Joe Biden says that if you don't vote for him then you are not black

Author: Vader

Total: 186
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
if you can't understand why people don't want to be very, very sick and/or die..

That is not what I am saying.

I am pretty sure all 2.7 million Americans that died last year before Corona was discovered had fears of death at some point, but we did not shut the country down with an Authoritarian government. Our rights did not end where the fears of 2.7 million Americans began. 

HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I am pretty sure all 2.7 million Americans that died last year before Corona was discovered had fears of death at some point, but we did not shut the country down with an Authoritarian government. Our rights did not end where the fears of 2.7 million Americans began. 
Because last year's number of people dying wasn't fundamentally different from the year before, or the year before that. A certain level of death among mortals is normal. Covid is not normal. If it had been allowed to spread unchecked we would be looking at deaths in the millions from just Covid alone. That is why lockdowns were absolutely needed. Without them the medical system would have been overwhelmed and collapsed and the mortality rate would spike as there isn't enough to go around. The reason you are able to sit there and underplay how bad covid is, is because the lockdowns have worked.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
The point is that 0.1% of people who get the flu die from it. 0.6%-3% of people who get corona die from it. That is 6 - 30 times more lethal than the flu. Comparing them is like comparing how lethal a wiener dog is to how lethal a bear is. It just makes you look silly.
You’re literally proving my point. One has a vaccine and one doesn’t. For the one with a vaccine 30-60k people STILL died. Comparing the death rates of a disease with a vaccine and one without makes YOU look silly.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re literally proving my point. One has a vaccine and one doesn’t. For the one with a vaccine 30-60k people STILL died. Comparing the death rates of a disease with a vaccine and one without makes YOU look silly.
The flu vaccine only protects against previous strains, it does nothing to prevent new ones, and there are new ones all the time. So the vaccine is only ever going to be partially effective. The reason the flu kills so many people is because there is nothing that we can do to prevent it. It spreads unchecked infecting 10's of millions of people. 0.1% of those 10's of millions die from it. If we didn't go into lockdown, those 10's of millions would have gotten covid. 0.6.% - 3% would have died. probably on the higher end because once it spread that far the healthcare system would have collapsed from the strain and people who might have survived would have died (like what happened in Italy). so where 30k people die of the flu, you would be looking at potentially millions dying from covid. Even with the most serious disease fighting measures in history, over 100,000 are already dead and that number is still going to continue rising. 

Covid is much, much more dangerous than the flu. Pretending like it is just like the flu is childish. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
That "Millions" estimate was thoroughly debunked as junk science. And the actual death numbers are in legitimate skeptical question over deaths FROM COVID vs deaths WITH COVID. Particularly the 2.2 million estimate was absolute bonkers science from "a guy" (Ferguson) who had a history of inflating predicted death numbers way over 1000% of the actual death numbers.

"When it came to dealing with an unexpected surge in infections and deaths from SARS‐CoV‐2 (the virus causing COVID-19 symptoms), federal and state policymakers understandably sought guidance from competing epidemiological computer models. On March 16, a 20‐page report from Neil Ferguson’s team at Imperial College London quickly gathered enormous attention by producing enormous death estimates. Dr. Ferguson had previously publicized almost equally sensational death estimates from mad cow disease, bird flu and swine flu."

Many of those numbers include comorbidity and some autopsies show people simply had Covid with no external symptoms. We won't know if these people would have died naturally without Covid this year until we see the annual death rate in January 2021. Regardless, it's not a reason to exercise this level of authoritarianism. I don't care where you fall on the political spectrum.

Not to mention flu-like deaths also had an unnatural spike from March-May due to retarded liberal policies forcing young people with COVID to live in retirement homes. Like that 20 year old Whitmer put in with a 70 year old where the 20 year old Covid patient beat the living shit out of the 70 year old. Retarded policies. Far more dangerous than the flu. Government literally killing off old people. It's no surprise that the states with the highest COVID deaths are the ones with Democrat Governors. The correlation is blatantly obvious. Retarded ass policies poorly crafted and based off of junk science from "trusted sources"

Even Cuomo has been under fire for that policy.
"Of the 44 hardest-hit congressional districts – the top 10% in terms of deaths – 41 are represented by Democrats, while three are represented by Republicans. These include the New York-area districts, as well as those in the Boston, Detroit and New Orleans metropolitan areas. The average death toll in each of these hardest-hit districts was 1,122 as of May 20."

"The next 100 hardest-hit districts, which represent the remainder of the top third of districts, with an average of 270 deaths, also are disproportionately represented by Democrats: 75 are represented by Democrats, 25 by Republicans."

COVID19 isn't my biggest worry. An authoritative technocrat is though. Remind me to never make plans to retire in a blue state for the next scamdemic. I value my life too much to have retarded governors and mayors placing infected people near me.

Pardon me while I pass on the panicjuice regarding the  "serious nature" of this virus.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Covid is much, much more dangerous than the flu. Pretending like it is just like the flu is childish. 
A good portion of the deaths come from nursing homes after Democratic governors like Cuomo and Whitmer decided to send those infected with COVID into nursing homes. But ya tell me why it has more deaths when literally the most vulnerable are being exposed to it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
If I was a Democrat right now, I would be reevaluating why I allow the monkeys in charge to put me at such risk.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
If I was a Democrat right now, I would be reevaluating why I allow the monkeys in charge to put me at such risk.
It’s such a shame what happened in nursing homes. Utter disaster. I honestly think Trump has a legitimate shot a Minnesota this year. No one likes their city on fire.

With Gary and McMuffin gone, he can easily gain a plurality. In 2016 he was down 8-10 but only lost by 1.5. Most recent polling shows him down by 5. I honestly think he can flip Duluth from blue to red.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
A good portion of the deaths come from nursing homes after Democratic governors like Cuomo and Whitmer decided to send those infected with COVID into nursing homes. But ya tell me why it has more deaths when literally the most vulnerable are being exposed to it.

this was a really irrelevant segue. My point is that covid is much more deadly than the flu, which i backed up with stats. your response was "well look at what an evil democrat did!!!". Your response had nothing to do with the conversation, all you were trying to do was point fingers and make it a partisan issue. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
true. the president has massively failed, along with lots of other politicians (both dems and republicans). It only further reinforces why america needs universal health care. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
My point is that covid is much more deadly than the flu, which i backed up with stats. your response was "well look at what an evil democrat did!!!". Your response had nothing to do with the conversation, all you were trying to do was point fingers and make it a partisan issue. 
No. You’re comparing apples to oranges. The Flu has vaccines, Coronavirus does not. The Flu infected 30 million people in the USA but only 30-60k died because of the vaccine. You’re making a false comparison between death rates because one has a vaccine and one doesn’t. If a vaccine for the flu didn’t exist the numbers would be much much higher.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
true. the president has massively failed, along with lots of other politicians (both dems and republicans). It only further reinforces why america needs universal health care. 

Everything about that statement is 100% verifiably false in light of post 155.

Democrat-run areas are virtual death camps right now and your head is in the sand.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
The Flu has vaccines, Coronavirus does not. The Flu infected 30 million people in the USA but only 30-60k died because of the vaccine.
i think you are confused. the flu only infected 30 million people because of the vaccine. The people the vaccine worked on never got the flu. therefore they are not part of that 30 million. 30-60k of the people who did get the flu (because they weren't vaccinated or got a new strain) died because the flu is much more mild and only kills roughly 0.1% of the people who get it. Corona virus is much more deadly, it kills 0.6%-3% of the people who get it. 

You’re making a false comparison between death rates because one has a vaccine and one doesn’t
a vaccine has nothing to do with the death rate. Either it works and they don't get the disease, or it doesn't and it is meaningless. either way it doesn't affect the death rate. 

If a vaccine for the flu didn’t exist the numbers would be much much higher.
in raw numbers, sure. If 100 million people got the flu, then 0.1% of that number would be more people dying. but it would still be 0.1% of the people who get the flu dying, as opposed to the corona virus that kills 0.6% - 3% of the people who get it. IE the corona virus is 6-30 times more deadly. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Democrat-run areas are virtual death camps right now and your head is in the sand.
there are some harder hit areas, sure. Those areas tend to vote democrat because urban areas tend to be higher educated and the more education an area has, the more likely it is to vote democrat. causation does not equal correlation. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
You misspelled indoctrination by state fiat.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
You misspelled indoctrination by state fiat.
it is a fact that as education and level of wealth increase, populations start to lean democrat more than republican. For some farmer in the middle of nowhere, what use does he have for a government improving the lives of people in cities. But for people who live in cities, have more education and a higher standard of living, they tend to understand the massive benefits of government programs. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
in raw numbers, sure. If 100 million people got the flu, then 0.1% of that number would be more people dying. but it would still be 0.1% of the people who get the flu dying, as opposed to the corona virus that kills 0.6% - 3% of the people who get it. IE the corona virus is 6-30 times more deadly. 
That’s not how it works lol. If there is no vaccine, then more people will get it. More people will transmit it and more people will die. With the flu vaccine you remove a lot of people. You yourself claimed the flu vaccine wasn’t effective. Not me. If the flu was a novel virus like the Coronavirus, their death rates would be comparable, cause right now there’s a flu vaccine plus antibodies in the vast majority of Americans that can combat the flu to a certain extent.

TL;DR Vaccine reduces chances of infection, therefore less people get infected and less people die. The Flu isn’t novel and Americans have some immunity against it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Oh yeah, those massive benefits like being allowed to loot and riot in your neighborhood while your local government kills off the elderly with COVID. There are plenty of rich conservatives living in the suburbs that don't rely on suppressing minorities for a quick buck. Most urbanites are so heavily highly indoctrinated with state propaganda that they cheered Cortez for destroying jobs and prosperity. The same highly indoctrinated people also confuse the scientific method with authoritarianism, because they would like to pretend they know how science works, and it aint by government fiat. In fact, there are zero scientific reasons for most of the government programs, yet they get away with the "follow the science" bullshit because state indoctrination has fooled the highly indoctrinated to believe authority = science.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
TL;DR Vaccine reduces chances of infection, therefore less people get infected and less people die. The Flu isn’t novel and Americans have some immunity against it.
you're missing my point yet again. you are describing something that changes how many people will get a disease and then confusing it as something that effects the mortality rate of the disease. it doesn't matter how many people get the flu, the mortality rate of it stays pretty much the same. the mortality rate of Covid is much higher than that of the flu. if we hadn't gone into lock down to prevent the spread, covid would have killed potentially millions of people. if every single person in america got the flu, it wouldn't kill nearly that many people. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
You really need to go back to biology class homie and understand how viruses work. I can’t debate you unless you have studied and understand the biology beyond viruses. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
There are plenty of rich conservatives living in the suburbs that don't rely on suppressing minorities for a quick buck.
those are almost a contradiction of terms, "rich", "conservative" and "don't rely on suppressing minorities". The rich become the rich by leaching wealth away from the poor. 

Most urbanites are so heavily highly indoctrinated with state propaganda that they cheered Cortez for destroying jobs and prosperity.
lol, yes that damn education indoctrinates people by teaching them actual facts. life would be so much simpler if people just didn't learn things and did as they were told. 

In fact, there are zero scientific reasons for most of the government programs, yet they get away with the "follow the science" bullshit because state indoctrination has fooled the highly indoctrinated to believe authority = science.
and there is that "don't believe science, they're stupid" mentality that shows how intellectually devoid right wing ideology has become. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
You really need to go back to biology class homie and understand how viruses work. I can’t debate you unless you have studied and understand the biology beyond viruses. 
i'm going to try to simplify this for you. there are 2 concepts here. there is how far the virus spreads, and there is how deadly the disease once it spreads. Vaccines prevent the spread of the disease. They slow down or inhibit this so that it affects less people. That is a very good thing. But it does absolutely nothing to affect how deadly the disease is once someone has it. 

Covid kills a much higher percentage of the people who catch it. that makes it's mortality rate much higher. That combined with how easily it spreads, makes it a much, much more dangerous disease than the flu. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Take biology class brother. Good day.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
Vaccines prevent the spread of the disease. They slow down or inhibit this so that it affects less people. That is a very good thing. But it does absolutely nothing to affect how deadly the disease is once someone has it. 

that is actually incorrect, in mismatched years the flu vaccine still offers SOME benefit, often when people get the flu even though they received the flu vaccine they don't get AS sick as they would have otherwise.  They don't prevent the spread of the disease, the vaccine stimulates the body to produce antibodies to the virus much like the hepatitis and other vaccines.
So in a way having the vaccine could make you an asymptomatic carrier potentially.  Have you ever been told or heard not to share drink containers etc during cold and flu season?  That's partly because of asymptomatic people.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Take biology class brother. Good day.
i'm sorry, but I can't explain it to you in simpler terms than that. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
that is actually incorrect, in mismatched years the flu vaccine still offers SOME benefit, often when people get the flu even though they received the flu vaccine they don't get AS sick as they would have otherwise.  They don't prevent the spread of the disease, the vaccine stimulates the body to produce antibodies to the virus much like the hepatitis and other vaccines.
i know, but I'm struggling to get him to understand even the most basic terms. I have no intention of trying to explain something more complicated. 

So in a way having the vaccine could make you an asymptomatic carrier potentially.  Have you ever been told or heard not to share drink containers etc during cold and flu season?  That's partly because of asymptomatic people.
true. few things in life are simple. however after repeating the same basic point to him over and over and have him completely not understand it, I fail to see the point in trying to explain more detail. I'm trying to get across that covid is much deadlier that the flu and he is totally not getting it. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
those are almost a contradiction of terms, "rich", "conservative" and "don't rely on suppressing minorities". The rich become the rich by leaching wealth away from the poor. 

Thank you for demonstrating your level of Marxist mastery. You must be among the highly indoctrinated.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
"don't believe science, they're stupid" 

They don't actually say that. They say don't believe crony scientists in authoritative power because they are systemically corrupt.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Thank you for demonstrating your level of Marxist mastery. You must be among the highly indoctrinated.

you think that understanding that rich want to get richer makes me a marxist? I'm not sure you understand how capitalism works. 

"don't believe science, they're stupid" 
They don't actually say that. They say don't believe crony scientists in authoritative power because they are systemically corrupt.
bottom line, the right systematically chooses to ignore any science, or facts that don't reinforce what they want to believe. they only see what they want to see, and reality be damned. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
you think that understanding that rich want to get richer makes me a marxist? I'm not sure you understand how capitalism works. 

I don't think you understand how Marxism works.