five reasons it's stupid to vote for trump

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 111
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
here are five reasons it's stupid to vote for trump....

1. he wants to kick millions off their health insurance, and he has no plans to replace it. he's talked about getting people healthcare but is a stooge to the republicans so he won't do it

2. he wants to allow companies to pollute mercury into the environment, which is a serious neurotoxin. among all the other pollutants he's cool with

3. his center piece for legislation that he could actually get through congress, is a give away to the wealthy and tax cuts are stupid to do during good economic times. how is it wise to borrow against your kids to fund the government? 

4. he wants enact no gun control, despite the fact that gun control works according to the best science out there, according to the scientific consensus. he talks like he wants more background checks, but is a stooge to the NRA

5. he has no plan to transition us to alternative energy, and got us out of the Paris accord to reduce air pollution. if carbon dioxide is the highest it's been in millions of years, and twice what it's been for hundreds of thousands of years, and it causes global warming according to the scientific consensus, maybe we shouldn't be putting so much in the air? just a thought. i'm mostly worried about droughts due to global warming. 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@n8nrgmi
1. he wants to kick millions off their health insurance, and he has no plans to replace it. he's talked about getting people healthcare but is a stooge to the republicans so he won't do it
ObamaCare caused middle class families to be more plunged in debt

2. he wants to allow companies to pollute mercury into the environment, which is a serious neurotoxin. among all the other pollutants he's cool with
Exxageration. Weakening =/= allowing
3. his center piece for legislation that he could actually get through congress, is a give away to the wealthy and tax cuts are stupid to do during good economic times. how is it wise to borrow against your kids to fund the government? 
Your forgetting about the middle class

4. he wants enact no gun control, despite the fact that gun control works according to the best science out there, according to the scientific consensus. he talks like he wants more background checks, but is a stooge to the NRA
This is an outright lie. He wants to reduce gun control, and even considered increasing it. You are lying here
5. he has no plan to transition us to alternative energy, and got us out of the Paris accord to reduce air pollution. if carbon dioxide is the highest it's been in millions of years, and twice what it's been for hundreds of thousands of years, and it causes global warming according to the scientific consensus, maybe we shouldn't be putting so much in the air? just a thought. i'm mostly worried about droughts due to global warming. 
We won't transition to it for a while. It takes a while and we as a nation are not ready to make the shift. Biden doesn't have a plan per say either

A lot of what you're saying is exxagerated, not true, or looking at it trough one scope
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader

It requires an authoritarian government to mandate the public to purchase healthcare on the pain of punishment.

It requires an authoritarian government to mandate the public to ascribe to arbitrary levels of mercury set by flawed men in government on the pain of punishment.

It requires an authoritarian government to mandate the public to confiscate your wealth if you have a good idea that can improve the lives of millions and create millions of jobs as if the economy was a zero-sum game.

It requires an authoritarian government to mandate the public to give up their 2nd amendment rights for arbitrary reasons from flawed people in government.

It requires an authoritarian government to mandate the public to purchase the kinds of green energy they do not want with arbitrary expenditures from flawed people in government purchasing failed ventures like Solyndra. 

It requires an authoritarian government to mandate the public to purchase any of the things on the shopping list of the green new deal.

Even if I were to agree with all 5 of those points, it's not worth having the authoritarian government required to implement them. I would rather die free than live a long life in shackles.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
I really don't know how shitty your educational facilities are where you live, but you should read an abridged version of the book One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. It is mandatory reading in Russian schools.

If after you read that you don't immediately have a visceral mistrust of authoritarian governments like the one the OP advocates, then you are in the vast minority.

Alternatively, you can watch a clip outlining some of the main concepts if you don't have time to read.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
If after you read that you don't immediately have a visceral mistrust of authoritarian governments like the one the OP advocates, then you are in the vast minority.
because trying to give people healthcare and keeping companies from poisoning you is authoritarianism? You have an extremely twisted idea of what authoritarianism means. 

n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
+1 on what buff said
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Greyparrot
why does public polling support my views more than yours, if im only part of the 'vast minority'? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
The public supported Stalin and his gulags too. Go read a book.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
You're still under the delusion that a benevolent government exists that has interests aligned with your own interests.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
because trying to give people healthcare and keeping companies from poisoning you is authoritarianism? You have an extremely twisted idea of what authoritarianism means. 
Give people healthcare? Who says healthcare is a right? If it is a right, it is equally available to all who seek it. That is so obviously not true, it's pathetic to think it is.
Item: If ealthcare were a right, we would have warehouses stuffed with available organs for transplant.
Item: If healthcare were a right, people could act like MTV Jackasses and expect treatment. Actually, they do, anyway.
Item: If healthcare were a right, we would have far less incident of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, because we could all stuff whatever into the pie hole with the assurance that we would not contract these diseases, or be treated for them and all survive.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
You're still under the delusion that a benevolent government exists that has interests aligned with your own interests.
governments exist at the whim of the people. If they stop doing what the people want, they get replaced. Corporations exists to amass as much money as they can. They don't care if they have to kill you or bankrupt you to get it. They have absolutely no motivation to do what is best for the people or for the nation. 

Obviously having proper power in the hands of the government is a MUCH better plan than giving corporations free reign to poison or exploit us. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Give people healthcare? Who says healthcare is a right? If it is a right, it is equally available to all who seek it. That is so obviously not true, it's pathetic to think it is.
I do. And I agree it isn't true, yet. That is the point. Rich assholes want people to believe that poor people deserve to get sick and die while the people who profit off those poor people buy their 3rd yacht or 4th mansion. 

Item: If ealthcare were a right, we would have warehouses stuffed with available organs for transplant.
this doesn't even make sense on the face of it. But as medical technology improves we likely will develop artificial organs and this will become the case. 

Item: If healthcare were a right, people could act like MTV Jackasses and expect treatment. Actually, they do, anyway.
You acknowledge they do that anyway, so it makes absolutely no difference whether or not healthcare is a right. Thank you for disproving your own point. 

Item: If healthcare were a right, we would have far less incident of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, because we could all stuff whatever into the pie hole with the assurance that we would not contract these diseases, or be treated for them and all survive.
You seem to be missing the point. alot of those diseases are treatable early. The treatments are relatively cheap and effective. The fact that people can't afford the early treatment means they put it off until it is much more serious and MUCH more expensive. That causes people to die unnecessarily and cause medical care to be MUCH more expensive. So providing healthcare to everyone would actually decrease those costs. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
 If they stop doing what the people want, they get replaced. 

Congress has had an approval rating in the single digits, but because the government controls the monopoly on information and who can get on the ballots (except for Trump of course), they won't be replaced anytime soon.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
They have absolutely no motivation to do what is best for the people or for the nation. 

Name me one product you personally purchase from a company that does not care about you.
VonKlempter
Debates: 5
VonKlempter
Wow
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
I already have a mistrust in Authoritarian society so yea. I'll give it a read
Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
Governments have killed more people than considerations have
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
Governments have killed more people than considerations have
Please provide some evidence for that. Countless people die every single day due to greedy corporations. Their insurance gets rejected, they die. Their water gets poisoned, they die. Governments aren't perfect, no one has ever claimed they are. But at least we get a voice in what the government does. The government has to fear us. Corportions don't give a rat's ass what you think. They don't care if they kill you or ruin your life. They aren't accountable to you are anyone else who isn't rich and connected. 

I'll take government power over over corporate and oligarch power any day of the week. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Name me one product you personally purchase from a company that does not care about you.
umm, virtually all of them. That is what corporations exist for. They care about the bottom line. Sometimes that means doing things to attract customers, but alot of the time it means screwing people over just as hard as they can. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
This is the dumbest response I have ever seen. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
Government with full control such as communist states kill millions of people due to starvation. Look at North Korea. A communist dictatorship that kills their people. That is a central government.

Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
Then why have people, companies, and other donated billions of dollars to fight Covid-19, due work for charity, and do so much for the consumer by providing sales, having customer service for the customer, and various other

Companies are donating billions to stop Coronavirus and give money to people laid off by Coronavirus, yet you stand here saying that no company works for the consumer. This is simply wrong on all levels
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
umm, virtually all of them. That is what corporations exist for. They care about the bottom line.

And it appears you care enough about the corporations to reciprocate their concern and support them with your purchases as well, otherwise, you would have told them to fuck off and look for an alternative competitor. Assuming you don't support monopolies like the government.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
And it appears you care enough about the corporations to reciprocate their concern and support them with your purchases as well, otherwise, you would have told them to fuck off and look for an alternative competitor. Assuming you don't support monopolies like the government.
He’s just too shy to admit he wants everything for free. Corporations want money, sure. I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. But their goal is to fill a need. If you don’t feel that you don’t need that need then you’re welcome to not buy it. But restricting the needs of other people is authoritarian in nature.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
I can't believe he said with a straight face that companies have killed more people than governments
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
just more liberal talking points, gun control has never worked and Trump isnt even exactly pro gun in the first place

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
Government with full control such as communist states kill millions of people due to starvation. Look at North Korea. A communist dictatorship that kills their people. That is a central government.
back to the straw man arguments I see. I have literally never said that government should have full control. That doesn't seem to stop you from lying about it though. 

Then why have people, companies, and other donated billions of dollars to fight Covid-19, due work for charity, and do so much for the consumer by providing sales, having customer service for the customer, and various other
So people who do massive damage sometimes give tiny fractions of their wealth back? In most cases it is just a publicity stunt to get people to look over their massive abuses the rest of the time. 

Companies are donating billions to stop Coronavirus and give money to people laid off by Coronavirus, yet you stand here saying that no company works for the consumer. This is simply wrong on all levels
you clearly don't understand what capitolism is. Very few companies are ever "for the consumer". Almost none that listed on a public stock exchange. They are for their own bottom lines. Sometimes that causes them to do nice things. Sometimes they want to buy some good publicity so people think how nice they are, then they go back to royally screwing them over. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
umm, virtually all of them. That is what corporations exist for. They care about the bottom line.

You too seem to not understand capitolism. I have no choice. Since a core component of corporations is a complete disdain for things like "the common good" and only caring about profit margins, I have virtually no options. If I want to be able to live, i need to buy things. By definition, that means buying things from corrupt corporations that don't give a shit about me. That is why we have governments to keep them in line. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
 I have no choice. 

Yes, you do. You can tell them to go fuck off.  Assuming you don't support monopolies like the government.

More than half of small businesses file for bankruptcy after 5 years because too many people made the choice to tell them to fuck off.

Capitalism only exists when you, personally don't make that choice.

It's such an important concept that we have a scientific term for the consumer's choice to tell capitalists to fuck off.

That index goes down the more people say FUCK YOU to businesses with their wallets.

Luckily for capitalism, many hypocrites like you say one thing with their mouths and then convey another thing entirely with their money.

If you truly hate Capitalism, you don't have to wait for the government to take you off the grid. You can make that choice today. Right now.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes, you do. You can tell them to go fuck off.  Assuming you don't support monopolies like the government.
Ok, you tell me where i can buy a motherboard other than from a major corporation. How about a car?

It is a childish argument to say that people can avoid buying things for corporations. If you are willing to live like an Amish person maybe. But i don't want that. So i choose capitalism, with a strong central government to keep them in line. It is the best of both worlds.  You get the innovation and growth of capitalism, while you have a strong government to keep their evil, greed based decisions kept in check.