Tara Reade and the Hypocritical Left

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 60
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@ILikePie5
To be fair, most lefties think that Trump is also a rapist. Maybe they'd rather vote for the left-wing rapist over the conservative one?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@bmdrocks21
Maybe they'd rather vote for the left-wing rapist over the conservative one?
Ya but see, they supposedly hold the moral high ground. Plus this is a very progressive issue. Pro Bernie stuff is already trending everywhere.
warren42
warren42
Sigh

Another post about "leftists" without knowing (or caring to properly use) the difference between leftists and liberals. The vast majority of leftists weren't going to vote Biden before any accusations, her word was enough before this emerged, and they certainly aren't voting Biden now.

Many liberals, on the other hand, are showing hypocrisy in this. Believe all women until it's politically inconvenient. It's utter bullshit.

Situations that I see playing out:

- Biden gets slammed on this, loses
- Biden gets replaced by anyone other than Bernie, Trump slams the DNC (and rightly so) for being illegitimate and corrupt and the DNC nom becomes a sacrificial lamb, they get slaughtered
- Biden gets replaced by Bernie, all these dumbass "blue no matter who #resist" libs have to face the reality that they don't believe their own bullshit and don't vote for Bernie, Bernie gets slaughtered, and the Dems then use it to shit on progressives' electability for years to come.

I was bullish on Trump winning already, at this point I'd give it >75% chance Trump wins.

I agree the media should be paying more attention to this, but to be fair, all anyone is covering is Covid19. 
I think this is also a valid point. Definitely deserves significantly more attention but I can see some level of justification.
warren42
warren42
-->
@bmdrocks21
To be fair, most lefties think that Trump is also a rapist. Maybe they'd rather vote for the left-wing rapist over the conservative one?
I have seen many liberals comparing the number of accusations, which is disgusting, as if they're justifying voting Biden because "he's sexually assaulted fewer women" as if that's a measuring stick a first world country should be using. Casual reminder that 0 is the only acceptable number of sexual assaults to commit.

I've also seen many of them telling actual leftists (aka not the same as liberals, we're talking anyone Bernie or further here) that you need to vote Biden because he's "the lesser of two evils" (same shit they said about Hillary) and they "understand" if you're a sexual assault survivor and can't bring yourself to vote for someone who allegedly assaulted a woman, as if only victims of sexual assault are the ones who should be appalled by it or something. Once again disgusting. The hoops liberals are jumping through here are abhorrent.

Now don't get any ideas any of you pro-Trumpers, I hate him more than Biden and I'm certainly not on "your side" here.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
The hoops liberals are jumping through here are abhorrent.
Glad we agree. Question is, u still gonna vote for Biden?
warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
Where in that would you possibly have thought I would "still" be voting for Biden? After I proceeded to shit on every reason liberals are using to justify their continuation of support for him, you thought that was a question you needed to ask?

You're also implying that I ever had intentions of voting for him. His entire campaign is predicated on not being Trump, being Obama's VP, and maintaining the status quo. Some of the most important issues to me are full, nationwide marijuana legalization (I don't smoke myself, primarily because it's completely victimless and as means to an end of an easy and massive first step in justice system reform), justice system/prison reform, gun rights, drastic reductions in departments like the NSA, and environmental sustainability. Biden checks none of those boxes. I'll be waiting for the Libertarian primary to finish up and be deciding between their nominee and the Green Party nominee. My politics are in a weird limbo right now and I'll likely have to compromise on some important issues in order to support either of those candidates.

So no, I won't "still" be voting for Biden, nor did I ever intend to.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ILikePie5
Aren't u a liberal Biden supporter etc.
Nope.

I'm British and apolitical and do not vote for anyone.

Or perhaps I should say I have never felt compelled to vote for anyone. In so much as I have never thought that my way of life has ever been under threat and I am apolitical in so much as I have never aligned myself with any political organisation.

I nonetheless still like to observe political machinations, especially the U.S. Presidential circus.

And so let me ask you....Do you think that Trump has been the Ringmaster or the Clown.

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@warren42
You're definitely on our side. Give us four more years to fill up those courts. High quality real nice :)

I think that most lefties aren't not voting for Biden because of the allegations (which are probably true). I could be wrong about this, but it seems like they want the DNC to know that if they want power, they will have to go more left on their policies to court their vote.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
So no, I won't "still" be voting for Biden, nor did I ever intend to.
A man of principles. Respect.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@zedvictor4
Do you think that Trump has been the Ringmaster or the Clown.
Ringmaster.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Any comments?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ILikePie5
Why would Christine Ford fake her accusation?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Why would Christine Ford fake her accusation?
Cause she’s a Democrat and doesn’t want Kavanaugh on the bench.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ILikePie5
You can apply the same logic for everything, Tara Reade quit her job because she doesnt like Biden but since she is a democrat, she endorsed him and will vote for him

Its BS
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You can apply the same logic for everything, Tara Reade quit her job because she doesnt like Biden but since she is a democrat, she endorsed him and will vote for him

Its BS
Then why would she willingly accuse him of something that would drag down his campaign?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ILikePie5
attention and for MONEY!!!!!!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
attention and for MONEY!!!!!!
It’s possible. I’m not entirely sold either. Just here to ridicule Democrats who were all over Kavanaugh with far fewer evidence.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ILikePie5
dont believe their shit even if it is against a democrat, it only fuels this terrible problem even more

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
dont believe their shit even if it is against a democrat, it only fuels this terrible problem even more
You fight fire with fire. They didn’t let it go when there wasn’t evidence. I’m sure as hell not letting go considering there is an abundance of evidence
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@warren42
Are you a fan of Milton Freidman?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi
Any comments?
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
-->
@ILikePie5
i dont automatically trust women. innocent until proven guilty. much of the time i believe the man. plus, trump has more sex assault accusations (plus the admission on access hollywood) anyway, so if anything it's something that factors against him more than anything. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@n8nrgmi
i dont automatically trust women. innocent until proven guilty. much of the time i believe the man. plus, trump has more sex assault accusations (plus the admission on access hollywood) anyway, so if anything it's something that factors against him more than anything. 
Does more sexual allegations make it ok to vote for a person with less allegations? Because there’s far more evidence here.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@n8nrgmi
I think at this point Biden should drop out. He was already running a "lesser of 2 evils" kind of campaign. Asking people to hold their nose and vote for someone bad, because he is less bad. Now that there is a credible rape allegation against him, if he actually cares about the things he claims to care about he should drop out. 

I doubt he could beat trump if the election was today. And in cases like this, there is usually another shoe to drop. Pretending like the accusation is completely unfounded is obviously a lie and will tank his campaign. 

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@HistoryBuff
by saying u think he should drop out u r essentially saying u believe the accuser. it's innocent until proven guilty

also, if he dropped out, that would mean bernie would likely to get the nomination, and then lose to trump. i know u like to live in ur alternate reality, but if biden got twice the vote bernie did, it's not possible more independents and conservatives would suddenly do what democrats wouldn't do, and be more likely to vote for bernie than biden if he had the nomination. we need to beat trump. i know u also live in an alternate reality in thinking the progressive agenda is best served by trump winning, but all u will do is ensure conservatives win from now on. dems need to and will cater to moderates, not the far left. besides, biden already has the most progressive agenda in history, and supports much of the left on healthcare and student loans and social security taxes etc. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@n8nrgmi
by saying u think he should drop out u r essentially saying u believe the accuser. it's innocent until proven guilty
I'm saying that the allegation is credible. That it needs to be investigated and it will almost certainly tank his campaign. Especially since they have proven they have no intention of actually doing anything about it. They want to ignore it and hope it goes away. 

I, like alot of people, thought the allegations against kavanaugh warranted him being kept off the supreme court. These allegations are just as serious, and arguable even more credible. for people to argue that kavanaugh needed to be kept off the supreme court, but that biden should become president is rank hypocrisy. 

also, if he dropped out, that would mean bernie would likely to get the nomination, and then lose to trump
disagree. Bernie is much more likely to win. Especially since no one thinks he is a rapist. 

i know u like to live in ur alternate reality, but if biden got twice the vote bernie did, it's not possible more independents and conservatives would suddenly do what democrats wouldn't do
this is a much bigger can of worms, but Biden won, in large part, due to the cards being stacked in his favor. No one, especially the media, was willing to actually point out his record and how terrible it is. Independents are much more likely to turn up for Bernie than Biden. 

. we need to beat trump. i know u also live in an alternate reality in thinking the progressive agenda is best served by trump winning, but all u will do is ensure conservatives win from now on.
no, nominating someone that almost no one actually wants to turn up to vote for, someone who has received extremely little vetting, someone who is now an accused rapists, that is ensuring that the right wins. 

dems need to and will cater to moderates, not the far left
And this is why they will lose. The idea that there are a large number of people who exist between the far right republicans, and the right wing democrats is a myth. For every vote you get in that group, you lose 10 from people on the left. 

besides, biden already has the most progressive agenda in history, and supports much of the left on healthcare and student loans and social security taxes etc. 
you;'re joking right? He has promised that nothing will change under his presidency. He has a history of advocating for cutting social security. He has promised to veto progressive health care plans. He is the enemy of progressives. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@HistoryBuff
so you think moderates and republicans are more progressive than democrats? you must think that, if you think bernie is more electable in the general when he lost so spectacularly in the primary

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@n8nrgmi
so you think moderates and republicans are more progressive than democrats? you must think that, if you think bernie is more electable in the general when he lost so spectacularly in the primary
No, I think there are millions of americans who don't belong to either party because they are both full of corruption and are both right wing. There is no party that actually tries to do anything but pay the slightest of lip service to the left. 

Also, one of the main reasons Biden managed to win is because the party and the media worked hard to keep any kind of criticism of biden from being made. That kind of active cover up works on the Democratic base because they watch alot of MSNBC and CNN. On the rest of the population, that is much less effective. Especially once trump and the republicans start actually pointing out what a terrible candidate he is.

All of the criticism of Bernie has been made already. There is no new dirt to come out in the general. Virtually none of the dirt on biden has been covered in the mainstream media. You can be damn sure it will come up in a general election. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ILikePie5
it is bs
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
it is bs