Tyranny at Lafayette Park

Author: PressF4Respect

Total: 353
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
Spot on. What these clowns don't get, but I'm sure the Founders did, was that what you suggest is the more productive kind of protest: whether things can be improved, or not [and when can they not be improved?], I will improve myself, and then improve society by my positive contribution. Now that's protest with a real purpose, and motivation to go do something about it than into the streets to LOL, or whatever frightened little girls do.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
@ILikePie5
By following Greyparrot's social media example in his post #295. Rather than go into the streets to protest [that can be done, but does anything ever really change without doing as he noted?] Get an education and then contribute our knowledge to the improvement of society. Look, do you know what most of the anti-establishment youth of the protest era of the 60s did? The became educated and joined the establishment, that's what. Or, they dropped out, tuned out, and turned on, and they've been that way ever since. That's no progress. Things have improved since then, and its not been by mindless drivel protest in the streets; it's by educated progress by application of education, and not by counter-culture theory by protest in the streets.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@fauxlaw
I see two arguments you sourced. One says it was used; one says it wasn't. YOU are believng one source over the other. I'd like to know why.
You seem to be implying that Bill Barr’s words are true because Bill Barr said them, which is not only an argument from authority fallacy, but one where the authority is trying to defend itself, and thus would try to paint the rosiest picture possible.

I was not there, and I do not automatically trust the media to tell a straight story.
You were the one who claimed that the crowds on that day were unruly. You need to back up this claim with evidence, bud.

Yes, but there are conditions affecting severity of injury, such as preexisting asthma, respiration disorders, etc. Maybe people suffering these conditions should think twice about what they get involved with, yeah? 
Immediate signs and symptoms of exposure to a riot control agent
People exposed to riot control agents may experience some or all of the following symptoms immediately after exposure:
  • Eyes: excessive tearing, burning, blurred vision, redness
  • Nose: runny nose, burning, swelling
  • Mouth: burning, irritation, difficulty swallowing, drooling
  • Lungs: chest tightness, coughing, choking sensation, noisy breathing (wheezing), shortness of breath
  • Skin: burns, rash
  • Other: nausea and vomiting

Your reasoning, as well, assuming the crowd was not unruly. Refer to above regarding the media.
You were the one who claimed that the crowds on that day were unruly. You need to back up this claim with evidence, bud.

Leave when things do get out of hand. Personal responsibility; yeah?
That's exactly what they did after the police started firing.

Faulty logic. Please tell me how you prove a negative. Nope, won't happen.
If everyone thinks, "Oh, maybe I shouldn't go because it could be large," and ends up not going, then no one would be there. If no one's there, then there's no protest there. 

Refer to above. I was not there. I don't trust media. Period. I cannot speak for your carte blanche trust
I don't want to have to repeat myself again. 

LOL. You use this a lot. You do know, don't you, it means "frightened little girl."
Wtf? LOL is an acronym for "laugh out loud". 🤦‍♂️

No kidding. You think maybe that's not a good idea? What happened to protest. Like I said: frightened little girls.
Are you calling them frightened little girls for evacuating when tear gas came flying their way, even though you said that was what they were supposed to do? Please explain what you're trying to convey here.

Is gathering in a crowd the only way to protest?
It certainly is a valid way to protest, is it not?

Mindless drivel. Uncreative lot, these protesters
How you feel about them has nothing to do with whether or not they should be allowed to do what they did, and whether or not the following police action was justified. You're going off-topic here.

and, well, if the shoe fits... so too their supporters who stay home. Like someone in this conversation???
Oh wow, it looks like the ad homs are here. What a shame.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@PressF4Respect
Bruh you lost all credibility when you claimed conservatives protesting lockdowns were like terrorists and not peaceful. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@ILikePie5
They were attacking police officers with bottles full of unknown liquids. 
Please clarify who "they" are.

The officer were asked them to back up because of the curfew half an hour prior.
Because of the curfew half an hour prior

It’s foolish to think those who wouldn't back up would magically go home after the curfew came.
  1. If there was a warning, it was barely audible. (I didn't clearly hear it in the video)
  2. Once it hits 7, then the police would have been more justified. But there were still 25 minutes before the curfew would go into effect.
So the cops should sit there and do nothing until the church gets vandalized and looted again? Good idea!
Not what I said. Please respond to my actual statements, not the strawman caricatures of them.

They were throwing bottles of unknown liquids at police officers and that’s what happened the night before. It wasn’t peaceful at that point. If they didn’t throw bottles and stuff at police officers I’d say there was no threat, but they did...

Saint John’s Catedral, Lafayette Park
Were the protesters there directly a threat to the cathedral and the park? Because if you're saying that there is the potential for there to be a threat, then any pedestrian with a pocket knife could also be forcefully expelled from the area, as they would also have the potential to be a "threat".

Lmao, your two “anonymous” officials lack any sort of credibility unless we know who they are. And plus you’re intentionally being misleading by saying he didn’t give the order. He didn’t give the tactical order. He said “get it done.” And the Park Officials/Guard gave the tactical order to do so.
If "get it done" isn't an order, then what is it?

Welcome to the bureaucracy of Washington D.C.
So hours-long delays are the norm? What were they trying to do that would result in such a long hold up?

I think you need to reread all of your sources that you have used. Both Fauxlaw and I have pointed out your contradictory sources.
It's contradictory only if you believe Bill Barr is a credible source. He said he gave the order in the morning, but then somehow there was a delay until he told the guard to "get it done". Also, where did Fauxlaw point out my contradictory sources? All he said was "I don't believe them."

Lafayette Park and Saint Johns Catedral fall under the authority of the US Park Service. So no, they weren’t on the streets. They were moved to the streets after they refused to do so.
The park was fenced off, and they weren't protesting on the property of the cathedral. 

Not true. If your goal is to be peaceful, you hand the person over to the police. You do everything in your power to keep it peaceful. I didn’t see people bring the culprits forward.
How do you know there was no attempt to bring the culprit to justice? How do you know, for a fact, that they didn't try to apprehend the provocateur, and that they were just unsuccessful in doing so? You obviously can't bring forward the offender to police if you don't have them in your grasp.

This is irrelevant considering the actions of the previous night. I’ve said multiple times, if the actions of the previous night didn’t happen and people weren’t throwing water bottles, I would support your cause.
  1. How do you know that those protesters were the same ones that attended the riot the previous night? You haven't answered this question.
  2. Which "people" were throwing water bottles? 
As soon as they started throwing water bottles like the night before, there was an immediate threat to both the police officers

and Lafayette Park/ St. John’s Catedral.
As soon as one bottle is thrown, they're a direct threat to the property. OK

Jeez Louise, it’s a preventative measure. After the actions of the previous night there was a threat to public safety.
If you're saying that there is the potential for there to be a threat, then any pedestrian with a pocket knife could also be forcefully expelled from the area, as they would also have the potential to be a "threat".

If they got a permit BLM would be held legally accountable if something did happened. But since they didn’t and there was a credible threat, police moved them out.
People have been holding near-daily demonstrations there for decades, if not centuries. Did all of them have a permit?

You’re literally parroting media talking points, but ok.
I never said that it was true just because a member of the media said it.

If it’s fits their narrative, why wouldn’t they lie? People like you are going to believe them like gospel. If they say Orangeman bad because of this this and this you’re going to believe them without question. I however choose to analyze sources. Question it’s move. They posted something false in the article, why wouldn’t there me more, because they’re clearly biased against Trump. Bias implies an agenda.
If you find more reliable alternative sources for each of the points that the media made, then I will go with your sources (for those points). Do you have any such sources, for example, to counter their tear gas claims (Bill Barr doesn't count)?

Lmao, they’re the terrorists? Are they the ones burning stuff down? Are they ones looting? Are they the ones burning? Are they the ones killing? Conservative protests were peaceful. Did police ever use tear gas, or rubber bullets, or anything of the like once? No, because the protests were peaceful. Just cause they have guns doesnt mean they aren’t peaceful. You have lost all credibility by saying these protests weren’t peaceful.

yUp deFiNiTElY pEAceFuL lol

Did MLK advocate for non-violence. Did MLK condemn the violence some African American groups were committing? Show me one time where a protest lead by MLK became violent. 
Please respond to my actual statements, not the strawman caricatures of them.

Wym? They’re all right next to each other.
How do you know? Judging by the angle the bottle was thrown, the person who threw it was pretty far back. How do you know they were all standing next to each other back there?

If they wanted to they could’ve handed him over to the police. Oh wait, they didn’t.
How do you know they had him in their grasp?

Back up at the warnings of police officers?
Were there clearly audible warnings? I tried to make out the warnings in the video at the timestamps you provided, but I couldn't clearly make them out. Can't expect them to back up if they didn't hear the warnings.

Hand over bad actors to the police.
What if you don't have those bad actors?

Don’t stay in a protest that has violence?
If there is one group that intends to make all protests violent (and they could very easily do so with your definition of violent), then what's the point of even protesting at all?

Cause they were being violent by throwing water bottles. That’s how it started the night before.

Why not? It happened in D.C. the night prior as well. If we didn’t learn from history, we wouldn’t be here today.
In order for you to say this with certainty, you need to prove that there is a causal connection between the two. You can't just say, "That one went like that, so this one will too."

Police officers getting assaulted.
Who was assaulting them? The crowd, or just the saboteurs? 

Plus it was a preventative measure to protect federal property based on the events of the night prior. Unless you defend that Ofc and say the police shouldn’t have done anything to ensure it was safe.
If you're saying that there is the potential for there to be a threat, then any pedestrian with a pocket knife could also be forcefully expelled from the area, as they would also have the potential to be a "threat".
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@PressF4Respect
I’m not going to argue with something who believes that the conservatives protesting lockdowns were like terrorists and were violent. You’ve lost all credibility.

Thanks for showing how a peaceful protest works. People trying to break up the fight. People calling for the police. Police came and solved the issue.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@ILikePie5
Do you know what they were fighting over? An effigy of Michigan's Governor being hung on a fishing rod. 

Also, there was a fight over an axe.

Yeah. Certainly seems peaceful to me. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@PressF4Respect
Do you know what they were fighting over? An effigy of Michigan's Governor being hung on a fishing rod. 
Protected under the first amendment.

“Hanging in effigy was a common form of political protest in the 18th and 19thcenturies. Presidents Washington, Adams, and Jefferson were all hanged in effigy; and before the civil war, “Hang Abe Lincoln on a Sour Apple Tree” was a commonly sung parody of “John Brown’s Body.” (There was a similar song about Lincoln’s southern counterpart, Jefferson Davis.).”

“The First Amendment protects the right to free expression, which includes the right to shoot, burn, or in any way destroy an image of anyone including the president as long you’re not posing a “credible threat.” The standard here is whether there is genuine intent to commit or incite violence, and also whether that violence is likely to actually occur. If there’s no “clear and present danger,” as Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. put it, there’s no basis for censorship.”

Also, there was a fight over an axe.

Yeah. Certainly seems peaceful to me.
And the cops were called to resolve the issue among a couple of bad apples because the protestors wanted a peaceful protest. Keep on saying conservative protests were not peaceful bud. George Floyd protests were a million times worse.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@ILikePie5
Protected under the first amendment.

“Hanging in effigy was a common form of political protest in the 18th and 19thcenturies. Presidents Washington, Adams, and Jefferson were all hanged in effigy; and before the civil war, “Hang Abe Lincoln on a Sour Apple Tree” was a commonly sung parody of “John Brown’s Body.” (There was a similar song about Lincoln’s southern counterpart, Jefferson Davis.).”

“The First Amendment protects the right to free expression, which includes the right to shoot, burn, or in any way destroy an image of anyone including the president as long you’re not posing a “credible threat.” The standard here is whether there is genuine intent to commit or incite violence, and also whether that violence is likely to actually occur. If there’s no “clear and present danger,” as Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. put it, there’s no basis for censorship.”
Yeah, if there's no genuine intent to commit or incite violence or clear and present danger. There is both. We know that there is clear intent to commit or incite violence because there have been dozens of posts on Facebook made to hang her. We know that there is also a clear and present danger because they're brandishing firearms.

And the cops were called to resolve the issue among a couple of bad apples because the protestors wanted a peaceful protest. Keep on saying conservative protests were not peaceful bud. George Floyd protests were a million times worse.
I wonder what would happen if protesters show up at the White House with guns and a hung effigy of Trump. 🤔 

He’d probably retreat to his bunker and order them to be shot on sight lol. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@PressF4Respect
Yeah, if there's no genuine intent to commit or incite violence or clear and present danger. There is both. We know that there is clear intent to commit or incite violence because there have been dozens of posts on Facebook made to hang her. We know that there is also a clear and present danger because they're brandishing firearms.
Incite violence against the person by that same person. Not others. Him. Plus it is legal to open carry in Michigan, so no, they’re not brandishing weapons, they’re exercising their 2nd Amendment and following state law. 

I wonder what would happen if protesters show up at the White House with guns and a hung effigy of Trump. 🤔

He’d probably retreat to his bunker and order them to be shot on sight lol.
It’s illegal to open carry in D.C. And concealed carry is very restrictive. Plus it is illegal to carry a firearm within 1000 ft of the White House. I don’t make gun laws, the states do. 

“D.C. has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. The city prohibits the open carrying of guns, and carrying concealed weapons is allowed only with a permit. Although a court recently upended a significant portion of D.C.’s concealed-carry law, it still remains illegal to carry a permitted concealed gun within 1,000 feet of a protest, on public transportation or anywhere near the White House, National Mall or U.S. Capitol.”

So much for your hypothetical huh?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@ILikePie5
Incite violence against the person by that same person. Not others. Him.
Who's him? You're saying there was only one person carrying a gun there?

Plus it is legal to open carry in Michigan, so no, they’re not brandishing weapons, they’re exercising their 2nd Amendment and following state law. 
Sure, but what about those who sent death threats to the state governor? What if they attended the protest with guns?

It’s illegal to open carry in D.C. And concealed carry is very restrictive. Plus it is illegal to carry a firearm within 1000 ft of the White House. I don’t make gun laws, the states do. 

“D.C. has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. The city prohibits the open carrying of guns, and carrying concealed weapons is allowed only with a permit. Although a court recently upended a significant portion of D.C.’s concealed-carry law, it still remains illegal to carry a permitted concealed gun within 1,000 feet of a protest, on public transportation or anywhere near the White House, National Mall or U.S. Capitol.”

Ok. What if they did the same thing, except on Trump's campaign trail in a state where open carry is legal?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@PressF4Respect
Who's him? You're saying there was only one person carrying a gun there?
We are referring to the person who had the effigy lol. It’s protected by the first amendment. Is the “violence” by him actually likely to happen? Nope.

Sure, but what about those who sent death threats to the state governor? What if they attended the protest with guns?
Maybe you should reread the Justice’s statement, specifically the part where the he said “whether that violence is likely to actually occur.” I think we both know that death threats are investigated to ensure no actual action is likely to occur. Plus having an effigy and lawfully carrying a firearm are protected rights. Exercising both of them together isn’t illegal.

Ok. What if they did the same thing, except on Trump's campaign trail in a state where open carry is legal?
Sure, if they’re protesting outside of a Trump event with gun’s in an open carry state, it’s perfectly fine. Problem is your side doesn’t support open carry nor concealed carry because they’re anti-gun.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@ILikePie5
We are referring to the person who had the effigy lol. It’s protected by the first amendment. Is the “violence” by him actually likely to happen? Nope.
It could very well incite others to violence. 

Maybe you should reread the Justice’s statement, specifically the part where the he said “whether that violence is likely to actually occur.” I think we both know that death threats are investigated to ensure no actual action is likely to occur.
The posts made could very possibly have influenced some of the protest attendees. Thus, how do you know that no actual action was likely to occur?

Sure, if they’re protesting outside of a Trump event with gun’s in an open carry state, it’s perfectly fine.
But Trump would probably still shit his pants, evacuate the area, and call for armed guards to fire upon the protesters. lol

Problem is your side doesn’t support open carry nor concealed carry because they’re anti-gun.

The point of my hypothetical is to show that if protesters do the exact same thing to the president and his staff that they did to Michigan's Capitol, then Trump would probably call them "Domestic Terrorists".

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@ILikePie5
Also, you seem to have gone on a tangent to a completely different topic, while (supposedly) dropping the rest of my points.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@PressF4Respect
nope.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Dr.Franklin
What do you mean? There wasn’t anything substantive to respond to, unless you deny me giving you reports.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@PressF4Respect
YOU FIRST cited claims that Barr lied, and that he did not. I'm not going to do your homework for you to figure that out, bud.

Immediate signs and symptoms of exposure to a riot control agent
Since the use of TG & PS are LEGAL, IU suppose that means people ought to be peaceful in their protests. That they were, or not, is not mine to establish, but since you raise the issue in the first place that Bill Barr WAS LYING, LOOKS TO BE YOURS TO SOLVE. I have no dog in the hunt.

No sense in playing this game  of who said what. Botytom line, there are better ways to protest and Greyparrot offered a very good one: Get educated, be responsible, work to solve social issues. If you think that is not a mode of protest, yo don't yet understand what public protest can be. If you're limited to shouting slogans in the street [which just repeat what's on the signs, 'so why doesn't every body just shut up and keep walking, holding their lame signs?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@PressF4Respect
I dont deny you giving reports, yet they are all biased
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@PressF4Respect
Proof? It’s protected under the 1st Amendment whether you like it or not.

The posts made could very possibly have influenced some of the protest attendees. Thus, how do you know that no actual action was likely to occur?
Again, all of the posts are investigated to ensure the person who made it is not an actual threat. The government can’t stop other people from being influenced, nor can it stop the person from exercising his 1st Amendment right. Plus the Governor is constantly under security protections. If officials find that the person making those posts is a threat, they prosecute them and the court and jury of peers decides it. That’s how the system works whether you like it or not. Simply burning an effigy is protected under the 1st Amendment.

But Trump would probably still shit his pants, evacuate the area, and call for armed guards to fire upon the protesters. lol
Prove it. I don’t want your opinion.

The point of my hypothetical is to show that if protesters do the exact same thing to the president and his staff that they did to Michigan's Capitol, then Trump would probably call them "Domestic Terrorists".
Your hypothetical isn’t even plausible. I can make what if scenarios all day. Don’t mean much if they’re not gonna happen. The conservatives had the right to march on the state capitol with guns. You can say they shouldn’t have, but you can’t deny that they have the right to do so. It’s not domestic terrorism to exercise your right. It is not your right to loot, burn, and destroy property.

Also, you seem to have gone on a tangent to a completely different topic, while (supposedly) dropping the rest of my points.
You fundamentally lack understanding of the U.S. Constitution and Federalism. I haven’t “dropped” any of your points. You on the other hand proved my points. Peace means actively trying to be peaceful. By handing over the bad agents to the police. Conservatives did that. Why can’t liberals?
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@fauxlaw
YOU FIRST cited claims that Barr lied, and that he did not. I'm not going to do your homework for you to figure that out, bud.
When did I say Bill Barr didn't lie?

Since the use of TG & PS are LEGAL, IU suppose that means people ought to be peaceful in their protests. That they were, or not, is not mine to establish, but since you raise the issue in the first place that Bill Barr WAS LYING, LOOKS TO BE YOURS TO SOLVE. I have no dog in the hunt.
So far, the only two sources established in this thread regarding this issue are the media, and Bill Barr himself. I never said the media was completely credible. I only asserted that they were more credible than Barr, for obvious reasons. If you can show me a more credible source than the media, then I will go with it. 

No sense in playing this game  of who said what. Botytom line, there are better ways to protest and Greyparrot offered a very good one: Get educated, be responsible, work to solve social issues. If you think that is not a mode of protest, yo don't yet understand what public protest can be. If you're limited to shouting slogans in the street [which just repeat what's on the signs, 'so why doesn't every body just shut up and keep walking, holding their lame signs?
I never said that protesting in the streets is the only method of demonstration. I only said that it is a valid one.

Please stop making strawmen of what I say.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I dont deny you giving reports, yet they are all biased
All I claimed was that according to reports, there was no warning. You asked me to give you those reports. I did. So what else do I have to do?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Lol, WTF...hanging an effigy is terrorism? The left has lost their goddamn minds...

Give me a fucking break. Simply wearing A MAGAhat these days can start a riot with the violent left... 

So wearing a hat is terrorism? Such wow.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol, WTF...hanging an effigy is terrorism? The left has lost their goddamn minds...
It’s funny. He posted a video of “violence” during the conservative protest and you can hear a bunch of people shouting to bring the cops to stop the two dudes from fighting and keep the protest peaceful.

Then he goes on to say burning an effigy of Whitmer is inciting violence against her and I proved that it was protected speech under the 1st Amendment.

Then he talks about the Facebook posts about death threats. And I tell him officials investigate that stuff and if there’s really a threat, they prosecute it in a court of law in front of a jury of their peers.

Then he goes on a what if rant about Trump.

Not one mention of businesses being looted, vandalized, and burned.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
How valid are protests if they accomplish nothing? - and most do not.

Are we still responsible for the sources we cite even when the say something we do not personally espouse, or should a better source be sought that has demonstrated credibility?

When the media reports two [or more] separate versions of events, are we justified in picking one of them over the other because it agrees with our pre-conceived notion of reality?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
Protests themselves aren't really the mechanism for change. Protests are just a symbol of solidarity with a promise to use peaceful means like strikes, boycotts,  and elections to bring about change.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
Worse, I think we areseeing a pattern that protests actually have negative consequences, let alone not being a vehicle for improvement.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
Because most of the protests lately have more violence and vitriolic anger than solidarity. Screaming "FUCK TRUMP" at the sky isn't a good mechanism for change.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah. After one has berated Trump for so long, they go blind. Not a good result for wishful thinking, but, that's what pound-me-too is all about: wishing.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@ILikePie5
Proof? It’s protected under the 1st Amendment whether you like it or not.

All of the posts are investigated to ensure the person who made it is not an actual threat. The government can’t stop other people from being influenced, nor can it stop the person from exercising his 1st Amendment right. Plus the Governor is constantly under security protections. If officials find that the person making those posts is a threat, they prosecute them and the court and jury of peers decides it. That’s how the system works whether you like it or not. Simply burning an effigy is protected under the 1st Amendment.
It turns out that according to Supreme Court precedent, what they did doesn't constitute "imminent" lawless action, as established by Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969) and Hess v. Indiana (1973), and thus is not illegal, at least for now (considering Supreme Court precedents can be overturned). But for the sake of it, I'll acquiesce and say that hanging an effigy alone is not illegal. However, hanging an effigy AND displaying firearms is a crime.
Michigan Compiled Laws §750.234e prohibits individuals from willfully and knowingly brandishing a firearm in public. According to MCL §750.222(c), the term “brandishing” as used in this statute refers to pointing, waving, or displaying a firearm with the intent to cause fear in another person.

The offense of brandishing a firearm in public is a misdemeanor under Michigan law that may result in up to 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $100 upon conviction. It should be noted, though, that this section does not apply to peace officers performing their official duties or individuals who are lawfully acting in self-defense or defense of another under the self-defense act.
The protesters were obviously displaying firearms. That’s a fact. The effigy, along with other signs and symbols present, also show that they were doing so with the intent to cause fear in another person (namely, Whitmer and her staff). None of the exceptions apply, as they weren’t carrying the guns in self-defence. Therefore, they can be charged with Brandishing a Firearm in Public. 

Prove it. I don’t want your opinion.
Not like it hasn't happened before.

Your hypothetical isn’t even plausible. I can make what if scenarios all day. Don’t mean much if they’re not gonna happen.
You clearly didn't get the point of my hypothetical.

The conservatives had the right to march on the state capitol with guns. You can say they shouldn’t have, but you can’t deny that they have the right to do so. It’s not domestic terrorism to exercise your right. 
See the first point of this post.

It is not your right to loot, burn, and destroy property.
Again, the protesters at the 6 PM demonstration didn't loot, burn, and destroy property.

You fundamentally lack understanding of the U.S. Constitution and Federalism.
What does this have to do with you going on tangents and dropping my points?

I haven’t “dropped” any of your points.
Yes, you have. You only responded to one of my points, meaning that you dropped the others.

You on the other hand proved my points. Peace means actively trying to be peaceful. By handing over the bad agents to the police. Conservatives did that. Why can’t liberals?
Again, how do you know there wasn't an attempt made? Oh yeah, this is one of the points you dropped.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@fauxlaw
How valid are protests if they accomplish nothing? - and most do not.
The result of the protests doesn't affect the validity of protesting at all. There's still a valid reason why one would stage a protest.

Are we still responsible for the sources we cite even when the say something we do not personally espouse
Are you still going on about the Bill Barr interview? All one can prove with that source is the fact that Bill Barr spoke those words. You can't prove anything factual with it.

or should a better source be sought that has demonstrated credibility?
If you have a better source that has demonstrated credibility, then by all means, please show me.

When the media reports two [or more] separate versions of events, are we justified in picking one of them over the other because it agrees with our pre-conceived notion of reality?
Please show me where the media reported two or more separate versions of this event.