Debate tonight!!

Author: David

Total: 20
David
Debates: 91
David
Greetings everyone, 

I will be doing a live LD tonight with blamonkeyon the topic Resolved: The United States ought to eliminate subsidies for fossil fuel

I will be affirming tthe resolution while blamonkey will be negating! 

EDIT: Debate starts at 10 PM 
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
Cool
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
I will be watching live!
David
David
-->
@Trent0405
Thank you! Enjoy!
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
For future reference, I love watching live debates and providing RFDs immediately after (I'd flow and vote on them). If anyone wants to have that live feedback, I'd be happy to do so, but you'd have to let me know a good deal in advance and arrange the date/time with me. That being said, I am always happy to vote on these debates after the fact.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Why are mods allowed to message the entire website for advertisement. It’s annoying to some people like me. If you want to advertise you can, but using your position as mod to do it is unfair
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
That was a great discussion, loved every minute of it! Both sides did a great job!
David
David
-->
@Trent0405
Thank you! 
David
David
-->
@Trent0405
@fauxlaw
Thoughts on topics for next week? 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@David
A good subject of current events would be: Business should open across the country open for business, using CDC.-recommended tactics [social distancing, face masks, etc]
David
David
-->
@fauxlaw
Interesting topic. I got a few topics from whiteflame. 

Nature is more important than nurture in determining our identity
The United States federal government should permit the use of financial incentives to encourage organ donation
Prisons should be privatized
We should make poverty a significant mitigating factor in criminal sentencing
Western states should not use private military contractors in combat
Artificial intelligence should be given human rights

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s a debateart vs debateart mod vs mod debate. I agree with your statement, but there is relevancy to DART and since it’s the two moderators, it is deemed reasonable. Virtuoso has done many debates with other people not on DART and did not use the mod log
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
It’s a debateart vs debateart mod vs mod debate.
Doesn’t matter who they are.

I agree with your statement, but there is relevancy to DART and since it’s the two moderators, it is deemed reasonable. Virtuoso has done many debates with other people not on DART and did not use the mod log

And that’s how it should be done. Just because they’re mods doesn’t mean they should be allowed to use a platform for their own gain that no else has access to. If there’s a subscription system that’s fine, but just blanketing the entire website is unfair and personally annoying.
CaptainSceptic
Debates: 8
CaptainSceptic
-->
@ILikePie5
use a platform for their own gain 
If you had actually listened to the debate you would have realized it was very debateart focused, and not of personal gain.

It was because of that debate that new ideas came up, around improving judging, improving the userbase etc.

You're holding a spear with no point.  You should drop it before you hurt yourself.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@CaptainSceptic
If you had actually listened to the debate you would have realized it was very debateart focused, and not of personal gain.
If they wanted people to watch they don’t have to spam the entire server. It doesn’t matter what the debate was about, if they don’t allow others to advertise like that, they shouldn’t be doing it in the first place

It was because of that debate that new ideas came up, around improving judging, improving the userbase etc.
All of that could still be achieved without spamming the entire site. Hold them accountable because u sure as hell cant do that if your debate was about the same thing

You're holding a spear with no point.  You should drop it before you hurt yourself.
Dude I’m just calling out what I see as abuse of power. Just because they’re mods doesn’t mean they should be able to advertise the entire server compared to others who use the normal places to advertise 
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Dude I’m just calling out what I see as abuse of power
I wouldn't call it an abuse of power. I would just call it an annoyance at most. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s a debateart vs debateart mod vs mod debate.
Doesn’t matter who they are.
I mean if it is two DART Mods, it could technically matter overall since it is through the site on a certain channel. It wasn't a promo, but it was a way to boost the site overall. He wasn't saying to sub to his channel, but just saying a debate with two debate mods overall.

I agree with your statement, but there is relevancy to DART and since it’s the two moderators, it is deemed reasonable. Virtuoso has done many debates with other people not on DART and did not use the mod log

And that’s how it should be done. Just because they’re mods doesn’t mean they should be allowed to use a platform for their own gain that no else has access to. If there’s a subscription system that’s fine, but just blanketing the entire website is unfair and personally annoying.
I disagree. I don't think it was for Virtuoso's own gain, but for the site gain to promote activity by hosting a live debate. A live debate with two moderators that debate well can boost the site

If I started a DebateArt podcast, I would probably do some form of getting people to listen

Features can always be added. You should suggest that.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
CAPITALISM
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
checked in a little, voices were everything i expected
David
David
-->