Someone is Secretly Admiring Me on DART

Author: Vader

Total: 104
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
No she isn't terrible, she is initally a hormonal teen with issues like any other and progresses into a very formidable and respected lady.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
In a show where the plot resolved around battle, in the first seasons, she is useless. She does virtually nothing to help Team 7 and just stays in the background, letting others do the work. She even admitted this to herself. She was effectively useless in that season. 

I’m Shippuden, it’s fair to argue she was useful, but it was her off screen action. I give her credit for holding her own against Sasuri, but she still almost died when fighting. She possesses Ninjutsu in Medical, and not in Fighting. She can hold her own due to her immense strength, which overall drains her energy and leaves her weak in the first place. The rest of the time, she doesn’t have any major fights in any filler or big plot besides the war, which she barely does fight, but has key moments. The show revolves around the others, hence making her an useless character. The only one I argue is more useless is TenTen, and there is no arguing she IS the most useless. Does nothing is both series and that showed in Boruto.

To be fair to Sakura, when your team is someone who is the Hokage and one of the strongest ninja ever, someone who possesses the Rinnegan, the competition can outshine. It would be much better if she were on a team with another. Eg: Kiba. I bet she would shine with that team
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
She does go through a lot of progress, but in a show where the KEY part is your abilities in fighting, she stands below a lot of people. Hence why people see her as useless. She is a background worker and expedition all at what she does there. But she doesn’t have any BIG fights.

I wouldn’t call her the best emotional support of all time
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
She is a background worker and expedition all at what she does there. 
This sentence is grammatically incoherent. She is one of the quintessential main characters, literally after Naruto she is the main character.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@RationalMadman
no, shut up CASUAL NORMIE. dammit ratman, don't tell me you like tsunderes? sakura is the physical embodiment of the character trope i hate. everywhere she goes the cherry blossoms wilt even standing within her range of sight. next you'll be telling me how your waifu is noelle.
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@RationalMadman
very formidable and respected lady.
this statement is OBJECTIVELY false. she's so so so useless and abuses naruto for literally no reason. i get it's supposed to be comedic relief or something but it's the least funny thing i've ever seen. also, did you watch sub or dub.

Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
@WaterPhoenix
We do need Sakura in the story, that's true. We are not arguing that. We are arguing the usefulness of her character

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Sakura is extremely strong but her ability to heal is her most formidable asset. If you have a Sakura on your team, you last so muvh longer in a fight. How can you call it useless? You're beign sexist and pigheaded to suggest that unless soemome is a big bad masculine brute that they're useless to a team or storyline.

Sakura never abused Naruto, she had severe insecurities and had a crush on Sasuke early on. She always loved Naruto as a teammate and best friend, this was proven several times prior to her ending up falling in love with him. You're just a Hinata fanboy teasing me for admiring Sakura. I don't dislike Hinata but her and Naruto never had chemistry.

Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
Shipping is stupid. I don't ship anyone. I think Sakura is key to story, but she may be the weakest link. The same can be said with Ino, but with a lesser degree. I don't think she is pure 100% useless, but she sure isn't the most useful, in the bottom IMO
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
Guys. Sakura is kinda important.

In Part 1, she serves as a middle ground between Naruto and Sasuke. And she becomes trained by tsundae to become a gret medical ninja
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
And yes, I do believe Hinata is better than Sakura. Not for any reason other than Byukagan and stopping the flow of chakra. Key sensory skills along with the ability to deflect chakra is a superpower. She is more impressive than Sakura IMO
Crocodile
Crocodile
I agree with SupaDudz, she's important to the story. But, she wouldn't be that important in real life. She serves as a onesided battleground for naruto early on.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
Never said she wasn't important, I'm talking utility in battle and combats. In the first anime, she is practically useless. In Shippuden, she serves a key background to help people, but never a front line battler.

It was also destiny for Sasuke to go and hunt for power. Sakura could not stop that no matter how hard she tried
Vader
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
it was also... naruto who saved sasuke from the darkness. 
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
Sakura is needed for developing the story. But Sakura is effectively useless in S1 and S2. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
Also now you understand why I like Sasuke.

Sasuke is proof that hate overrides friendship when you surround yourself with the right people. He symbolizes a change of heart, and resembles the ability to change and atone for sins and recognizing flaws. Yes he's a bit toxic, but no one can be perfect
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Vader
same for orochimaru
Vader
Vader
-->
@BearMan
I'd argue from every point until she starts learning Medical Ninjutsu she's effectively useless
Vader
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
I still think Orochimaru is up to something. IDK, I haven't caught up with Boruto yet so I wouldn't know, I'm only on 51 for Boruto. I don't Boruto at all so it's hard to watch

I don't like Orochimaru for the reason that he is immoral with his tests. Cloning humans to make perfection is immoral
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@Vader
I'd argue from every point until she starts learning Medical Ninjutsu she's effectively useless
yeah
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@RationalMadman
no, i didn't actually like naruto all that much ngl. i'm saying she's bad cause she's tsundere cancer.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Disrespect.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Slight spoiler alert

You still think Orochimaru is significant to the story. This tells me you've hardly watched far enough to understand Sakura's full power.
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I finished Shippuden. I'm on Boruto right now. Unless there is more
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
He is Mitsuki's "father"
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Yeah that doesn't mean he is still significant to the story anymore. Sakura is one of my favourite characters in Naruto, I don't need you to spread bullshit about her, especially not someone as ignorant of the storyline as WaterPhoenix. Sakura represents so much good in humanity and is not a pussy about it either.

You are so utterly wrong about her that it's pathetic. Unlike Ino, who broke Choji's heart brutally in how she rejected him, Sakura turned down Rock Lee with kindness and genuinely admired how hard he worked to protect her. When it finally hit Rock Lee that Sakura wouldn't love him back, she didn't act creeped out by him or spread rumours that he's a creep (and he actually was kind of a creep in how obsessed he was with Sakura), she showed him understanding and empathy throughout. Sakura is one of the more morally good characters in all of anime, period, so don't go around pretending she is insignificant or in any way deserving of disrespect. 

She was indeed always outshone by her peers and teammates, imagine being the teammate of Sasuke and Naruto; easily two of the biggest egomaniacs in all of Konoha. Sakura loved Sasuke and cherished Naruto. It was Sakura who learned the most from Kakashi and was his most loyal student until Naruto turned out to be so overpowered that Kakashi decided to spend more time with him while Tsunade mentored Sakura. Sakura respects people of all ranks and types, even her enemies in battle. You talk of her like some side chick to Naruto but you are so wrong she is everything great about Team Kakashi and always will be. Naruto is lucky to have Sakura, most people can't stand him in terms of being a self-obsessed spouse 'my way or the high way' except for the pushover Hinata.
shadow_712
Debates: 19
shadow_712
-->
@RationalMadman
@Vader
@WaterPhoenix
@Crocodile
If we look at the overall story, it peaks when sasuke and naruto take on their supposed mother and mother of thier ancestors- Kaguya. Even when the 4 th great shinobi war was going on it was Naruto's chakra that saved all of the Allied Shinobi Army, Sakura had no role to play. Even when Mighty Guy sensei opened all the gates in combat with Uchiha Madara, Naruto's healing ability saved him. If we go even before this phase when Naruto had the nine-tails taken from him, Minato healed him by giving him the sealed Nine tails chakra. Even Neji and Hinata were more important than Sakura, Neji saves Naruto's life, and Hinata's fall makes Naruto run havok when akatsuki attack Konoha. 

I agree with the above people Sakura is useless. Even Tsunade was more useful, since Naruto would not have learned the Rasengan had she not pushed him to do so within 3 days. 

Sakura is useless
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Btw you can deny it if you want but Sakura does love Naruto at some points, it is Naruto who ends up deciding to marry Hinata. Hinata is completely overshadowed in their relationship. Sakura's 'friendship' with Naruto is far closer to what a relationship can be if it properly builds.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@shadow_712
Dude how much of Naruto have you watched and from what perspective do you grasp usefulness? Sasuke was the most useless member of Team Kakashi in every single way.
shadow_712
Debates: 19
shadow_712
-->
@RationalMadman
I have watched all 220 original and 500 of Shippuden , twice. I discontinued after Naruto and Hinata's marriage , Baruto makes no sense to me. Perspective :Development of plot, the Plot peaked when Naruto and Sansuke fight Kaguya, no point discussing that. The build up - akaksuki, the great Shinobi war and in all other build ups , sakura's role is not worth examining,even side- characters like Killer Bee had more function than her.