The Ahmaud Arbery Case

Author: TheDredPriateRoberts

Total: 32
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts

obviously they are guilty until proven innocent right?

what if we take out emotion?

is this another "hands up don't shoot"?

many many yet to be answered questions.

that aside it's horrible whenever anything like this happens to anyone.

this will not end in a murder conviction, manslaughter at best, though some kind of negligence is probably more realistic.

Marko
Marko
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Yes. A terrible incident, but those incidents are, statistically speaking, bound to occasionally happen.

A man jogs alone, proceeds to stop at a private house undergoing repair or construction and enters it (something I’ve never seen a jogger do before, but anyway). A father-son combo (aka starsky and Dutch), after reports of recurrent burglary in the region, come out guns blazing. A shot was fired during what appears to be a fight between Arbery and Travis for control of Travis’s shot gun.  As the fighting proceeds, two more shots are heard. 
Obviously, from what we know, the shots more likely took place during the fight and not before it. So it can hardly be considered a case of blindly shooting a man for the sole reason of them being racist and him being black—as some emotional narratives have portrayed and suggested.

As for your first question....the media doesn’t do justice, so obviously according to them, they are guilty before proven innocent. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Marko
Isn't the prosecutor asking for hate crime charges?  (that's b.s. anyway but a different discussion)
Colion Noir did a video about this (he's a lawyer)  In Georgia going into a house being built is not a crime.  Based on the video footage see so far Abrey did not commit any crimes, no legal citizens arrest could be made.  However he sees someone one who saw him and then runs.  If he is an active jogger/runner ok, but since he is seen running from the house it doesn't really appear he was jogging, but maybe he was.  Regardless they had no legal right to detain Abrey if that is what they intended.  Afaik there were 2 shots from the shotgun as they struggled over it.  If more evidence comes out perhaps we'll know more and have a better understanding, time will tell.  They will not receive the punishment they really deserve imo but that's an unfortunate part of our imperfect system.  Even the most extreme punishment can't replace him or heal his loved ones.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Maybe public schools need to teach gun safety, Like don't grab a police officer's or anyone else's gun.

Maybe a few catchy safety videoes about why you should respect the property of others.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
it's definitely a bizarre situation.  I wouldn't have ran around the truck, I would have ran off to the right, to the trees.  A truck parked like that, in that spot.....nope I would have either gone back in the direction I came or off to one side or the other.  Yeah yeah people will say, that he shouldn't have needed to etc, yup that's true but doesn't make him any less dead does it.  Pulling on the business end of any firearm is at best a stupid idea.  This is not to blame the victim but rather people need to be alert and educated to avoid situations like that.  The dad was in law enforcement so he did know what they were doing wasn't legal, actually law enforcement CAN plead ignorance of the law, actually they call it mistake/mistaken.
tbh anyone owning land and building something should have no trespass signs up, if someone gets hurt on your property......
An "attractive nuisance" is something on your property that draws children in but threatens them with harm. These types of things can be considered a premises liability. A premises liability is when you allow a dangerous condition to occur on your property. These are under the umbrella of personal injury law.

Attractive nuisances can include a wide range of elements, from construction projects and power tools to swimming pools

If the homeowner didn't care if people went onto the construction site why did he have cameras, and cameras that alerted him when someone was on his property?  They might have a case against the homeowner also for creating the situation by not posting no trespass signs.....I bet a jury would award the family money.

Anyway I don't see a murder conviction or a hate crime.  Amazing how it's instantly a hate crime.  So many violent crimes are done out of love and not hate?
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
His only crime was jogging in cargo shorts ;)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Did he have skittles? That's usually a death sentence.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
I think he cut those white guys in line at Popeye’s the day before
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Marko
Marko
-->
@Greyparrot
How in God’s bloomin name is this allowed to take place on a university campus (apparently Howard university campus)?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Marko
Might be fraternity rivalries. 
Marko
Marko
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Concerning the dad, like you said, he probably knew it wasn’t legal, which only reinforces the idea that what happened was never remotely calculated. They just never expected him to behave the way he did.
On a side note, if I personally had a son, and that son was in a struggle with another man for control of a gun, I probably would react more violently than the father did here (but of course I wouldn’t have started the vigilante process in the first place).
I also noticed that Wikipedia completely changed the content of their page regarding the events of the shooting (since yesterday), making it look more like a shot might have been made before and not only during the struggle. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Marko
from what I have heard there where 2 shots from the shotgun, first was off camera to the left, the struggling over the gun happened for a while before the first shot I believe.  Also the father took a shot at him with a handgun.  Not 100% sure about this.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Looks like year 2100 America 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Nah, this is 2100 if we don't fix the border.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
We should do that to Antifa tbh. Go Kent State style on them!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Whitmer for prez. She got the balls to do it.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah, but we need a righty with those balls. She would only mind conservatives protesting.

Someone reminiscent of a  certain president from the 1960s/70s comes to mind.....
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
more analysis and information, things do not appear to be as first described unsurprisingly.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Wait wait...Aubrey was reported to the police as trespassing on Feb 11?????

I thought he was just jogging around with skittles while being black...
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
so now that more info comes out, looks like they should have NOT arrested the father and son, maybe a false arrest lawsuit?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Race-baiting to obscure the facts only goes in one direction and with one race.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
very true given the murders NOT covered by the fake media, like the white female postal worker murdered.  Did you see the video of the black guy holding the white guy at gunpoint?  the white guy was trying to carjack him.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Video does not show up in a search.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Found it.

Hmm, no claims of whites being oppressed by a black man with a gun. No mention of race at all. Just the truth of a victim and a criminal.

Race-baiting only goes one way.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

That postal worker murder...

I read somewhere that some extreme gangs of color culture require a person to kill a light-skinned person to gain full membership.

None of those crimes are ever listed as "hate crimes."
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot

Full video of another confrontation with the police. Guardian edited theirs and disabled comments.

For an innocent jogger, he has quite a history with law enforcement.....
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
You spelled dindu with a J.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Oops! Also used a hard 'R'.