Total: 74
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Singularity

The place with the worst of the "pandemic" outbreak has occurred
Singularity claims "New y9rk [sic] hospital are dead"  
then he cites an article in which the first line is "The coronavirus has led to jam-packed hospitals across New York City."

Both can't be true:  Shall we believe Singularity or his sources?  
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@oromagi
We are just arguing my premises right now. 

P1- the media is wrong about it's portrayals of all/most hospitals as overwhelmed 

P2- the only motive for doing that is to back up untrue claims, (true claims don't need lies, sensationalism etc.)

C1- seeing as how the media would only lie if they were wrong and they are wrong, it proves the coronavirus is not as bad as they are stating. 

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@oromagi
That article directly says new York's largest hospital is empty. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Singularity
I watched CNN the other day and they were reporting all hospitals are overwhelmed. 
ok

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@oromagi
Read the title if this article by CNN if you don't believe me 

Implying all hospitals are being overwhelmed 30 days ago

Singularity
Singularity
Oro how about a bet. If I can find one hospital not overwhelmed and provide evidence you send $500 to my paypal.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Singularity
People are literally dying of heart attacks because fascists are spreading rumor that we have a pandemic and people are afraid of having hospitals so busy they won't be treated. Every heart attack death that would have been prevented is the fault of people like oromagi spreading fake news
P1: Fascists like oromagi are spreading rumors of pandemic
P2: People are dying of heart attacks because they are afraid of ER volume
C1: Therefore, fascists like oromagi are responsible for untreated heart attack victims

P1: Singularity's own sources confirm the devastating extent of coronavirus pandemic.  Therefore major premise's assertion of "rumors' is shown to be false.
P2: I don't think it can be correctly said that people are staying away from ERs due to inaccurate fears about patient volume.  Rather, people are staying away from ERs due to accurate fears of contagion.  Singularity's minor premise is probably wrong but certainly unproven.
C1:Singularity's wrong conclusion stems from a false major premise and an unproven minor premise.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
I respect the fact bill Maher is not an NPC and actually looks at all the facts.

Usually, on the rare instances where the Orangemanbad crowd like Maher and NYT and sane people agree, you can be sure the truth is there.

Pandemic overblown is obvious.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Singularity
You seen all the articles about empty hospitals backed up by the united states Navy and we even have texas hospitals with layoffs because the hospitals are so empty. Now here is CNN directly tryi g to imply all hospitals are overloaded and that the pandemic is real contradicting nearly every medical professional in the country. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/brooklyn-hospital-coronavirus-patients-deaths/index.html
We''ve seen the US Navy confirm thousands of active service members impacted by the pandemic.

"directly trying to imply" is gobbledygook.  Either CNN is directly stating that all US hospitals are overloaded or CNN is indirectly implying that all US hospitals are overloaded.

Of course, Singularity is counting on folks not reading the link because the CNN article focuses  on a hospital with a 300 bed capacity struggling to support a hundred COVID cases in late March..

The closest CNN comes to Singularity's false assertion is "As is the case with many other hospitals across the country, Brookdale Hospital is struggling to keep up with the demand for resources as more patients come in."

Which even on Mar 30 was nothing less than quite true.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
Corona Curve is already flattened, yet panic news doesn't care.

They will cherrypick whatever images they need to keep their $50,000 dollar a day propagandist talking heads like Anderson Cooper paid. 

This guy has 110 million reasons not to give a fuck about you or the truth.

oromagi
oromagi
The government is bailing out empty hospitals with your taxes.

GP links to an opinion piece by the CEO of a healthcare staffing company who confirms that the pandemic is not a lie
"The coronavirus will continue to spread throughout the United States, but our ability to treat and prevent its transmission will be severely constrained if as-yet-unaffected hospitals resort to mass layoffs. We need to sustain robust staffing in every corner of this country—and prohibiting elective surgeries outright is wildly counterproductive."
Not reporting and not particularly relevant.

That's why the Constitution was made to keep the government from taking this much control
I guess GP is mad because the USFG is trying to prevent the collapse of rural hospitals?  Damn federal government prioritizing hospitals over what--- Wall St?  Defense contracts?

And an analysis from ProPublica and the Harvard Global Health Institute found that even in a "moderate case" scenario — where 40% of the adult population contracts the disease over the course of a year — the country would need to more than double available hospital beds by freeing up existing beds or adding new ones.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Shutup sheep.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@oromagi
Literally a video proving the media is lying https://youtu.be/KZHzKEqlvWI

They used a dummy and claimed it was a covid19 patient

Singularity
Singularity
Notice pro does not even challenge my premises, just the conclusions. He doesn't even challenge the structure of my arguments.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Singularity
They used a dummy and claimed it was a covid19 patient
you think that because a hospital wouldn't let a news crew film highly infectious patients, that this is evidence that there are no patients? that is dumb. 

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@HistoryBuff
Why would that mean they have to misrepresent stock footage? Hell it would be better to have a black screen and say they had no actual footage then to use stock footage and misrepresent it by lying through omission

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Singularity
Why would that mean they have to misrepresent stock footage? Hell it would be better to have a black screen and say they had no actual footage then to use stock footage and misrepresent it by lying through omission
lol you are familiar with how the news works right? they tell you the news and they show you a moving picture. there could be dozens of reasons why they wouldn't have the right footage. Human error, laziness, they couldn't get access to patients, patients wouldn't give them permission to use them, the cameraman was unwilling to risk his life etc. 

All of those would make much, much more sense than the idea that every government, every news agency, every hospital in the world all know this is fake and are all lying about it. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
All TV news is showbiznizz
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@HistoryBuff
I don't care about what makes sense at first glance. Hell that's why people believed the world was flat. I just care about what the evidence suggests
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Singularity
I don't care about what makes sense at first glance.
I fully believe that you don't care about what makes sense. 

I just care about what the evidence suggests
Your "evidence" was stock footage a news agency used while reporting the news. Which is something they do pretty much every day. That is, in no way whatsoever, evidence of a conspiracy.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@HistoryBuff
Why would it run stock footage behind a Corona virus story instead of actual footage. Hell no footage would be better than stock footage. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Singularity
Why would it run stock footage behind a Corona virus story instead of actual footage.
there could be dozens of reasons. Maybe the hospital wouldn't let them film there. Maybe the cameraman refused to endager his life to get the footage. Maybe the patients wouldn't sign off on being filmed. etc. There are a huge number of potential reasons why they might not have been able to get footage of the events they are describing. 

Hell no footage would be better than stock footage. 
you don't seem to be familiar with how TV works. They need a video to run with the story. If they don't have one, then it is radio, not TV. Stock footage is used for stories literally every single day. They don't have to go out and film every event on the planet to be able to report that those events happen. The fact that you are trying to use that to justify an insane theory just further highlights that you don't actually care about reality or facts, you just want to twist reality to fit the narrative you choose to believe. 
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
The OP is more conspiracy theorist nonsense. The extent of the virus may be overblown (too soon to tell, though numbers are looking "flu like") however all of those #FilmYourHospital videos are incredibly stupid and prove nothing.

I had no idea so many people were conspiracy theorists until Covid19. Lol @ Bill Gates' mission to depopulate the world through 5G. 
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Danielle
If it is overblown than you are literally siding with the conspiracy theorists who acknowledge the media is sensationalist
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Singularity
If it is overblown than you are literally siding with the conspiracy theorists who acknowledge the media is sensationalist
Danielle literally said "too soon to tell". You took that to mean that they somehow agree when they were extremely clear that you are engaging in "conspiracy theorist nonsense". Do you really not see how you are trying to twist reality into agreeing with your delusions? 

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@HistoryBuff
I think it is pointless to talk to you. You keep trying to side step facts and talk past me. You have failed to even acknowledge that the media sometimes sensationalizes things. While I acknowledge every fact you bring to me.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Singularity
I realize he's been banned. but thought i'd answer anyway in case he makes a 2nd account. 

You have failed to even acknowledge that the media sometimes sensationalizes things. 
i have never denied they do that. They do that all the time. But that has nothing to do with whether the pandemic is a lie. It very, very much exists and is killing hundreds of thousands of people. 

While I acknowledge every fact you bring to me.
lol you twist facts to fit your predetermined narrative. A journalist used stock footage? must be a giant global conspiracy!! It couldn't possibly be something much more rational. 

Acknowledging a fact exists and then immediately twisting it into your nonsense narrative is still really intellectually dishonest. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Singularity
My wife is part of a facebook group of nurses and they are all reporting less work than normal and being bored.

Same here in the UK.  My sons wife has been sent home a few times now. Yet we have Nightingale hospitals sprouting up all over England and Wales where only 46 were admitted to one of these hospitals with half that number being discharged within a week. It is not recorded a single patient (as of yet) being admitted to any other of these throw-up hospitals.

All this of course was caused by the hysterical fear monger in chief Professor Neil Ferguson of Imperial Collage. He  advises the government at the moment. Heruns model prediction data that supposedly predict how many deaths there will be caused by Covid 19 & other crisis.

Ferguson has predicted the cost of lifting the lockdown  now could "without doubt" cost the lives of 100,000 lives in the UK. A quick search of Fergusons’ accuracy in predictions using his sophisticated model is FKN dismal.  Bird flu he predicted 200 million  deaths globally, there were just 282. Swine flu he predicted 65,000 death in the UK, there were only 457.  And there was Mad Cow disease where Ferguson said - using his so ,so sophisticated model, that there would be over 50,000, the result was just 177. He predicted 500,000 deaths total for Covid.   This is the complete buffoon that the UK government are listening to and taking advice from. 

They will keep grasping for more deaths now to be added to the death list to justify this house arrest that they have the worlds population under.  We have been told today the the UK "may have hit is peak". If this is the case  then the figures of around 26,000 deaths  - put down to covid 19 are not higher than the deaths from influenza for the 2018-2019 period,  and not a single word was ever said about that .

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Stephen
This is the ahitty thing about the situation. A lot of these types of viruses actually become less deadly as time passes. They are using projections that are the worst case scenarios, while many experts who are equally as qualified had projections of deaths as way lower.  Why did they automatically assume the worst case scenarios were true when that is almost never the case. The bad thing us that the ridiculously low number of deaths will be touted as a success by them, and they will never admit the projections were just wrong 
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@HistoryBuff
Why do you think journalists sensationalizing things means there has to be some big coordinates conspiracy? 

The pandemic narrative while harmful over all, is good business for the media. Sensationalism sells, and the media is kinda a purveyor of perceived truth. 

Dis you know members of the media knew of the Epstein stuff like a full year before the general public, but decided not to report on it because of prince Andrew's involvement with Epstein? 

This doesn't mean there is some coordinated global conspiracy.  It could just mean that a few people know the truth and just ignored it because it benefited them and because they have so much influence everyone took their cuse from them. 

The media benefits from sensationalism, so it makes sense that they would interpret things in a certain way if it helps them. We all as humans have a bias. Coincidentally politicians who gain power from a "pandemic" and who tend to be narcissistic because narcissists seek that sort of power. Now have an excuse for a convenient interpretation of the facts that give them more absolute control over a population,  and the fact is that it allows them to live out an internal fantasy of being saviors to the people they have control over. 

When we get counsel in life they come from different angles. Businesses will often hire consultants in a crisis such as legal consultants. 

Legal consultants will tell them to stone wall, keep their mouths shut and to reduce liability maybe even slow down production. Legal counsel will do this because they are o ly concerned about insulating the business from legal problems. 

The business might also hire a public relations person who advises them to restore their pu license image from such an accident to open up and admit fault. Show the public the steps they are taking to rectify the problem and to be an open book. You see the public relations person only cares about restoring public trust and has no concern about the legal ramifications a business may face by doing that. 

Businesses have many such consultants, it may be 20 suggesting 20 different things that are equally as conflicting as above. This is why you don't just give experts control over how you treat a situation they do not have a balanced view.

What the United States government and many state and local governments are doing is leaning on public health experts almost exclusively, and ignoring economists, legal experts on the legality of these measures and many more different types of consultants.  These public health experts only care about one thing. Stopping any spread of disease at all. They will not ever give the green light to open society back up. We will all die of starvation from the eco omy collapsing and the public health experts will only think of whether it is 100% safe to open up, which will never happen. 

We are only leaning on public health experts, and like the example businesses above who would fail if they only relied on one type of expert, we are following suit. 

You see all the people who have incentive to believe in a very very dangerous pandemic, are pushing that narrative, and the general public are naive. Hell ragnar who believes the pandemic is real is saying the officials are lying and that the 4% numbers they spread are closer to just below 1%. 

Read above what Stephen said. His wife is a nurse and he is saying that she is personally reporting that not every single hospital is a warzone like the media is saying. 

My argument has been that this thing is a little over blown.  I think the facts are with me here. Would you like to debate me on whether some of the media and some politicians have engaged in exaggerations during this "crisis".?