Author: RoderickSpode

Total: 99
RoderickSpode
Debates: 0
RoderickSpode
-->
@Athias
@PressF4Respect
When an ant bumps against a glass, the only evidence that demonstrates is there's an ant and a glass. The complexity of the ant's location and the position of the glass doesn't necessarily inform a creator or higher power. It's a conclusion without a substantiated premise.

With your hypothetical, you have Given A (there is a glass barrier somewhere in space) and Conclusion C (there is/isn't some sort of higher power). 

The problem is (demonstrated by Athias) you have the Grand Canyon in between those two. Unless and until you build Bridge B to connect A and C, the logic will not follow (hence, a non-sequitur).
In your opinion(s), do you think there's evidence of life on other planets?
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@RoderickSpode
That we know of yet? No.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RoderickSpode
In your opinion(s), do you think there's evidence of life on other planets?
Don't confuse 'evidence' with 'theoretical reasons to believe.' And before you bother, the probablility of life on another planet is incalculably higher than the probability of another dimension inhabited by an all powerful undefinable entity. Why? Because we know that (a) planets exist, (b) elements are common throughout the cosmos, (c) the cosmos is unimaginably large, and most importantly (d) life demonstrably exists on one of these planets. 

There is no similar demonstration for any extra dimensional entity. 
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@PressF4Respect
That we know of yet? No.
Just to clarify, do you mean there's no life on other planets that we know of, or no evidence of life on other planets that we know of?
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ludofl3x
Don't confuse 'evidence' with 'theoretical reasons to believe.' And before you bother, the probablility of life on another planet is incalculably higher than the probability of another dimension inhabited by an all powerful undefinable entity. Why? Because we know that (a) planets exist, (b) elements are common throughout the cosmos, (c) the cosmos is unimaginably large, and most importantly (d) life demonstrably exists on one of these planets. 

There is no similar demonstration for any extra dimensional entity. 
That's interesting because now that we have an official UFO disclosure, your claim opens up a new can of worms.

The contextual definition of a UFO (as relating to the 3 videos released to the public) is

"intelligently-controlled airborne objects not apparently made by humans".

While there's no suggestion of where they originate, a likely possibility would be inter-dimensional travelers. At least as likely, but probably more than aliens traveling from incredible distances from other planets.

Do you think these objects as being described in the provided quote would have to originate from a different planet?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RoderickSpode
The contextual definition of a UFO (as relating to the 3 videos released to the public) is

"intelligently-controlled airborne objects not apparently made by humans".
No, it isn't, that's YOUR definition. You're adding something that is in no way necessary, again. The definition of UFO is right in the abbreviation: it's merely an unidentified flying object. You add the "not apparently made by humans" without earning it. I know it's tempting to think that, but there isn't any reason to. A UFO can be a drone, it can be a meteor, it can be a reflection or optical illusion. It can be a lot of things, including alien spacecraft, but by adding the "not apparently made by humans," you are adding your own theory and inviting confirmation bias. Next step is a conspiracy theory: because it was hidden it MUST be aliens, when really it could be classified aircraft they don't want to reveal to the public or enemy versions of the same. 

a likely possibility would be inter-dimensional travelers.
How is this a "likely possibility"? What other dimension?

Do you think these objects as being described in the provided quote would have to originate from a different planet?
Not even close. They might, but they don't have to. 
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ludofl3x
No, it isn't, that's YOUR definition. You're adding something that is in no way necessary, again. The definition of UFO is right in the abbreviation: it's merely an unidentified flying object. You add the "not apparently made by humans" without earning it. I know it's tempting to think that, but there isn't any reason to. A UFO can be a drone, it can be a meteor, it can be a reflection or optical illusion. It can be a lot of things, including alien spacecraft, but by adding the "not apparently made by humans," you are adding your own theory and inviting confirmation bias. Next step is a conspiracy theory: because it was hidden it MUST be aliens, when really it could be classified aircraft they don't want to reveal to the public or enemy versions of the same. 
I'm sorry, did you think I made that term up?

On April 27, 2020, the US Department of Defense issued a public statement authorising the release of three “UFO” videos taken by US Navy pilots.
The footage appears to depict airborne, heat-emitting objects with no visible wings, fuselage or exhaust, performing aerodynamically in ways that no known aircraft can achieve. The DoD doesn’t use the terms “unidentified flying object” or “UFO” but does clearly state “the aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain characterized as ‘unidentified’.”
Thoughts about what UFOs are vary widely – from illusions to alien spacecraft. However, a workable, conservative definition is: “intelligently-controlled airborne objects not apparently made by humans”.

I'm not talking about UFOs in general. I'm talking about the official disclosure of the 3 released videos. I know what UFO means. The term is broad. Anything to some degree can be a UFO, or partial UFO. For instance, someone can observe a bird flying, but not able to identify the species. They know it's a bird, or probably a bird, but unfamiliar with the species. But that's not what we're talking about. These objects are not birds. Another term they're using is Unidentified aerial phenomena. So these UFOs are not unidentified in the sense that they can be anything (bird, balloon, frisbee, etc.). It's determined that due to the aerial maneuvering of the objects that they most likely are being operated by an intelligent force.

And for emphasis, this is not a conspiracy theory. This is information given to the public.

How is this a "likely possibility"? What other dimension?
Isn't that like asking what planet do they come from?

How is it possible?

Again, how is it possible to travel from planets that would require them to be probably be far beyond our solar system? We can't do it.

Not even close. They might, but they don't have to. 
To make sure we're on the same page, and you're not confusing my statement with could they be something else like weather balloons, another alternative might be inter-dimensional travel, right?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RoderickSpode
No, bc i can think of other reasons. That's the trick of spirituality... the dualistic realization that both natural and supernatural explanations can both be valid. Humans just stick to natural explanations bc they are easier... and to the "logical minded" more probable. But, that doesn't mean the latter is not the answer. 
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Outplayz

No, bc i can think of other reasons. That's the trick of spirituality... the dualistic realization that both natural and supernatural explanations can both be valid. Humans just stick to natural explanations bc they are easier... and to the "logical minded" more probable. But, that doesn't mean the latter is not the answer. 
Here's the format of this conversation.

When I posed a question to anyone reading in general about evidence of life on other planets, Ludo suggested there's far more likely to be life on other planets than an inter-dimensional God (or creator), because we witness life on a planet being of course earth.  Of course we also have something similar to different dimensions within earth's one dimensional environment when considering the animal kingdom's relation to humans when we create their environments (a zoo, a farm, an aquarium, etc.). So we have that in common with God. But that's another issue.

I think he meant we see other planets, but we don't see other dimensions.

So I brought up the military UFO disclosure, where no real conclusion has been drawn, or can be drawn as far as their origin. It's just as plausible for them to originate from a different dimension as it would be originating from a distant planet. So I was attempting to see if he could reconsider that claim based on origin/opinion of the official UFO videos.