen to make billionaires even richer) are portrayed as the "reasonable" plans. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@HistoryBuff
you sound like a conspiracy theorist and a ransom taker.

conspiracy, because you think that mainstream liberals are somehow subverting the will of the people. people wanted biden, the polls should have settled it. if they supported the policies of bernie, they would have supported him. 

bernie represents a whole lot more than single payer. even if you're right that that's what most people want, that doesn't mean they want everything bernie wants. here is a link that says a large majority want the deficit taken care of. i agree that most care about healthcare first, but it's not like the deficit is no longer an issue. and, many of the other things bernie wants, normal people understand that we just can't afford. 

ransom taker, because you can't get your way, so you're trying to force it down the throat of america, even when the polls and basic logic isn't on your side. 

only twenty percent of bernie supporters are considering not voting for biden. not enough to change anything in the end for them, but enough to give the election to trump and the republicans for many years on end.

what would you think if moderate dems decided not to vote for bernie if he was the nominee, and used your 'logic' that they are only trying to get what they want in the end? 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
I'll spell it out in simple terms so you're sure to understand: Only in a free society can one individual so change his paradigm of uselessness, poverty, and worthlessness as to prosper and enjoy the blessed rights of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." The government of personal liberty has not limits set upon it. No, there is no "there comes a time when you have made enough money," and no, there is no "you didn't build that," as the party in the person of Oba'a propsed as the way things are. Biden is another confirmation of that limiting philosophy. Trump is its antithesis. These are abrupt limitations, and you are free, as Richard Bach said, to "argue for your limitations; they are yours."

No. Put your money to work for you rather than seeking minimum wage to work for it. The latter is a loser's goal. Why be so limited? It is the curse of entitlement. It is the curse of the Democrat Party to think so minimally. You will find, my friends, that such liberty to invest as Trump has diverted the philosophy of Oba'a is not avarice, and is not a goal unto itself. It's blessings reach far and wide to improve self, family, community, and nations. It has worked for 230 years in this constitutional republic. Show me another system of government, and reductive thinking politics with that success.

Or, vote for Biden and dismiss your idividual potential for success.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@n8nrgmi
conspiracy, because you think that mainstream liberals are somehow subverting the will of the people. people wanted biden, the polls should have settled it. if they supported the policies of bernie, they would have supported him. 
Is it a conspiracy theory to look at what people do and say that is what they are doing? The dems take huge bribes from very rich people, then pass policies that inordinately benefit those very rich people and screw over poor people. They then spend alot of time telling poor people that the government can't give them basic necessities of life, but they absolutely can give massive amounts of money to bankers and oil executives. 

This is the reality of the modern democratic party. Biden has been part of that for decades. 

here is a link that says a large majority want the deficit taken care of.
that isn't what that link says. that link says that a majority (in a single weighted poll) consider it the biggest economic problem out of 4 options they were given. But it gives no implications about whether that is a bigger problem than say, education or health care. 

ransom taker, because you can't get your way, so you're trying to force it down the throat of america, even when the polls and basic logic isn't on your side. 
that's not ransom taking, that is democracy. If a politician wants to win an election, he needs to appeal to people. The democratic party decided under clinton that the best strategy was to appeal to the right and hold the left hostage. Give them the option of a right wing policy or a further right wing policy. The democratic establishment are the hostage takers and have been for decades now. The left is just finally realizing that the only way to end the hostage crisis is refuse to go along with their captors. 

only twenty percent of bernie supporters are considering not voting for biden. not enough to change anything in the end for them, but enough to give the election to trump and the republicans for many years on end.
yes. that is exactly my point. Enough of the left are angry enough to torch Biden. That is why biden needs to actually try to appeal to them. But he isn't going to do that because he firmly believes in right wing policies. And that is why he will lose. Well, one of the reasons. 

what would you think if moderate dems decided not to vote for bernie if he was the nominee, and used your 'logic' that they are only trying to get what they want in the end? 
Then that would be their choice to make. Their options would be a progressive agenda that will make their lives better, or a shitty right agenda that will make it worse. If they choose to actively make their lives worse i can't stop them. But the current choice being offered is Trump (a shitty right wing candidate) or Biden (a shitty right wing candidate). Both are corrupt. Both have sexual assault claims against them. Both are clearly losing their marbles. Both have refused to fix the underlying problems in america. Why should any progressive vote for either of them? The only reasonable choice to withhold support and force the dems to listen.

If biden is willing to do that before the election, great. He could make Bernie in charge of the treasury or something. He could prove to progressives that he will do more than pay lip service to them while screwing them over. But he won't do that. Because that is exactly what he is planning to do. 
Envisage
Debates: 3
Envisage
-->
@n8nrgmi
Why am I being forced to vote for Biden on the threat of "If you don't take shit option A, you'll get shit option B".

Why can't I vote and be represented by a person and party who I *gasp* actually want to represent me?

Isn't that how a democracy is supposed to work?

This obscene two party system has succeeded in making the US play the stupid game, when it is the game that is bad.

If the US actually had proper representation in its system, as opposed to a ridiculous first-past-the-post-system then we wouldn't have ridiculous threads like this one vilifying anyone who doesn't want to vote for a party lead by Biden.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Envisage
This obscene two party system has succeeded in making the US play the stupid game, when it is the game that is bad.
i completely agree. The system has been abused by both sides to prevent the vast majority of people from getting any representation at all. Your choices are essentially "bad" or "worse". And if you choose not to support "bad" then everyone turns on you as if you are the problem. This kind of thinking has lead to virtually all politicians being corrupt and completely ignoring what most people want. They know that all they have to do is dog whistle to one or two issues (guns, abortion, gay rights etc) and then they are free to give as many corrupt handouts as they can to their donors. 

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi
@HistoryBuff
Why are y’all arguing. We all know that y’all are gonna vote for Joe anyways.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Hey Joe...whattyaknow?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Hey Joe...whattyaknow?

I honestly think China is behind the virus. It was a gamble. They know if Joe wins everything goes back to normal and China prospers. But if Joe loses then Trump will crush them during his second term. All Trump has to do is run ads with connections between the Chinese and Joe.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
I honestly think China is behind the virus. It was a gamble. They know if Joe wins everything goes back to normal and China prospers. But if Joe loses then Trump will crush them during his second term. All Trump has to do is run ads with connections between the Chinese and Joe.
this is just insane. The virus is doing more harm to the chinese than trump is capable of doing. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Nah, 98% sure virus came from backward wet-market bat-eating culture, not Xi.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
this is just insane. The virus is doing more harm to the chinese than trump is capable of doing. 

The Chinese think long term bro. Corona goes away in a couple of months to a year. Trump will be there for 4 years.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Nah, 98% sure virus came from backward wet-market bat-eating culture, not Xi.
<br>
My personal theory is that the Chinese brought it from their Wuhan Lab to the wet market
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I doubt it seriously. Man-made viruses have genetic markers you can't hide easily.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I doubt it seriously. Man-made viruses have genetic markers you can't hide easily.
Doesn’t have to be genetically made for it to originate in the lab tho
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I think it might not have been cultivated in a lab, but it might have been released from a lab. 

Getting facts out of China is near impossible.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@n8nrgmi
do you really want trump to win so you can pretend you're being principled? 

I would love that. Stick it to the man, comrades! Four more years!!!!!!!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
I would love that. Stick it to the man, comrades! Four more years!!!!!!!

This is why I voted Obama back to back.

RINOS like McShame and Romney McBain are toxic for the country, and the Republicans went through 8 years of getting their ass beat before they realized they needed to kick the RINOS out of the party.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
I’ll have to see what happens after Trump is out. Don’t know if they’ll return to their normal bs after Trump.

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@n8nrgmi
Biden's a war hawk, debt adder who's only claim to fame is him being Obama's VP.  I'm voting for Mark Whitney; the libertarian candidate.  I'd prefer Trump over Biden though.  At least Trump has a working brain.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Biden's a war hawk, debt adder who's only claim to fame is him being Obama's VP.  I'm voting for Mark Whitney; the libertarian candidate.  I'd prefer Trump over Biden though.  At least Trump has a working brain.

Which state are you in?
sadolite
sadolite
Voting for Biden effectively demonstrates that you would vote for anybody but Trump, no matter how incompetent, mentally impaired,  corrupt or evil they are. It also would effectively demonstrate you have no intellectual judgement and base your votes on pure emotion. No rational thinking person would vote for Biden. It is clear that his cognitive abilities are impaired  and the evidence of conflicts of interest with China are over whelming. But only rational thinking people can see this.

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@sadolite
only stupid people vote for Trump. why do you think it is that there are studies that show they are both dumber and less informed? it's not some liberal conspiracy... it's the truth. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
Stupid is a relative term.

Siding with China and Crazy Joe for example.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
 it's the truth. 

So says Anderson Cooper being paid $50,000 a day to tell you how deplorable Trump voters are.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
The left relies on echo chambers instead of logic and reason.

The quarantine has forced Leftist TV hosts to operate without the echo chamber (their audience)

The interviews and the dialogue can't push fake left narratives without the echo chamber.

Watch how Maher is continually uncomfortably lost without his clapping audience.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
The left relies on echo chambers instead of logic and reason.

That’s what I tell every liberal I know. Stop using secondary sources from the MSM to form your opinion. Instead look at the numbers, the statistics, primary sources of what officials have said. Ofc people just call me racist and xenophobic.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi
only stupid people vote for Trump. why do you think it is that there are studies that show they are both dumber and less informed? it's not some liberal conspiracy... it's the truth. 

Without these “stupid people that vote for Trump” you wouldn’t have food. Your elitist thinking is what fucked you up in 2016.
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@n8nrgmi
Sanders was the anti establishment candidate. People saying they want change. Putting Biden in office will not accomplish those aims. Sanders also pulled some republicans while biden really doesn't.  We also have the issue that biden literally has dementia and it is not a good ideal for him to be president regardless of your political persuasion. 
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@n8nrgmi
Studies show libertarians are smarter than democrats.

Your philosophy is what a 2 year old would have. Poor people don't have enough money, we should give them some. It takes somebody with a brain to resist that liberal attitude and say hey maybe improving the eco omy so they aren't dependent on the state is a better ideal.

Education is not on par with where it should be so liberals are like 2 years. Most obvious thing throw money at the school system. It is like they are too stupid to look at statistics such as that washington DC has the highest spending per child and still has the worst school system. But like a 2 year old "deep give them money"

I was a liberal when I was like 5. Because 5 year olds believe you solve homelessness by giving the homeless money or solve the people of crime by arresting less people instead of a solution. That takes a brain such as fixing a lot of the socio exo comic factors at play that cause crime. 

Keeping having your philosophy of "derp do most obvious thing a 2 year old would think of and claim moral superiority, derp"