-->
@secularmerlin
Not that I'm aware.
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
So you have never changed your mind about anything because of an event? You've never burned your hand on the stove and been instilled with more caution for example?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@mustardness
1{--} Culture imparts reality to nonlocal creativity

{2*2} Quantum physics services objective silence

3^3^3^3 Existence is the womb of the barrier of reality
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin

Of course, people change their minds, what's your point?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
Just so we are on the same page you acknowledge that your mind is effected by events?
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@drafterman
D,man still running away and hiding from rational, logical common sense truths. Why? Fear?

Fear of loosing metaphysical-1, ego? .....*  i   *.....

1} your ego run away and hides from same questions I answered from you , but when you were asked you were afraid to answer,

2} hide behind the word "gibberrish" i.e. your rarely have any rational, logical common sense that addresses an/or invaliates my givens as stated,

3} divergency tactics that are similar to 1 and 2, above i.. you run, hide and diverge to avoid rational, logical common sense.

PLease share when you want to be a mature adult and play fair and address my comments as stated and not immature, irrelevant divergent, run and hid tactics. Thanks

Ego { *  * } poses greater danger to humanity

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
That's not what I said.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
What then changes ones mind?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
Touching a stove is an event if that changes your mind then events do effect your mind.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@mustardness
{--------------10^-32------------------} A constant force, acting on a particle of mass m, will produce a constant acceleration a. Let us choose the x-axis to be in the common direction of F and a. What is the work done by this force on the particle in causing a displacement x? We have, for constant acceleration, the relations a = ( V - v ) / t and x = ½ ( V + v ) t. Here v is the particle's speed at t = 0 and V is its speed at time t. The the work done is W = F x = m a x = m ( ( V - v ) / t ) ( ½ ( V + v ) ) t = ½ m V² - ½ m v². We call one-half the product of the mass of a body and the square of its speed the kinetic energy of the body. If we represent kinetic energy by the symbol K, then K = ½ m v². We may then state the above equation in this way: The work done by the resultant force acting on a particle is equal to the change in the kinetic energy of the particle.

{== free omniscience[1] == will power { Think 1000/60/60/24/7/365. We will upgrade the buzzword "client-focused". The obfuscation factor can be summed up in one word: user-defined. Do you have a game plan to become 60/24/7/365? Imagine a combination of JavaScript and Python. If all of this comes off as undreamt of to you, that's because it is! Quick: do you have a enterprise scheme for dealing with emerging schemas? The power to target seamlessly leads to the power to incentivize super-virally. A company that can brand defiantly will (one day) be able to leverage elegantly. If you benchmark ultra-micro-transparently, you may have to incubate intuitively.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
No, what you're saying is that if I touch a hot stove, I am either doing so to willingly burn my hand or I've done so out of ignorance of not knowing that a stove is hot and can burn my hand. Which one is it?

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
Presumably out of ignorance but either is an event and if either causes a change in attitude or brain states then I'm not sure how you can claim that the mind is unaffected by said event.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
Presumably out of ignorance
Then, if I wasn't ignorant, I willfully would not have touched the stove nor would I have even thought about it, a non-event in my mind.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
you can claim that the mind is unaffected by said event.

Don't put words in my mouth.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
Touching a stove is something that happens in real time in the observable physical universe. That qualifies for the definition I have presented. It doesn't matter why you did so. It's only an example in any case. Everything that has ever happened to you is an event. Are you seriously claiming that you have never changed your mind because of something that happened to you? 

Btw I am not trying to put words in your mouth I'm just trying to understand the words that you have presented me with.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
Touching a stove is something that happens in real time in the observable physical universe.

By accident, maybe, but certainly not willingly.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
It doesn't matter why it happened it is still an event. Does accidentally touching a stove not effect your mind?
mustardness
mustardness
OMG Dman, your ego is working overtime. 

Running and hiding from rational, logical common sense pathways of thouth and conclusions, appears to be your new pastime. Why is that?

Obviously your ego is getting  paid time-and-half pay.

Ego is greatest danger to humanity.

So Dman has blocked out rational logical common sense. Why?

Ominiscient infers a sum-total { finite }, omni-considerate, wholsitic { integral } set of lines-of-relationship of awareness.

A conceptual constellation of events aka Rational Cosmic Trinity.

Free will is a deterministic cause, effect and resultant of bilateral (>*<)  (>*<) clustering of tori, that, we call oour eternally existent, finite, occupied space Universe/God.

Humans access to metaphyscial-1, mind/intellect/concept is the closet we come to omni-scient consideration.

There exists no infinite source or omni-scient outside of our finite, occupied space Universe.

If we conceptually remove our finite, occupied SPACE Universe, from the the macro-infinite non-occupied SPACE we have the following visual.

.................................................................................................................................
....................................................SPACE..............................................................
..............................................................................................................................

There exists no omni-scient in that scenario.  You need to check in with Outplazy as he believes there exists some super-natural omini-scient higher dimensions outside our finite, occupied space Universe/God ergo Outp's conceptual visual looks like this;

...................................................................................................................................................
........................................omni-scient/supernatural/higher dimensions......................................
..................................................................................................................................................

Go figure

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
It doesn't matter why it happened it is still an event

But, there was no "will" behind it, so it's irrelevant. We are talking about will, right?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
We are talking about whether your mind is subject to cause and effect. Will is not really associated with that question though depending on the way the conversation goes we may get into that.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
We are talking about whether your mind is subject to cause and effect.

But, since you're being extremely vague, then it's not easy to answer any questions.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
If any event can change or effect your mind in any way then your mind is subject to cause and effect. If touching a stove, purposefully or accidentally with full foreknowledge of the consequences or in ignorance, can change the way your mind views stoves and the caution you exercise in regards to stoves then your mind is subject to cause and effect. Is this the case or does toich8ng a stove have no effect on your mental state whatsoever?

How specific do I have to be? I even came up with a very specific example.

When you were a child you likely did touch something hot and it likely burned your childish little fingers. Did this alter your behavior and your cognizant awareness of hot objects? The answer you are looking for is almost certainly yes but if you have really never experienced this I will try to come up with a different specific example.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
If any event can change or effect your mind in any way then your mind is subject to cause and effect.
Not unless I "willfully" change my mind, the event is irrelevant.

Is this the case or does toich8ng a stove have no effect on your mental state whatsoever?
Sorry, but you're working from false premises. No matter what the event, it will always be my will to do or not to do regardless of the circumstances or consequences. Events don't automatically do that for me.

When you were a child you likely did touch something hot and it likely burned your childish little fingers.
Never happened to me. And those who it did happen may have enjoyed the experience and "willfully" continued to burn themselves or willfully did not. The event did not automatically do that.

It really doesn't matter how many examples you come up with, none will automatically change ones mind, they have to willfully change it and it may not be, as you say, "almost certainly yes". False conclusion based on false premises.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
Your mind is not subject to outside stimuli? You do not base your conclusions and behavior on past experience? What do you base these things on then?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
I base them on my will, just like everyone else. It doesn't matter what I do, I have the free will to do it regardless of events.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
I would assume that your actions are based on a mixture of your preferences (which you have no control over) and outside factors (which you have no control over). I suppose you could be doimg things for litteraly no reason but that constitutes a random event and random events are no more indicative of freewill than events that are subject to cause and effect.

That you have a will does not mean it is free.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
My will to do something is completely free. Like I explained earlier, we are bound by the laws of nature, therefore I may have the free will to jump to the moon, but the laws of nature won't allow it. Not having the means to do something is not the same thing as having the will to do it.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
Can you demonstrate the ability to do other than what you actually end up doing? I'm not sure how else we could demonstrate freewill adequately.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
I can wake up every single morning for the rest of my life and try and jump to the moon. I have the free will to do so and will attempt it everyday even though I have the laws of nature against me. My will says I can do it. My will is controlled by my mind. My mind has rotted from too much time in the Religion forum.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Goldtop
Do you have a preference for coffee?