Author: Mopac

Total: 220
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@ethang5

Is it obvious that suicide is wrong?
No. Why would you consider suicide wrong?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@janesix
No. I'm saying that it is not true that if God were obvious, everyone would be of one religion. God is obvious.
ethang5
ethang5
Is it obvious that suicide is wrong?

No. Why would you consider suicide wrong?
Case in point.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@ethang5
In what way is God obvious? Can you be specific?
ethang5
ethang5
In what way is murder obvious? There are things we just know. Put a breast to a baby's mouth, he sucks. Dunk him underwater, he holds his breath. Obvious.

There are babies that will drown or won't suck. But they are sick. Something is wrong with them.

Ever been looking for something and it was right there all the time? So that you wonder how you could have missed it? Something being obvious does not mean everyone will see it. Some people have something wrong with them.
janesix
janesix
-->
@ethang5
I don't think there is anything "wrong" with atheists. 

I think it is up to God to make a connection with someone. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
I gotcha.

You are right, the matter is confusing. Just as there are a lot of claims "This is the truth!" So are claims about God.

There are a lot of people who say, "this is reality, this is truth, this is the way it is". Disputing these assertions is one thing, but it is patently ridiculous to deny reality itself. Truth itself. That there is a way it truly is.

So I completely understand why someone might deny God, their understanding of the concept being burdened by superstition. So it is my position that most atheists who deny the existence of God are not aware of what the concept actually means. The kind of people who know what it is they are denying? I would say they have adopted an insane position.

So yeah, you are perhaps right. It isn't obvious. Not if you aren't aware of what the concept means.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@janesix
Is telling me what you think supposed to be how reality is? I'm looking for my keys. They are right there in front of me. How is that the fault of the keys?

I think it is up to God to make a connection with someone.
Then you don't know who God is. It is up to God to make Himself findable. But we have to have the correct attitude to see Him. Millions of people do find Him. There is no excuse.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Belonging to a group has nothing to do with believing in God.

Sound Christian theology teaches relationship to The Truth and Truth worship. I can't guarantee that whatever group of Christians you encounter teaches this. Anyone can start a church.

Relationship with God is personal. Someone can't do it for you.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
You aren't arguing against me, you are arguing against God. What part of this implies that I am God?

You're deflecting like the mad fumbler you are. Keep shouting from the rooftops, "The truth is a lie!".

You are crazy.

janesix
janesix
-->
@ethang5
I wouldn't claim to know who God is. It is up to God to show me how much of himself He wants to reveal. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
Belonging to a group has nothing to do with believing in God. 
I get what you are saying and you'd win a argument about this. ( in the essence )
But. Its bloody horrible. Say it again and listen, 
Ready?

BELONGING TO A GROUP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BELIEVING IN GOD. 

It doesn't sound good does it ?
To me it sounds like ! "The milk is sour " 
And if the milk is sour, I ain't the kind of pussy to drink it. 

So mopac is your post a legitimate Muslim post?

Like this " ultimate super duper supreme reality you are talking about, aluding too is like believing in what the Torah says and teaches ? 
God the ultimate reality right ?  

Instead of saying. 
Belonging to a group has nothing to do with believing in God 
What about
Believing in God has nothing to do with being or joining a religious group?

If your statement is true.  Then this next statement is true right.?
100% of the theists on this site correctly picked / joined /  the right religious group.  ( correct, right . religious group means the one that is 100% correct.)
The right / correct religious group is According to what God deems as correct. 
Right?

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Based on your posts, I don't think you know what an argument is.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
In their vain imaginations, they became fools. Imaginations are the opposite of reality. You leave reality, you become a fool. And the end of foolishness is the idiocy that there is no God.

As usual, Ethan has nothing to offer, especially in the area of reality where he believes his God exists but couldn't demonstrate that if his life depended on it.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@janesix
I wouldn't claim to know who God is. It is up to God to show me how much of himself He wants to reveal. 
True. But we still must have the right attitude. God is not selling us anything. He doesn't need us. We need Him. He is not some advertiser vying for our attention.

Without the right attitude, He doesn't show Himself. You lose.

janesix
janesix
-->
@ethang5
Maybe you are right. I don't know. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
But we still must have the right attitude.

Please explain this alleged "right attitude"?  Is it in Scriptures or something you decided to make up?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
Without the right attitude, He doesn't show Himself. You lose.

Of course, it has nothing to do with one's behavior, it's all about the "attitude" or else we lose. Hilarious.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
According to Merriam-webster...

"1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality"

1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: such as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality

As we can easily see by the actual definition in Merriam's, the author dishonestly left out the rest of the definition, which shows something different than what he is claiming.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
Please explain this alleged "right attitude"?  Is it in Scriptures or something you decided to make up?

Maybe not for Jane but certainly for you...

" My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit

But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

-The Bible

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw
humble

That appears to be the one word associated with most of those verses, yet I see nothing humble with any of you believers here, quite the contrary.

Not that you've contradicted yourself, have you anything else in regards to attitude?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@janesix
That is a better attitude than most have shown here.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@janesix

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@EtrnlVw
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

These types of statements are littered among some religious texts, primarily the Abrahamic. They are statements meant to divide people into an "us and them" mentality, often spawned from bitterness and confusion. They appear to originate from those who must constantly be told they're delusional; making sure they distance themselves from anyone who would talk sense. Guffaw at the rational, raspberry the reasonable and spit on common sense.

Using the term "Discerned" as an adjective for "Spiritually" makes no sense based on the definition. You can't discern something that's never been shown to exist. It's like saying we can discern the Leprechauns riding Unicorns in the Kentucky Derby from the other riders and horses by carefully squinting our eyes a certain way. Absurd.

Discern: perceive or recognize (something). distinguish (someone or something) with difficulty by sight or with the other senses
Goldtop
Goldtop
I used to think that people who had said in their hearts, "There is no God", the bible called " fools" because of what they said in their hearts. No. It isn't what they said that made them fools. It was being fools that made them say it.

In their vain imaginations, they became fools. Imaginations are the opposite of reality. You leave reality, you become a fool. And the end of foolishness is the idiocy that there is no God.

I'm humbled by your attitude.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
That appears to be the one word associated with most of those verses

Lol, so in other words Ethan wasn't just "making up" crap?

yet I see nothing humble with

Psst…..pass the buck.....

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
Using the term "Discerned" as an adjective for "Spiritually" makes no sense

It's okay, simple things take longer for simple souls. You'll come around now or later. 
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Goldtop
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

God is obviously supernatural, not natural, the designer of nature....You want to hang at his crib you better up your game, no us vs them Goin on.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Im humbled by your humbling attitude. 
Deep breaths
In through the nose out through the mouth. 

I've been humbled as going on two hours now, and i mean real real humble like. 
I'm thinking what ,  give it a hour or two at this level of humbleness I'm currently putting out and who knows hey? 
I could be getting me a visit from a certain , " you know who " fingers crossed.

Maybe Ethang5 is right. 

Oh and i hope each and every one of you guys have a fantastic day. 
Lots of love Deb mmmmmmmmmmm

Good day 
Good day
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Goldtop
Using the term "Discerned" as an adjective for "Spiritually" makes no sense based on the definition.

"Are" is a helping verb for "discerned", also a verb.  Spiritually is not a noun.