Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@TheHammer
@Danielle
@Vaarka
@ILikePie5
Come on guys. Help town out here.

Pie should replace in for Danielle. GP probably can't because he probably has results.

Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@drafterman
Also why was Pie lynched? I just realized ethang is alive
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@drafterman
Pie should replace in for Danielle. GP probably can't because he probably has results.
Isn't that a mod decision? idk how I can "help town" in this situation

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vaarka
You can help by VTNLing. And the mod has already requested replacements, so it's up to Pie as to whether or not he wants to replace back in.

I'll take the blame for the Pie lynch. I felt he was mostly being fluffy, and read that as scum behavior.
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
They will kill someone else.
This is stock untrue. Mafia have no incentive to make town choice in who to lynch easier if they are a lynch away from a win. In this situation assuming one of us is scum.

Well, this is just a flat out lie. There is almost never a case where Mafia would want to waive their kill. 

And this, if it is MYLO, is one of them where they would no kill because killing actually helps town by eliminating via PoE and increasing the probability of lynching scum.

There is literally no benefit to risking a game loss right now as opposed to waiting until the next phase

And there is going to be that same risk tomorrow. 

That doesn't "screw town" it just means we're in the same position,

You obviously misunderstood this. I was saying if we are both town, town is screwed because one of us dies at that point, causing the lynch of the other. 

VTNL'ing is not some brilliant idea as you probably because again, you said it and I said it

it just means we're in the same position tomorrow

And having to "random lynch" between us. Do you not comprehend probabilities? How is 1/4(25%) greater than 1/2(50%)? If 1/2 is a random lynch, then 1/4 is pissing in the wind.

Again, you are trying to present VTNl'ing as if it's smart, likely because

with the potential for more investigative results.

When town can't trust either of our results and is still going to be left lynching "randomly"(lol) between us tomorrow. 
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@drafterman
You can help by VTNLing.
How does that help? We could just, oh I don't know, lynch someone else?

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vaarka
How does that help? We could just, oh I don't know, lynch someone else?
If we're wrong, we lose. Why risk it?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Also, I'd be interested in you linking to any game where Mafia waived a kill because it was MYLO

Happens all the time on Epic Mafia and other mafia sites. No kill followed by fake doc/nk save claim, or even just no killing at MYLO to keep probabilities the lowest. This is a weak AF argument in line with Danielle last game and "VTNL'ing used to be the standard" 

So? Mathematically it's half the time the absolute wrong choice. Just like killing at MYLO is mathematically the wrong choice for mafia. It's not gonna take a genius to compromise that

1/4(25%) is less than 1/3(33.3_%). That ls not exactly game breaking analysis, it's grade school percentages. 
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
Reference a single game where mafia waived a kill at MYLO, or GTFO.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
If we're wrong, we lose. Why risk it?

How do you propose town magically rise themselves out of MYLO so as to not be risking a loss with any lynch? Do you possibly the means of reviving dead townies to take us out of MYLO?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
Reference a single DDO game where mafia waived a kill at MYLO, or GTFO.
drafterman
drafterman
Here's another thing, Budda. If you were town so set on lynching at MYLO you'd - oh I don't know - actually be trying to decide on who to lynch! But you're not. Because you're not town. You're scum.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
Finding a DDO game where mafia waived a kill at MYLO shouldn't me too hard. It's SOP, remember? It'd be stupid of them not to waive their kill. Remember?

Oh, but you can't. Because it doesn't happen because it isn't SOP.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vaarka
Budda is blatantly lying about how this game is played. What do you think about that? Have you ever heard of Mafia waiving their kill at MYLO?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman

Dude its called a no-kill gambit. 

Always lynch. Scum are under no obligation to kill, and will do so if they believe it helps them. So basically, by nolynching, you're saying to the scum 'Hey, if you think you can improve your chances by killing, we'll let you, otherwise we'll return to the status quo.'

VTNL'ing places the power right back in the hands of mafia. If they kill, they kill someone beneficial to them winning. Or they no kill and we're right back at this exact same point tomorrow 

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
Reference a single DDO game where mafia waived a kill at MYLO, or GTFO.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Budda is blatantly lying about how this game is played.

No I'm not, neither of us are. You are using experience primarily from here as to what SoP's have been here. But the SoP's here are not always good choices. VTNL'ing DP1 is one of those SoP's thats a poor choice. VTNL'ing at MYLO is another one. 

My arguments here are if anything super consistent with my general view of mafia. This is one of the exact reasons why I argue against VTNL's on DP1 too.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman

Oh wow, because the only place where mafia is ever played is DDO. And the players who play here, only ever play here and certainly don't pick up on superior strategies elsewhere or through grade school probability analysis and rationale. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Oh, but you can't. Because it doesn't happen because it isn't SOP.

I must have missed the part where DDO SoP is gospel and is always followed. I'm left wondering why pie was lynched though because SoP on DDO is to VTNL DP1 😏
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
Reference a single DDO game where mafia waived a kill at MYLO, or GTFO. You said it was SOP, remember? Gambits aren't SOP.
drafterman
drafterman
For the record:

Budda is claiming that something that never happens is SOP.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Lol did i just blow up ur No-kill Gambit ahead of time? You planning on having ur scummate claim doc with a save after a no kill? 

Cause it's looking an awfully lot like ur pissed that I'm pointing out how maf NK'ing at MYLO is actually generally unbeneficial to them? Whether they kill or not, they're still one lynch away from a win regardless. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Budda is claiming that something that never happens is SOP

Where did i ever claim it was SoP?
drafterman
drafterman

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
I said assuming a kill at MYLO is stupid because generally mafia do not benefit from it, town does. 

That doesnt mean it's SoP. Just like VTNL'ing on DP1 being stupid, doesn't change that most of the time there are still VTNL's. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
The post was

No killing at MYLO is SoP, no? 

It was a question. Because on EM it happens often. My primary experience is from there, hence why I reference it.

I must have missed the part in grammar where questions are statements of fact? 

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
Where did i ever claim it was SoP?

Now:
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
VTNL'ing at MYLO is absolutely stupid though. I'm sorry you can't comprehend probability. I'm also sorry that you obviously think DDO SoP is gospel. It's not, just like VTNL'ing DP1 wasn't gospel because rationally and mathematically it doesn't make sense. 

drafterman
drafterman
For the record:

VTNL can't make town's position worse.
It can possibly make our position better.

Why lynch, again?

Oh, right, because you want to win the game right now rather than risk getting outed tomorrow with additional investigative results.