If left wing economics are bad, why are blue states the economic powerhouses?

Author: Nemiroff

Total: 56
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
And of course everyone always blames everyone else and everyone is always righteous.

So where would you prefer to live right now....The U.S.A. or China

I would suggest that libertarianism is a whole lot better than authoritarianism.
Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
-->
@zedvictor4
Usa is not liberitarian. No 1st world nation is liberitarian. 
Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@ethang5
@zedvictor4
Please explain how debt is bad if every successful private business of any scale is loaded with debt?

Apple has cash on hand more than most nations... still hasnt paid of its debt.

Low interest debt is often very much worth a high return investment such as infastructure or investing in your people with healthcare and education. Your worship of the free market (even only focusing on the successful ones) betrays your fear of debt. 

And your economics is so 101. You do realize 101 is just an introductory course?

Maybe thats why blue states are so successful.
Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@ethang5
Blue states are responsible for 73% of the national debt. Without the fed (as in other states) to bail them out, Cali, Washington, and Hawaii would collapse economically.
Actually blue states send more money to the fed than they get back. Red states take more from the fed and are the ones responsible for the fed debt.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Nemiroff
I will put my hand up and say that I do not understand macro economics....Though it does seem that debt is something of an irrelevance at this level anyway.

Perhaps you can explain who actually is indebted to who......Especially as virtually all nations have a national debt.

Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@zedvictor4
I don't  speak for most nations, but most us debt is owed to the us taxpayer.
Most private debt is owed to private investors or banks. So in essence we are indebted to ourselves, and i believe i get my money back with interest in the form of quality education, infrastructure, healthcare. We just need to make sure there is accountability (aka beuracracy) to follow that money.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Nemiroff
Based upon that analysis do you agree then that national debt  perhaps remains  more of a  bureaucratic concept, rather that being an actual  monetary reality.

Nonetheless, when a government announces that is going to increase borrowing, who what or where does it borrow from?....Considering that most nations have a national debt,  and therefore, presumably nothing to lend.

Martians perhaps.
Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@zedvictor4
We sell federal bonds to local investors looking to make a profit when the bonds mature. We can also sell those bonds to international investors. No martians needed, but if they have legal currency bonds are available to anyone with the ability to buy them.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Nemiroff
Thanks.

It's an issue that I have never taken an interest in, so therefore find it somewhat baffling....I think I will do a bit more reading on the subject.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
So where would you prefer to live right now....The U.S.A. or China
How is this relevant? China has fewer liberals but the US has more rights. And further, I am an American, I like my home.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Nemiroff
Please explain how debt is bad if every successful private business of any scale is loaded with debt?
When did I say debt is bad? This is off topic, but I doubt debt is good because most countries have it.

Your worship of the free market (even only focusing on the successful ones) betrays your fear of debt. 
Lol. I can see your belief in your dogma greatly trumps reality.

And your economics is so 101. You do realize 101 is just an introductory course?
When you can find a fact that contradicts what I said, you will be more convincing. You said the blue states were more economically successful. This is untrue. It isn't politics, its fact.

Maybe that's why blue states are so successful.
Blue states are successful because 101 is just an introductory course? Cause that is what your "that's" above seems to refer.

You want liberal policies to be successful because your dogma says they should be, you you bend, contort, and disregard reality. Do you know how many people were shot and killed in New York, Atlanta, and D.C. in the last few days?

Blue states were "successful" because they pack themselves with low wage minorities who will keep voting for them like sheep. And still their model was unsustainable. Wealth producing people are fleeing their states. November is coming.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Exactly.

I would suggest that despising liberals whilst simultaneously basking in the comfort of a liberal society is somewhat contradictory, if not hypocritical.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Nemiroff
If right-wing economics were so bad, how come Red states have less homeless people and better costs of living?

How come so many more people are leaving Blue states to immigrate to Red states than the other way around?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I would suggest that despising liberals whilst simultaneously basking in the comfort of a liberal society is somewhat contradictory, if not hypocritical.
I don't live in a liberal society. You're the one who thinks his liberal bubble is the world. Come November, you and the other bubbleboys will get another shock from the real world.

If brexit and Boris, were not enough for you, reality has more shockers in store. Keep holding that scrap of paper in your hand Mr. Chamberlain, facts don't care about your feelings.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
A society is obviously controlled by the nature of a society....Nonetheless, in comparative terms The U.S.A. is an extremely liberal society...And you benefit thus.....And It would be wise not to forget this.

And I would suggest that you are fettered only by your own conditioned conservatism within your own personal bubble.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
...in comparative terms The U.S.A. is an extremely liberal society...
Compared to whom? America can also be said to be extremely conservative society in comparative terms. So what?

...And you benefit thus...
Nonsense. I benefit from obeying the rules of His Majesty Jesus Christ and keeping commonsense about me. I avoid group-think and faddish political correctness. Finally, I work, ant that benefits me. The "liberal society" in America wants to corrupt my children, tax me to death, and deny my values in favor of liberal idiocy like multiple genders, multiculturalism, and abortion.

And I would suggest that...
Yeah, yeah, I know what you suggest, and I'll keep telling you, your opinions are not facts. Reality doesn't reside between your ears.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Well the reality is, that our only reality resides only between our ears....Which is also the only place where your "Majesty" exists....Think about it.

And you avoid group thinking, yet continually argue for the success of the Christian group and the conservative group.

And children are corrupted with ideology, whether that be your ideology or someone else's.....Conditioning....Just as you and I were corrupted with ideology.

And America is a nation of sub-groupings that expound varying ideologies....Though in comparison to other Nation States the U.S.A  and the U.K. are relatively liberal.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Well the reality is, that our only reality resides only between our ears....Which is also the only place where your "Majesty" exists....Think about it.
I have, and I rejected it as self-contradictory nonsense. The reality between your ears is just your perception caused by the reality outside your head. The reality outside your head resides outside your head, which is why the world remains when you sleep.

And America is a nation of sub-groupings...
I said I did not live in a liberal society. Address the points put to you.

Just as you and I were corrupted with ideology
Speak for yourself. You were corrupted with illogical nonsense.

And you avoid group thinking, yet continually argue for the success of the Christian group and the conservative group.
I argue for reason and logic. Whoever agrees with me is incidental. "Groupthink" doesn't mean you are never a member of a group, but that you do not allow your thinking to be determined by the group.

You've admitted being terrified at His excellency, King Jesus. You should be. But thinking He is only your imagination will not invalidate Him. When an ostrich sticks his head in the sand, the world doesn't disappear. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Rejected.
Only to be expected.

The reality outside your head, resides outside your head.
A rare flash of logic.

Liberal is as liberal does and you would probably be the first to complain if your liberal lifestyle was taken away.

Ideology is as ideology does and every one is corrupted with someone else's  ideology....It's the nature of the beast....And so my sense is your illogical nonsense, and vice versa.

You continually revel in the glory of the Christian and Conservative  Groupthinks....Yet you seem terrified by your commitments.

And you still haven't explained what it is, that you imagine is terrifying me......As a character contained within a naive, pseudo-hypothetical  mythology isn't going to stop me sleeping at night.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Virginia isn't even truly blue. Hillary won because of Tim Kaine. She was losing for most of the race but made a comeback
DC suburbs (NoVa)
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Rejected.

Only to be expected.
You know me well enough to know that I always reject silliness.

A rare flash of logic.
Maybe now it will occur to you too.

Liberal is as liberal does....
Ideology is as ideology does...
I count tautology as silliness too. And you know what I do with silliness.

And so my sense is your illogical nonsense, and vice versa.
This is one of liberalism's more stupid ideas. It is actually saying that there is no objective sense, that anything can qualify as objective sense, and that we have no way of discerning good sense from stupidity. Just illogical.

Yet you seem terrified by your commitments.
Well, it was you who said you were terrified. It's on record, so you projecting here is nothing I need to rebut. You've done that for me already.

You've admitted being terrified at His excellency, King Jesus. You should be. But thinking He is only your imagination will not invalidate Him. When an ostrich sticks his head in the sand, the world doesn't disappear.

And you still haven't explained what it is, that you imagine is terrifying me......
You said you were terrified genius. Did you forget? Terrifying things are difficult to talk about.

As a character contained within a naive, pseudo-hypothetical  mythology isn't going to stop me sleeping at night.
But it does cause you, an atheist, to reside on a religion board. Remember, your opinions are not reality. Your opinion of Christianity reside ONLY in your head.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Terrified genius....Nope....You definitely made that one up.

And residing on a religious board...LOL....Your personal assumption that Debateart has a Christian pat on the back club.....Nope...As I keep trying to explain, just a global debating forum....Atheists to be expected....Whatever your personal definition of an atheist might be.

And remember, your opinions are not reality...Your opinion of Christianity, resides ONLY in your head.....Which is what I've been trying to tell you all along....Though, well done for finally admitting I was right.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Terrified genius....Nope....You definitely made that one up.
Lol. Someone did.

And residing on a religious board...LOL....Your personal assumption that Debateart has a Christian pat on the back club.....Nope...
Nooo. It was called the religion board because that name was picked randomly.

As I keep trying to explain, just a global debating forum....Atheists to be expected....Whatever your personal definition of an atheist might be.
They sure are expected on the religion board.

And remember, your opinions are not reality...
How can you know? You've said you can only know what's in your head. Just because you don't feel any need to adhere to logic, doesn't mean your illogical contradictions will stick.

Your opinion of Christianity, resides ONLY in your head.....Which is what I've been trying to tell you all along....Though, well done for finally admitting I was right.
Whenever I go to church, and I've attended church services all over the world, here are very many people "in my head". See genius, the outside world, what we call reality, should agree with the opinions in your head. That way, you don't have to substitute your opinions for reality.

Don't worry. I know why so many of you atheists park on the religion board. I like you being here, I just won't pretend that its all a global debating forum. If it were, we wouldn't need separate boards.

As you get older, you will move away from nihilism. As you gain experience, you will become less sophistic. But until you do.......weeeeeeeeee!!
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
As you get older.
Well I'm  a year older than you, so presumably the same applies to you.....You will move away from nihilistic theism and sophistry and then weeeeeeee!! freedom or dementia.

Maybe dementia is freedom?

I will take being referred to as a sophist as a compliment, therefore I felt that I should return the compliment.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Well I'm  a year older than you,....
Chronologically perhaps, if entries on a profile page are to be believed.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
I believe you.