Why the word "ni33er$" is appropriate and the inherent racism of this site

Author: Singularity

Total: 55
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
I am being banned for using the word nigger. I want to make it clear that I have identified as a black female my entire time on the site and my use of the word nigger is entirely appropriate from a cultural perspective, though certainly non blacks should not be using the term, unless it is a sexual thing. I can get into some race play. With that said, the word was used to highlight the inherent racism of a certain user here, and to be honest most of the people on this site are racist. I would not have believed this before joining the site and identifying as a black female.

The racism is more covert than you would think. It isn't an active hatred other than a few exceptions that will be unnamed. The racism generally comes in two varieties here. The first variety is the inconsiderate nature of wealthy whites who are the majority of this site. The second variety is often in the same folks, but it is them looking at us as children. 

I'll show some examples. I was arguing that the media maybe sensationalizes some things and that the coronavirus though serious id likely overblown. I also pointed out that the shut down could permanently harm poor people. However we had a certain user come in and argue that us "niggers" being poorer was good for society, as it would somehow result in lower mortality rates across the board but  obviously mostly lower mortality rates for whites. I immediately recognized his racism for what it was. He didn't use the word nigger, but I wanted to use it in order to expose his closeted racism and lack of concern for how public policy will affect people of color outside of his gated community. I merely reworded what he said, but removed the coded language portion so people could see the user's true intent. 

I don't even think this is the hating kind of racism, more like the indifference towards the black community and how we are affected by policy. It is not the first time I have seen this affect. Often liberals will argue for policies that harm the black community like abortion which kills 50% of blacks before they are born, or for them to argue for social welfare programs that destroy the family making it harder to get rid of income disparities between white and black communities. I want to say it isn't motivated by a desire to harm us, but by something even worse, an indifference as to what happens to us when these policies are put into place. 

Besides the indifference, I am often handled with kid gloves around here. I don't know if it is because I am black or because I am a woman, but I think it is mostly due to my skin color. I am used to this. I have been told what I should believe in or who I should vote for. I am even told I am supposed to hate white straight men, despite them giving me the best sex of my life. I am not a child. My skin color does not make me a child. The racism on this site is out of hand and I am sick of you treating me like a nigger instead of a human being. 

I have shown tremendous strength in the face of this racism, and I hope you guys all reconsider being racist and maybe checking yourself
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
-->
@Singularity
I understand that using the prejudiced N word is offensive on its own, but Ni33er$ means nothing at all. it is just typographic nonsense. if you see %f&kHd( does it mean anything?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
this is ridiculous
Barney
Barney

Jokes aside, the original short ban decision is as follows:
Date: 4/25/2020
Moderator: Joint decision

Singularity will receive a three-day ban for excessive trolling and hate speech. Recent examples: This and this.

Out of respect for their multiple ongoing debates, this will a short ban, timed to minimize any interference with said debates.

And the two specified parts of the CoC:

Slurs or invective against an entire class of people (such as racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, transphobic, ageist, and ableist slurs, or slurs against religious, political, ethnic, or national groups) are prohibited when aimed against other users. Whether aimed against other users or not, hate speech is treated as aggravating factor in weighing moderation responses to other violations of the COC. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc., is not a legitimate excuse for hate speech.

Trolling is the use of inflammatory language or extreme and unsupported claims aimed at provoking a negative emotional response. Excessive trolling is strongly discouraged and is prohibited when it significantly interferes with site user experience.

Repeatedly using racist slang for an entire class of people, while proclaiming: "Go fuck yourself racist." is simply unacceptable when there is nothing racist about what the person wrote. This isn't a he said she said situation, we have precisely what everyone wrote.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
Repeatedly using racist slang for an entire class of people, 
So black people cannot use the N word?

while proclaiming: "Go fuck yourself racist." is simply unacceptable when there is nothing racist about what the person wrote. This isn't a he said she said situation, we have precisely what everyone wrote.
Calling someone a racist is bannable? Jeez Louise, what have we come to.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
this is ridiculous
Utter bull shit. Banning a person for calling some a racist? That’s the biggest bs I’ve ever seen.
Barney
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
So black people cannot use the N word?
It remains hate speech no matter who says it, which is by itself not punished. It does however aggravate acts of excessive trolling.

Calling someone a racist is bannable? Jeez Louise, what have we come to.
When done as excessive trolling, yes.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
It remains hate speech no matter who says it, which is by itself not punished. It does however aggravate acts of excessive trolling.
So the N word is inherently racist? I thought we agreed it wasn’t. 

When done as excessive trolling, yes.
How is calling someone a racist multiple times trolling?
Barney
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
Read post #4.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
Read post #4.
What specifically in Post #4. If you think he was wrong in claiming Oro was racist, that’s your opinion. Being wrong doesn’t constitute a ban.
Barney
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
Hate speech, excessive trolling. I could start listing other violations such as direct attacks, but the first two should be enough for you to get the gist.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
Hate speech,
We agreed that the N world doesn’t inherently cause a ban

excessive trolling. 
And I asked you a question which you have not acknowledged 

I could start listing other violations such as direct attacks, but the first two should be enough for you to get the gist.
I’m asking for transparency. The way it looks to me is that just because you agreed with Oro, you banned Singularity.
Barney
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
Hate speech,
We agreed that the N world doesn’t inherently cause a ban
And no one has yet been banned just for using it. Rather it's been used solely as a contributing factor.

excessive trolling. 
And I asked you a question which you have not acknowledged 
Please repeat your question.

I could start listing other violations such as direct attacks, but the first two should be enough for you to get the gist.
I’m asking for transparency. The way it looks to me is that just because you agreed with Oro, you banned Singularity.
If Oromagi started Sieg Heiling or something, I missed it. When did Oro say anything about any inherent superiority of one race or inferiority of another? If it's there, I'll admit I was wrong.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Danielle
@Greyparrot
@Barney
@ILikePie5
@oromagi
What oro said was inherently racist. Pushing policies that harm the black community is a racist thing. Ragnars entire ban on me rests on the premise that in order for racism to be real, we need to focus on somebody's expressed motives. His assumption is that people don't hide their motives. I think a better way to find out if somebody is racist, is to inspect whether their policy positions cause harm to the black community. For some odd reason this was easy to do when the policy positions were based on whether we should have slavery, now it is much more subtle.

We know that abortions kill 50% of black babies before they are even born. It is clear that anyone pro abortion is pushing a racist thing. However if I call somebody a racist for supporting the murder of "n words" than I will be banned. 

It is clear that the "war on poverty" has destroyed the black family. Several studies confirm this. We have a correlation between efforts I  the war on poverty and single motherhood. It is racist to push a "war on poverty " at least how the war on poverty is conducted now, but I will be banned if I call somebody racist for pushing a racist policy. This is absurd .
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Singularity
but I will be banned if I call somebody racist for pushing a racist policy. This is absurd .
Leftists can’t stand it when they’re accused of racism
Barney
Barney
-->
@Singularity
"Ragnars entire ban on me rests on the premise that in order for racism to be real"
Simply untrue. You were banned for: "excessive trolling and hate speech."
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
The way I see it:

In the 1810s, blacks were slaves.

In the 1910s, blacks were 2nd class citizens.

In the 2010s, they got equal rights in pretty much everything.

If we continue this trend, will blacks eventually have more rights than whites?  Will whites eventually be enslaved in the name of social justice? Many people think I'm crazy, but I don't see an end to black people getting rights, even if it's more rights than white people get legally.  The N word is a start.  Then they will say we can't rap.  Then they will say we can't have fun because of so called, "White privilige".  Next, it's going to be something more serious, such as a white person tax that white people have to pay.  When will this end?
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@ILikePie5
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Barney
How is it hate speech if it is being used to show oro is a racist. Which he is? Excessive trolling is stupid also, I was having a heated debate and my premises weren't touched. If I provided no premises you would have an argument
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Alec
Just stop. This is why my fellow blacks don't want to join the conservative cause. You are letting the Jews divide and conquer us
Barney
Barney
-->
@Singularity
Slurs or invective against an entire class of people (such as racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, transphobic, ageist, and ableist slurs, or slurs against religious, political, ethnic, or national groups) are prohibited when aimed against other users. Whether aimed against other users or not, hate speech is treated as aggravating factor in weighing moderation responses to other violations of the COC. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc., is not a legitimate excuse for hate speech.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Barney
Are you with the people threatening me. Be honest? Trying to shut me up? 
Barney
Barney
-->
@Singularity
Are you with the people threatening me. 
Nope. But please do report any threats which have been made against you.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
Honestly, as a white male, I would never say the word nigger in face to face conversation unless I was around black people I knew were cool with it with no whites around to be offended.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Greyparrot
I can say as a black woman, not only do I not mind it, my pussy gets wet when a white guy calls me the n word
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
I think the reason most whites get so offended is because they desperately want to erase the past. The word is more of a slur on their skin color than any other skin shade.

Most Blacks I know don't take any whites seriously for precisely that reason. They refuse to be real. Like one word from a white-skinned mouth is going to actually do anything to a black person in 2020. GTFO. Most blacks think whites are straight-up pussies. It's cute they think they could intimidate anyone with a single word.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Greyparrot
Don't know why the think of whites as pussies, when you look at combat sports that closely resemble street fights like MMA, than whites dominate. However when you look at combat sports that don't resemble actual street fights like boxing whites do worse but it seems to show they are bad fighters, which is why they generally get scared of one on one fights and only fight in groups
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
The best experience of my life was spending time with members of an exclusively all-black fraternity at Ole Miss (a historically racist college)... they would let me attend some of their open social events.

I really for the first time understood how everything was in someone else's shoes. I never felt so small and stupid in my whole life trying to relate to those guys. Later in the military, I spent a lot of time with the family of one of my black friends. The culture shock is real.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
True racism is treating a race as less than other(s) people have outlawed some words because a few people with loud voices have said its offensive. Just ignore those people, if a person is actually offended, then you can apologise. But if they are being offended for someone else. They need jesus.
Marko
Debates: 0
Marko
-->
@Singularity
If you look for racism everywhere, you will find it. Which doesn’t mean it is everywhere or even anywhere.