These two californian doctors have their own opinion.

Author: Stephen

Total: 71
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
How are those doctors financially motivated to lie about corona virus if corona virus is creating a warzone forcing everyone to go to health clinics that he makes a profit from them running to
Singularity
Singularity
Obama literally goes to war with american heroes like snowden (to name just one of many) who he literally tried to have extradited to America so he could execute him to censor him, and oro is sitting here like (republicans like ron paul, donald trump and barry goldwater are pro censorship)https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/16/whistleblowers-double-standard-obama-david-petraeus-chelsea-manning
nonjudgmental
Debates: 0
nonjudgmental
Yeah youtube is now banning videos that suggest vitamin c for people infected i tell ya, i dont trust anyone doctors from universities media cdc who twitter Ustube They all just putting in the same bs narrative so they can inflate deaths and make it look like a big deal. I would be surprised if 200000 people ACTUALLY died from covid 19. Bill gates aint a doctor and hes making perdictions. Just bunch of bs.
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@Singularity
The cited reason as to why the exhibit PTSD-like symptoms is due to the content they moderate typically delving into sordid territory. That is the nature of their job. The reason they may be "overzealous" could just be a sign that they are new. I don't think assigning blame to these folks, especially given the job requirements, is accurate. Sifting through post after post looking for ban-worthy offenses seems like a real world Myth of Sisyphus. If you're interested about the working conditions of these moderators, I give you this:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/19/18681845/facebook-moderator-interviews-video-trauma-ptsd-cognizant-tampa
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@blamonkey
More interested in whatever the hell the myth of sisyphus is. I already went down the other rabbit hole. 
blamonkey
blamonkey
-->
@Singularity
It's a book about a magical Greek figure which was written by Albert Camus. 
blamonkey
blamonkey
-->
@Singularity
I meant to type "mystical" not "magical."

In any case, I heard it was interesting, but I have only read snippets from it. 
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@blamonkey
You read a summary, the story is have heard before
blamonkey
blamonkey
-->
@Singularity
Atlas Shrugged? That's strange. I think Camus uses the myth as sort of a centerpiece for his philosophical ruminations and ideas. I don't think it has a plot per se. That said, I might be confusing it with something else. I do remember reading The Stranger by Camus and liking it.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Singularity
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@blamonkey
I literally removed the atlas shrugged comment immediately after posting. It is not what I meant to write
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Singularity
Trump has not told people to drink bleach or fish cleaner or anything like that.
A

From a White House daily press conference regarding Federal Coronavirus response:

"And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that."

• Over 100 people called an emergency hotline in Maryland about disinfectant 
  • New York poison control saw the number of calls double from usual to about 30
  • Many who called were asking about the benefits of consuming disinfectant 
  • He spoke after a Homeland Security official revealed the results of tests that showed sunlight and UV rays helped kill the coronavirus 
  • On Friday, Trump said that he not being serious and instead was being sarcastic

• WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said he takes no responsibility for a jump in calls to poison control centers concerning the misuse of disinfectants after he wondered aloud last week about possibly injecting them as a treatment for coronavirus.

When asked Monday about reports of an increase in people misusing disinfectants, Trump answered: "I can't imagine why."

When pressed about whether he takes any responsibility, Trump said, "No, I don't.
    Greyparrot
    Greyparrot
    -->
    @Singularity

I’ve stopped arguing and instead encouraged anyone with TDS to take 1/2 hr of the day and watch a press conference in full if they hear something from any leader that sounds insane, even from ones I don’t like (such as prime minister Trudeau). They don’t say anything remotely insane enough to make me believe that they would suggest to inject or drink anything for medical purposes without seeing a doctor.  Also, call me a monster but if you do any of those things without consulting a doctor then I don’t call that a tragedy I call it natural selection. If you make choices like that then you need full-time adult supervision.

oromagi
    oromagi
    -->
    @ILikePie5
    So what this means is you gotta go to court to determine what to do when Executive Privilege clashes with Legislative Oversight. Various cases of this nature are already pending before the Court.

The obvious problem being that a corrupt or ill-intentioned  president can swamp the courts with spurious, even absurd claims of executive privilege, as is true today.

Let's recall the SCOTUS has not ruled on executive privilege vs Congressional subpeona

"Regarding requests from Congress (instead of from the courts) for executive branch information, as of a 2014 study by the Congressional Research Service, only two federal court cases had addressed the merits of executive privilege in such a context, and neither of those cases reached the Supreme Court"

"Generally speaking, presidents, congresses and courts have historically tended to sidestep open confrontations through compromise and mutual deference in view of previous practice and precedents regarding the exercise of executive privilege"

Trump's disordered personality does not allow for public expressions of compromise or mutual deference as Trump views as weakness such pillars of democracy and functional govt.
    Singularity
    Singularity
    -->
    @oromagi
    Why would any intelligent person interpret that statement to mean you should drink disinfectant LOL. It is clearly just spit balling some stuff. 
    Singularity
    Singularity
    -->
    @oromagi
    Yeah reading the quote, he is saying maybe it will be interesting to see if that leads researchers to anything that will work. Why anybody would interpret that to drink bleach is silly. Maybe a few low IQ people who see the media twist the quote to mean trump told people to drink bleach. The media really should refrain from using sound bites or giving things overly simple explanations. Not the first time they have taken qualified statement s from trump twisted them and treated the statements as unqualified certain statements. 
    Greyparrot
    Greyparrot
    -->
    @Singularity
    Basically it's fake headlines from a corporate gotcha press.

Trump got some information from doctors and scientists about new UV technology where they are trying to use UV diodes inside the lungs with the ventilators, and the fake news heard Clorox and Lysol.
    oromagi
    oromagi
    -->
    @Singularity

How are those doctors financially motivated to lie about corona virus if corona virus is creating a warzone forcing everyone to go to health clinics that he makes a profit from them running to
    Crucial question which I answered above and you failed to read.  Urgent Care clinics crashed during this emergency because they lacked the equipment to treat coronavirus.  Plenty of coronavirus patients showed up at this clinics only to be referred to an acutal emergency room.  Meanwhile, Urgent Care's usual patients- people with strep throats or a funky rash and just want a quick prescription for something or people who don't have a family doctor and don't want to pay ER prices decided that sitting in a waiting room with a bunch potentially infectious people generally stayed home.

So here's two doctors  who left ERs behind to buy a more lucrative middle man franchise and now those franchises are out of the loop of any medical demand.

I heard a doctor on the radio last night comment about these jokers' analysis,  "imagine an urgent care clinic said that 12% of their patients came in with broken arms in April and concluded therefore that 12% of Californians had broken arms- that is the magnitude of the stupidity FOX is advocating here"
    oromagi
    oromagi
    -->
    @Singularity
    Obama literally goes to war with american heroes like snowden (to name just one of many) who he literally tried to have extradited to America so he could execute him to censor him, and oro is sitting here like (republicans like ron paul, donald trump and barry goldwater are pro censorship)https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/16/whistleblowers-double-standard-obama-david-petraeus-chelsea-manning

Singularity should look up what "literally" means in a dictionary

Greyparrot
    Greyparrot
    -->
    @Singularity
    Anderson Cooper gets paid 50,000 dollars a day to spin the facts from his mansion.
    oromagi
    oromagi
    -->
    @blamonkey
    @Singularity
    The Myth of Sisyphus (French: Le Mythe de Sisyphe) is a 1942 philosophical essay by Albert Camus. The English translation by Justin O'Brien was first published in 1955.
    Influenced by philosophers such as Søren Kierkegaard, Arthur Schopenhauer, and Friedrich Nietzsche, Camus introduces his philosophy of the absurd, that life is inherently devoid of meaning and consequently absurd, but humans will nevertheless forever search for meaning.[1] Camus compares the absurdity of man's life with the situation of Sisyphus, a figure of Greek mythology who was condemned to repeat forever the same meaningless task of pushing a boulder up a mountain, only to see it roll down again.
    blamonkey
    blamonkey
    -->
    @oromagi
    Yeah. I tried to read the book, but I found The Stranger to be much more compelling.
    Greyparrot
    Greyparrot

This is probably the technology Trump was trying to explain with crude, simple language.

Certainly not the Lysol and Clorox clarion as purported by fake crony corporate news outlets.
    oromagi
    oromagi
    -->
    @blamonkey
    me too.  I think that ending on the beach astonishingly presages the (perhaps less erudite) mentality of the modern mass shooter .

I read The Plague in high school but I can't remember enough to advise how relevant its questions are to our present emergency.
    oromagi
    oromagi
    wow post #42 looks totally whacked in format.... I wonder if that's a glitch from weekend updates or something else?
    Greyparrot
    Greyparrot
    This is the name of the company.

Nowhere on the site mentions Clorox or Lysol or Bleach.
    Singularity
    Singularity
    -->
    @oromagi
    Camus philosophy sounds correct. Atleast until radical life extension is achieved, and hopefully we move towards that with reckless disregard like we did with the mission to get to the moon
    oromagi
    oromagi
    -->
    @blamonkey
    My fav 20th century French philosopy book is

Mythologies is a 1957 book by Roland Barthes. It is a collection of essays taken from Les Lettres nouvelles, examining the tendency of contemporary social value systems to create modern myths. Barthes also looks at the semiology of the process of myth creation, updating Ferdinand de Saussure's system of sign analysis by adding a second level where signs are elevated to the level of myth.

He examines the mythology of Marilyn Monroe and the mythology of Pro Wrestling, etc.  It is pretty great
    ILikePie5
    Debates: 2
    ILikePie5
    -->
    @oromagi
    The obvious problem being that a corrupt or ill-intentioned  president can swamp the courts with spurious, even absurd claims of executive privilege, as is true today.
    As is the right of the President and the Executive Branch. If you’re claiming the Court can’t be impartial, it was in the case of Richard Nixon. And the court is the law of the land regardless of how much you disagree with it.

Let's recall the SCOTUS has not ruled on executive privilege vs Congressional subpeona
    Correct. However, the Court has already ruled in Nixon v US that the Executive’s power to executive privilege is not absolute. Therefore as is the right of the President and the Executive Branch, they can sue to keep records private.

Trump's disordered personality does not allow for public expressions of compromise or mutual deference as Trump views as weakness such pillars of democracy and functional govt.
    Every President has invoked executive privilege including Saint Obama who exerted executive privilege to block the Holder DOJ to release documents related to Fast and Furious. Regardless of the President and their political affiliation, they have the right to executive privilege and a court case is needed to resolve the issue.
    oromagi
    oromagi
    -->
    @ILikePie5
    Presidents also retain the authority terminate the human race by nuclear holocaust in the space of hours.  Holding a right does nothing to justify misuse. You are arguing that Trump is not breaking the law while ignoring the argument that Trump is endangering the Nation with uncorrected misinformation and self-dealing