Finally evidence covid19 is a hoax

Author: Singularity

Total: 43
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
The virus is like the straw that broke the camels back for hospitals. Many hospitals are understaffed as is. But dont conflate news numbers with actual numbers. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Singularity
That's America.

That's business.

Signing off now.

So have a nice day.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@blamonkey
Covid-19 has a higher fatality rate than influenza, regardless of what demographic we're talking about. 
Compare the increase of the number of deaths from COVID to the seasonal flu deaths with the amount of pure bullshit increase of panic media covering last year's seasonal flu to this year's COVID.

It's not even remotely proportional. Not even close. 

We have a good control study from the cruise ships that were tested at a 100% rate, so we know the death rate is around  .7% controlling for the average age of people being tested.

That's .6% more than the seasonal flu, hardly a reason for this level of panicked world reaction considering that number will be alot lower over time as the public develops herd immunity. 

Many more healthy young people are going to die in swimming pools than from COVID. Many more healthy middle-aged people are going to die in swimming pools than COVID. We know who the flu kills. It's by a very very large margin unhealthy old people, but it's the young healthy people that are told by the media to panic. It's fucking wrong.

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@Greyparrot
CDC data pegs the number of flu deaths at about 35,000 in the 2018-2019 flu season (1). Not accounting for the possibility of under-counting Covid cases, the current death toll attributed to Covid-19 is over 50,000 (2). This death toll increased rapidly in a matter of a few months, and is still killing off more Americans per day than any other disease (see my previous response's source). Also, let's talk about false-negatives. Estimates of false negatives are scant, but available research suggests that the false negative rate is 15% for the faster variety of tests (3). Getting a clear, post-mortem diagnosis, as it turns out, is difficult, and subject to CDC procedures that involve looking at medical histories, autopsies, lab tests, and current medical records (4). States beset by a torrential deluge of Covid-19 patients are unlikely to to up to date with death rates when hospital beds are filled with withering patients. This is not to say that the way that states go about analyzing records is at all uniform. Alabama, for instance, excludes those who tested positive for Covid-19 but didn't suffer from respiratory issues (5). When ProPublica compiled data on Covid-19 hotspots in multiple states, they found that the number of deaths not taking place in a nursing home or hospital had jumped in NY from 35 deaths per day (the average rate of at-home death from 2013-2017) to nearly 200 (5). Similar findings were observed in Detroit (5). An increase in at home deaths deserves mention because it illustrates that more people are dying under circumstances that would preclude a definite diagnosis. This problem is compounded by the fact that the first person who died from the virus did so weeks before what was previously thought, indicating that the unusually high flu rate could have been mistaken for Covid-19 (6) (7).

Maybe the virus is not the equivalent of a nuclear weapon, and maybe it will dissipate soon (I hope so for the sake of my job and continued higher education) but the rates of death and infection between the flu and Covid-19 are hardly comparable given the data we have now. 

Sources

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@blamonkey
And what does it even matter out of the 3 million deaths annually looking at 50,000?

The proportionality is completely out of whack to the panic induced response.

Especially among the young and healthy.
blamonkey
blamonkey
-->
@Singularity
It comes down to consumer demand. If people aren't willing to purchase goods (which is likely even after business are reopened, if data collected after Covid-19 dominated the media cycle but before shut-down orders were instituted is to be believed) then companies will idle, laying off employees they cannot afford while waiting for consumer demand to come back, assuming these companies open up to begin with. Essential businesses in retail, despite seeing a boost in March while everyone was splurging on toilet paper, retail sales have since declined precipitously. I've said as much in my previous response. I certainly am not going to be purchasing a ticket to a movie, going on a cruise-ship, or going into a congested mall anytime soon.

Your distaste of boomers aside, they comprise roughly a third of the US workforce (1).

blamonkey
blamonkey
-->
@Greyparrot
Efforts to quash the virus have proved successful so far, but that could change if we don't act with due diligence. The fact that in a matter of months, death rates are already that high is a troubling signal of more death to come. Also, death counts are far lower than what is accurate, so it could already be many more. In any case, we get a pretty good idea what would happen in the event that the government and people don't change their behavior: 2.2 million deaths (1). This is, of course, unlikely, but would nevertheless out us over that 4 million figure. If states are re-opened, I'll grant that not many would want to venture out of their homes to buy stuff, (again, there is still a pandemic ravishing parts of the nation) but there would certainly be some of those that aren't willing to self-isolate going outside, breathing in the fresh air, and sitting on park benches. The possibility of reinfection is not 0, which is evident in South Korea, when 51 patients that supposedly recovered from the virus came down with it a again (2).

Many could have died under the purported diagnosis of influenza, but have actually had the Covid-19 virus (see previous response). 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@blamonkey
 In any case, we get a pretty good idea what would happen in the event that the government and people don't change their behavior: 2.2 million deaths.

This isn't anywhere near accurate from our 100% tested sample populations from cruise ships.

blamonkey
blamonkey
-->
@Greyparrot
Of course, this is assuming maximum, unmitigated spread and no reaction from the public. Let's do some math though. The Lancet report using the Diamond Princess data puts the mortality rate at .66% (1). (That said, other studies have differing results depending on location and sample size, but filling the lacuna of research is pivotal). It's also, if the research is to be believed, 33x more deadly than the flu (1).
Multiply the percentage by the total US population of 328.2 million people. You get roughly 2.2 million. Am I under the impression that it this would happen? Not in the slightest. Municipalities, states, and the federal government have taken steps to hamper the spread of the virus, which is why the death rate is lower than it could have been if we instead responded with apathy. Reopening will facilitate the spread of the virus, putting states and medical institutions under duress. In some cases, people with potentially fatal medical qualms will be unable to seek medical help as beds are predominantly occupied by Covid patients, which may cause indirect deaths as well. Doctors might start relying on triage, in which they determine who is worth treating and who isn't as those who previously had the virus possibly come down with it again. Under perfect conditions, Dr. Birx estimates that 200,000 will die (2). She furthers, suggesting that estimates in the millions could only manifest if people do little to nothing to combat the virus (2). As states reopen, people defy stay-at-home orders, and prisons become breeding grounds for this virus, it is hard to say that we are "perfect" in our response. 
Also, as I've already mentioned, the death toll is higher than what is officially reported. Unreported and un-diagnosed deaths indicate that the virus has infected more people than previously thought. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@blamonkey
Where's your data from the controlled cruise ship statistics?

They demonstrate .4% on the low end and .66% on the high end. Nowhere near anything you have cited.

Young healthy people continue to be bombarded with false panic media.

The death rate for young healthy people is <.01%

Citing month old articles isn't the strongest information we have right now.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Singularity
Show me any evidence that YouTube is a reliable news source. To paraphrase the hospitaler in Kingdom of Heaven: "I put no stock in YouTube. By the word YouTube I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination of media be called the will of Truth. 
blamonkey
blamonkey
-->
@Greyparrot
.66 is the data I cited.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Singularity

What do you have to say about ragnar's video that sides with precisely what I am saying?
I say that ham pairs well with the egg on your face.  I love how your conspiracy theorist is triumphing in his observational "discovery" of a mannequin proving cover-up.  He's carefully doing freeze frames and close-ups "if you can't see that this is a doll then there is nothing I can do for you" " slam-dunk, 110%" while failing to observe the word MANNEQUIN printed above the doll's head.  I suppose everything must seem like a conspiracy theory to those who don't read signs.- all those mysterious  lizard sheeple who receive secret government instructions about when to yield and which off-ramp to take to the airport.