The pandemic is a lie

Author: Singularity

Total: 74
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
I can't believe you fuckers are falling for this. My wife is part of a facebook group of nurses and they are all reporting less work than normal and being bored. Yet we have the news reporting overflowed hospitals. I saw a youtube video of some guy in New York the other day who showed up to the hospital and the place was a ghost town. This shit is a hoax
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Singularity
Not sure about this all being a lie, but it is definitely overblown in my opinion. There is a virus. The death count, however, is likely higher than the real count as coronavirus deaths can be counted without documented evidence. Also, the death rate is probably much smaller than expected based on early antibody tests in NYC.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Singularity
The pandemic is a lie

I can't stop thinking that this is all some kind of a social experiment, with the intent of a compulsory worldwide vaccination program in mind and we not knowing what will be pumped into us. I am not any kind of conspiracy theorist. These figures are simply not adding up at all. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Im pretty sure the hospital beds are not active as the people who would normally be in it are at home and thus, the beds are saved for people who have the disease
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I am being paid $1350 a week for an unskilled labor job due to temporary pay increases because of coronavirus so if it is all a hoax that is fine by me.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Singularity
My wife's facebook friends tell her that Wylted gets paid 25 rubles every time he posts "The pandemic is a lie" on an English language website. 
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@oromagi
I want to screen shot the posts from the facebook group, but don't want any back lash towards these nurses as it is a private group. Quick question though. Do you think our trusted medical professionals are lying? Do you trust a sensationalist media over medical professionals? Why would all the nurses in that facebook group be lying? I also have cousins that are nurses. I will text them later to see if hospitals are significantly over crowded right now. 
Singularity
Singularity
Singularity
Singularity
Singularity
Singularity

The place with the worst of the "pandemic" outbreak has occurred 

Singularity
Singularity
I watched CNN the other day and they were reporting all hospitals are overwhelmed. 
Singularity
Singularity
People are literally dying of heart attacks because fascists are spreading rumor that we have a pandemic and people are afraid of having hospitals so busy they won't be treated. Every heart attack death that would have been prevented is the fault of people like oromagi spreading fake news
Singularity
Singularity
You seen all the articles about empty hospitals backed up by the united states Navy and we even have texas hospitals with layoffs because the hospitals are so empty. Now here is CNN directly tryi g to imply all hospitals are overloaded and that the pandemic is real contradicting nearly every medical professional in the country. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/brooklyn-hospital-coronavirus-patients-deaths/index.html
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
The government is bailing out empty hospitals with your taxes. That's why the Constitution was made to keep the government from taking this much control.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Greyparrot
Apparently the constitution did not work. I blame boomers. Fucking hippies who were anti government and free love until they gained power and once they had the reigns of government, they were like, okay having control of everything is awesome. 

Exactly why they destroyed small businesses, a few large corporations are easier to control than a million different small businesses. 

Their narrative is being crushed though when you look at conservative or libertarian like solutions destroying them. Linux is the best operating system and is basically libertarian spontaneous collectivism at work, while windows is the result of a top down hierarchy. Yellow cab is a fascist regime and the libertarian uber is destroying it. Hotels owned by big corporations are inherently fascist and they are losing tons of money to air BNB. Anytime liberal top down ideology like windows or yellow cab go against libertarian ideals in action like linux or uber,you see they are destroyed by an non partisan look at quality. 
Singularity
Singularity
Hell even protest groups like antifa which operate in a non hierarchical manner proving conservative ideals right, out perform their peers such as top down soros funded protest groups. Spontaneous order is right and wins every time. Look at debateart vs debate.org also. That site was destroyed due to an unresponsive top down approach will this community led site flourishes. Reality disproves liberalism over and over
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Singularity
Reality disproves liberalism over and over
Humans simply aren’t inherently good. The world isn’t inherently good
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@ILikePie5
I disagree. It would be harmful to my political position if I didn't think people were predominantly good. I think a society where people are mostly bad should be proof that liberal ideals are superior. At least their economic ideals. 

I think people should be allowed guns, because I think most people will act responsibly with them and not put me in harm's way. I believe in less restrictions on businesses becaus I think they are smart enough and well intentioned enough to put long term good over some short term profits. J think big corporations are evil and things with too much power don't get me wrong, which is why I want a free market. Restrictions usually benefit one company over another and as a result less people enter the market,meaning they get too much power and are corrupted by it, but in a conservative society less big business would exist. It would mostly be mom and pop shops, and you can depend on your neighbor to be honest with you and good towards you, and if not then unlike big corporations you can just go to another neighbor which would harm that person's livelihood. Etc etc ad nauseam 

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Singularity
I think it is very contagious but not as deadly as the media makes out to be.  What we have learned however is the infection control in nursing homes is horrible as well as NYC or pretty much any other crowded place.  Imagine for a moment if you will, I have the flu, how easily could I spread it in someplace like NYC if I wanted to?  Hopefully we as a society will learn from this and practice better hygiene and infection control, but I doubt it.  I imagine I'll be running the covid tests along with the flu this coming season so we'll see and I'll have a better personal opinion then.
btw there is little to no talk on the lab facebook pages I follow.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
People will always act in their own self-interest. Altruism is just fancy frosting on the turd of instinctive herd mentality.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Singularity
--> @oromagi
I want to screen shot the posts from the facebook group, but don't want any back lash towards these nurses as it is a private group.
That's okay.  I've certainly interacted enough with you to know that you can't be trusted as a reliable source of information.  Here is what you said about your own reliability just last  weekend:

"Why do you think I believe anything I say? "
"sometimes I just argue the opposite of what I believe so some schlub will do my research for me"
So an admitted disinformationist reports that he knows a person who knows some people who made a report anonymously on a social media website so unreliable that it failed to report its awareness of large illegal Russian media buys prior to the 2016  election.  My default position is that the opposite of any assertion made under such circumstance is more likely true.

Quick question though. Do you think our trusted medical professionals are lying?  Do you trust a sensationalist media over medical professionals?
I try not to trust sensationalist media full stop.  I suspect our definitions of sensationalist are quite different however.  For example, I would not call the NY Times or the Washington Post particularly sensationalist while you might if only because you sometimes argue the opposite of what you believe is true.

Why would all the nurses in that facebook group be lying?
Maybe they are just IRC posters with a mission to maximize the threat to Americans during a pandemic. Maybe they are old Pakistanis with a fetish for nurses.  Facebook has made it clear that it does not validate the authenticity of groups.
I also have cousins that are nurses. I will text them later to see if hospitals are significantly over crowded right now.
My mom is a retired nurse whose perspectives on nursing were featured in two textbooks on nursing.  She mentored hundreds of nurses and remains close to the the nursing community here. I have a sister who is a cop in Boston.  I have cousins who are surgeons in Chicago.   One of my closest friends is head nurse for a large retirement community in Albuquerque. Another friend is a pharmaceutical VP in San Francisco   My next door neighbor is an ER nurse at CU Anschutz.  Two neighbors across the street are nurses at Denver Presbyterian and St Josephs.  My brother's next door neighbor is an ER nurse at Denver Health.  The people I know are reporting unprecedented volumes of illness and death to me.  I am not relying on Facebook for facts.

I live in the hospital district of downtown Denver with 3 major hospitals less than 5 blocks from my house so my neighborhood is chock full of nurses and other health professionals.  For six weeks I have listened to the near constant wail of ambulances rushing past my house at easily ten times normal rates.  I have watched as Denver Pres put a giant white tent up in the parking lot with a sign EMERGENCY ROOM PATIENTS ENTER HERE. 

Worst of all, I live on the same block as one of the oldest mortuaries in the Denver Black community.  I have watched as the 2 or 3 funerals per day have become 10 fast and tiny funerals each day and I can't help but wonder what's in the new refrigerated truck behind the building.

I don't need to know some random dude on the internet's feelings about what his wife's facebook page says.  This plague  is a daily reality for me and my family and friends.

I know six people who have died and none have a funeral scheduled yet and 8 others who have been sick and  a fair number of "not really sures" and a surprising number of people whose status is unknown.  I am a first hand witness to the worst American plague in a century and I can say without fear of contradiction that Singularity is full of shit.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
Who stands to profit from a population fixated on negativity and panic?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
New York Times exposes the pandemic lie.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
Bill Maher exposes the lie.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Singularity
Let's recall that the USS Comfort went to NY as backup for non-coronavirus patients.  Since most non-virus patients chose to stay away from hospitals entirely, the backup capacity was underutilized.  For example, I am aware of two cases here in Denver- a sprained wrist and an asthma attack that would have been treated in an ER under normal circumstance but instead those afflicted chose to  tough it out at home rather than risk exposure.

The fact that worst-case scenario did not play out in NYC should not be misconstrued as evidence that the "pandemic is a lie."  Quite the opposite.  The over-response likely prevented tens of thousands of additional deaths.

Since you accept the US Navy as an accurate source let's note that  as of last Wednesday the Pentagon reports 3,578 US service members have tested positive for the virus with the caveat that the military considers accurate force availability numbers a State secret. The Navy reports that 40 ships have seen at least one case. Let's also note that the US Navy's top admiral now recommends reinstating the captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt who was fired for blowing the whistle on the top brass's non-response to a rapidly blooming pandemic that threatened the integrity of his ship.  That is, the Navy's current position is that the Secretary of the Navy under-reacted to the virus and that Capt. Crozier's public appeal was an appropriate if unapproved response.

Clearly the US Navy does not support Singularity's claim that "the pandemic is a lie"
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@oromagi
What about my sources showing hospitals are not over crowded. Even politifact has confirmed the conspiracies about empty hospitals is true. Here is one that shows the media is using fake images https://www.foxnews.com/media/cbs-news-admits-mistake-after-airing-footage-of-overcrowded-nyc-hospital-that-was-actually-in-italy

If the media's narrative is true, why would they lie? Think about it. If the truth is on your side,you would have zero reason to sensationalize, lie or practice any sort of phony alarmist. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
If the media's narrative is true, why would they lie? Think about it. If the truth is on your side,you would have zero reason to sensationalize, lie or practice any sort of phony alarmist. 

Bill Maher, who absolutely hates Trump's guts knows this is all an overblown lie.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@oromagi
The back up hospital wasn't used. So which Is it. Is it that every hospital is like a warzone which pandemic pushers are saying is true or is it true what people like me are saying, which is every hospital is not a warzone, despite the fact I have no doubt a small minority are overwhelmed 

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Greyparrot
I respect the fact bill Maher is not an NPC and actually looks at all the facts, even though he is usually wrong. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Singularity
This source unequivocably confirms the devastation of the coronavirus in the UK

"In the week ending 10 April there were around 18,500 deaths in England and Wales – about 8,000 more than could be expected at this time of the year. Only 6,200 of those deaths has been attributed to Covid-19. So what of the rest? Some could be due to undiagnosed infection, a theory that marries well with the fact that Britain has failed to implement widespread testing, but there are corollaries to any outbreak and we are beginning, in this tumbleweed-week, to sense their cost."
Singularity's source states that the pandemic is killing tens of thousands in England in direct opposition to Singularity's claim that the "pandemic is a lie"