Themeless Mafia 1 - Day Phase 1

Author: Lucky

Read-only
Total: 804
Lucky
Debates: 0
Lucky
Can dead town players replace back in the game?
No.

let me know if LiveMafia is happening tonight plz. 
Yes please. Let's make this happen.
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
The reason being that I (as well as zaradi) thought it was obvious that ragnar was claiming a power role and pushing for information was scummy? You are absolutely unable to see why a townie would do that? 

You made a show of it ("If people can't see why I'm unvoting I'm not gonna spell it out.") I have no idea why Ragnar specified which power role he had in the first place. That was completely useless because he didn't even ask anyone to confirm him. If he's town, he could have allowed scum to think he was cop and make them sweat it out -- make them think there was a doc protecting him, who knows. Instead he just said he had a power role and expected everyone to believe him, accept it and move on with no questions asked. The fact that you accepted it so easily is sus.  If Zaradi is a mason or doctor, that explains why HE accepted it easily. But there was no reason for you to unless you were trying to make a show out of not pushing to "mislynch" Ragnar as you declared. Now you're buddying up to Zaradi. I just don't town read you. 
Lucky
Lucky
Day 1 ends in 35 minutes, at 7:10pm EST Friday, May 22nd.

Lunatic
Lunatic
You made a show of it ("If people can't see why I'm unvoting I'm not gonna spell it out.") 
I don't think I made a show of it. I was hoping that would be the last anyone would talk about it. Coal was the one who made a show of it by openly speculating the man's role directly afterwards...

I have no idea why Ragnar specified which power role he had in the first place. That was completely useless because he didn't even ask anyone to confirm him. 

He HAD to. He was at l-1 at the time, practically about to get lynched. If there's any time to come out as a power role that's the friggin time lol. Asking someone to confirm him hurts the only other power role in the game for NO reason. One power role being outted day phase 1 is bad enough.

If he's town, he could have allowed scum to think he was cop and make them sweat it out -- make them think there was a doc protecting him, who knows.
He did try to make them sweat it out though! He didn't give any information indicating he was the mason until Fvcking Coal pried it out and made it known.

Instead he just said he had a power role and expected everyone to believe him, accept it and move on with no questions asked.
No questions asked should have been accepted prima facie when a power role out in an open set up. This is the important part you keep not responding to- If he was lying and scum we would figure that out pretty quickly. Making him prove it by giving more information just helps the mafia...

The fact that you accepted it so easily is sus. 
It should have been accepted at face value because of the open set up. You can't treat an open set up game the same way as any regular old mafia game. There are pretty really consequences to fake claim and it won't take long for that info to make itself known.

Now you're buddying up to Zaradi. I just don't town read you
Zaradi had the same reaction to Coal, if even stronger than I did when he was openly speculating about Ragnar's role. The fact that you don't suspect him for the same reasons shows you are being in-consistent with your logic, or, more likely, you are choosing the one you perceive to be an easier mislynch
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
forgot to tag ya
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Lucky
No.

Why, to spite me? or...? Why?
Lucky
Lucky
No.

Why, to spite me? or...? Why?

Policy. Dead players replacing back into a game in a new slot is bad for game health. I already have fresh players waiting to come in if a replacement is needed.
Lucky
Lucky
-->
@coal
Can someone who is in the other game with Oro please clarify whether he is being active there, or not?
Do not talk about other ongoing games. You can say if a player is posting elsewhere on the site, that is it.
Lucky
Lucky
The above posts goes for everyone else as well. No discussing ongoing games. Period. Thank you.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Lucky
Policy. Dead players replacing back into a game in a new slot is bad for game health. I already have fresh players waiting to come in if a replacement is needed.
Dis-agree entirely. Guarantee you they won't fully read the 700+ posts, they will skim and still not be aware of certain facts. People will catch them up with their biased views of the DP's and they won't get a full spectrum. But it's your game.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
Just to be clear, Ragnar basically said "I have a power role" which I understand why he would have to do... but you believed him with no questions asked. Am I remembering that correctly? Why did you automatically accept that when that's what every scum being accused is going to have to do in a game like this?
Lunatic
Lunatic
Just to be clear, Ragnar basically said "I have a power role" which I understand why he would have to do... but you believed him with no questions asked. Am I remembering that correctly? Why did you automatically accept that when that's what every scum being accused is going to have to do in a game like this?
I didn't. please read post 550.

I said it was a bad idea to lynch him regardless, barring he doesn't outright admit he was scum.
sui_generis
sui_generis
-->
@coal
pretty much my thoughts exactly. whoever said tuf likes to cause town infighting had it lol. I def remember that part on ddo. 

@lunatic it's not personal man but I do think you're the optimal lynch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ town has two jobs: lynch scum and don't get mislynched 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@sui_generis
pretty much my thoughts exactly. whoever said tuf likes to cause town infighting had it lol. I def remember that part on ddo. 
How do you think I am promoting town infighting? Also the person who said that, Oro, never substantiated it. I am assuming he made that comment because in general he's not all that active, and barely makes an effort to read what I, or anyone else who posts frequently, has to say.

@lunatic it's not personal man but I do think you're the optimal lynch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ town has two jobs: lynch scum and don't get mislynched 
You can at least substantiate it, don't be a sheep man just cuz your too lazy to read lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
forgot to tag you again
sui_generis
sui_generis
-->
@Lunatic
bruh fuck quoting on a phone but this post just reads like emotional+blinded town or flailing scum 

your defense is just… limp… 

I think your flip will be illuminating, whether mafia or town. but, to be clear, I expect you to be mafia, even if I would still favor the cost:benefit to town if you were slightly more town

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Lunatic
btw I am not jumping to conclusions about ragnar. With what he said, I feel it's 100% a bad idea to lynch him.  The harm of him being lynched unnecessarily as town outweighs the risk of letting him live an extra day or two just for him to in-evitably die when it comes to fruition that he was lying, if indeed he is. I am not even sure his behavior should be accounted for in this scenario, bar him outright admitting he is scum.

This is what you said: basically that anyone who claimed a power role (literally the only thing scum can do during the day phase) should be ignored because they'll eventally be found out...? This does not sound pro town. No questioning at all? Weird.

Anyway, the dp is about to end and I'm gonna shut down my work computer too at that. So I'll be back for Live Mafia soon. 
Lucky
Lucky
fin
sui_generis
sui_generis
the only part I might be with you on is finding coal's "cautioning Danielle" bit to be unfounded but I didn't analyze that closely enough to say. every single other 722 point I agree with coal and think you sound like you're missing his point 
Lucky
Lucky
Day 1 has ended in a no lynch. Night actions are due in 24 hours, at 7:10pm EST. Airmax is under an active prod and needs to contact me during the night to avoid being replaced. No more talking.
Lucky
Lucky
Unless you are talking about and / or organizing live mafia. Let's make this happen.
sui_generis
sui_generis
-->
@Lunatic
when I say "sheep" I don't mean "blindly follow" it's just a term. I mean I have, up until now, found their arguments and approaches both townie AND compelling, and so I'm comfortable falling in line with that. I'm not uncritically reading coal. if anything he'd be the one I'm MOST critical of, because he's the most opaque to me 

and you're wrong to think that just because you flip town means Ragnar is town 

sui_generis
sui_generis
oshit
sorrz

yes I'll fb message you about live, lucky 
sui_generis
sui_generis
it's set up for 8pm iirc