Kavanaugh Speaks

Author: Swagnarok

Total: 48
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Trump has ordered another FBI probe of Kavanaugh, the man's seventh of its kind, which will last less than a week. Though it's very unlikely that they'll find anything (as they found nothing the first six times), it's a major concession to the Democrats, who'll likely just vote unanimously against Kavanaugh anyways, and, more importantly, to "moderate" Republicans like Jeff Flake.
The GOP controls 51 out of 100 seats in the Senate. If one Republican defects, then it'll be 50-50, and Kavanaugh will be confirmed by Vice-President Mike Pence's tie-breaking vote. If two Republicans defect, then Kavanaugh will not be getting his seat.
spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
The leftist reaction to Kavanaugh is one of the most depraved and frighteningly irrational things I've ever seen. I'm generally of the opinion that both parties are equally tribalistic, but this is all making me more inclined believe that the Democrats are uniquely bad. I don't wanna become a right-wing partisan :(

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@spacetime
Kavanaugh's plan is consistent with the christian right wing misogyny that demands women be kept as second class citizens. Roe v Wade repeal anyone? Only the brain dead could consider that men have a say in what a woman does with her body.

spacetime
spacetime
-->
@disgusted
Kavanaugh's plan is consistent with the christian right wing misogyny that demands women be kept as second class citizens. Roe v Wade repeal anyone? Only the brain dead could consider that men have a say in what a woman does with her body. 
I don't support banning abortion. But it's fucking insane to believe that pro-lifers are motivated by misogyny. It's clear to any rational person that the vast majority of them genuinely believe in the moral worth of the unborn.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@spacetime
Whatever they think, their actions are purely misogynistic. They believe they have more right to a woman's body than the woman does. Facts don't change because of beliefs.
spacetime
spacetime
-->
@disgusted
Repeating yourself doesn't make you any more correct.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@spacetime
That's because I was right from the beginning, their dishonesty to themselves not withstanding.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@spacetime
I wonder what would happen if all the white males said the government didn't have a right to their bodies through selective service...and it should be a constitutional right to privacy just like roe v wade....
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@spacetime
Also...we don't have enough people to do the work America needs...but lets kill off some American babies anyway.
spacetime
spacetime
-->
@disgusted
That's because I was right from the beginning, their dishonesty to themselves not withstanding.
How did you come to acquire these magical mind-reading powers???
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@spacetime
I leave magic and mind reading to godists, they tell outstanding stories. Not believable but outstanding.
Vortex86
Vortex86
-->
@disgusted
You're right due process is akin to religiousness... No atheists or non-believers care about due process... The same people calling for prison reform are wanting to throw due process by the wayside. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Vortex86
Did you post in the wrong thread? I think so.
Vortex86
Vortex86
-->
@disgusted
The same people who claim that Ford's testimony can't be believed also demand that their claims of talking to a creator of the universe is evidence that said creator exists. How absolutely, hilariously hypocritical.

You're right due process is akin to religiousness... No atheists or non-believers care about due process... The same people calling for prison reform are wanting to throw due process by the wayside. 

Did you post in the wrong thread? I think so.

Seems relevant to your post to me.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Swagnarok
If two Republicans defect, then Kavanaugh will not be getting his seat.
God we can hope this happens as we all know this about overturning Roe vs Wade if he is is appointed.

These Trumpanzees ---male and female---  are morally sick-in-the-head and have no respect for pregant women.

Lock These Sick In The Head  People Away! Lock Them Away Today!

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
The SCOTUS clearly has too much power it should not have when the votes are drawn down party lines to get judges to rule on their favorite laws like Obamascare.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
off topic, but it's funny how this never really made it to the news, in fact I just heard about it.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Gosnell
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
code pink