Why Is Christianity #1?

Author: ethang5

Total: 106
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Your question was about WHY Christianity has survived. I have told you why. 
And my reply was, "Ok, Mr. Researcher."

So it has EVERYTHING to do with just about every thing. If it were not for Constantine's desperate and  convenient "vision"  and making it the state religion, Christianity would be long forgotten. 
Lol! OK genius.

...it has EVERYTHING to do with just about every thing
Lol! Someone should pay Mike for this kind of entertainment.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Your question was about WHY Christianity has survived. I have told you why. 
And my reply was, "Ok, Mr. Researcher."

Indeed.  And you should try it yourself sometime instead of being led by the nose and spoon fed  what only your elders want you to hear and believe. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
If you had attended college, you would not now be thinking google is research.

Lol!
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

You should try >> reading<< The Rise and fall Of he Roman Empire, petal.  But not before you have taxed your pea  with a reading of The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. There is quite a lot about the making of Christianity in both those books..   You should also give Flavius Josephus a go too. He tells it a  bit more honest than the New Testament and minus the so called "miracles".  Off you go. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Name dropping will not trick the educated into thinking you've been to school.

You gave us your opinion. Other people gave different answers. I don't have to accept your answer or agree with it.

Like all poorly educated people, you think the stuff you read online is absolute truth because some academic wrote it.

It's actually cute.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Name dropping will not trick the educated into thinking you've been to school.

They were the titles of books , you idiot ! They weren't names.

You gave us your opinion. Other people gave different answers.
Looking through this thread I have noticed "other people"  gave the same or a similar answers to mine. Only I gave a little more detail. SEE FOR YOURSELF>>> Here>> #3 and here > #4 and here > #6 and here #9 . 

My,  you expose your own  ignorance by the second of every day.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Why do you think that the ever so biblically ignorant ethang5 has run away from my complete post #7 within this thread?  Is it because it contained more than 2 syllable words that he is not comfortable with? Or maybe, it contained the actual truth, as explicitly shown, that poor ol' ethang5 continually runs away from ad infinitum? The irony is that he is burdensome to others within his own created thread. To use his terminology, isn't it "cute?" LOL!

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
They were the titles of books , you idiot ! They weren't names.
Flavius Josephus is a name, college graduate.

Looking through this thread I have noticed "other people"  gave the same or a similar answers to mine.
Then your answer was redundant wasn't it?

Lol, If you say so flavius.
wlowsi9
wlowsi9
-->
@Dr.Franklin
are you like that on purpose?
It's a bit like life itsel really, isn't it?

It has no purpose.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@wlowsi9
Ouch! Sting.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Here are the stats that Stephen is afraid to show you. He can't fap anymore if he posts this.

Notice the link is from The Pew Research Center, a link Stephen  himself used.. So he went to the site, but came away pretending he could not get global stats. And he calls others liars!

And note, Pew is a site hostile to Christianity.

The world’s Christian population is expected to grow from 2.2 billion in 2010 to 2.9 billion in 2050. Nearly one-in-three people worldwide (31%) are expected to be Christian at mid-century

Oops!

Christianity has spread far from its historical origins and is geographically widespread. As noted in a 2011 Pew Research Center report on global Christianity, it has become a more geographically diverse religion since 1910, becoming less concentrated in Europe and more evenly distributed throughout the Americas, sub-Saharan Africa and the Asia-Pacific region.

Europe is the only region where the absolute number of Christians is expected to decline by 2050. Europe’s Christian population is projected to fall from 553 million in 2010 to 454 million in 2050. During this period, the share of Europe’s population that identifies as Christian also is expected to decline, from 75% to 65%.
In all other regions, the absolute number of Christians is expected to grow in the coming decades.

What will you do now festus? Spam your "reports" again?
Stephen
Stephen

Oops!

Christianity has spread far from its historical origins and is geographically widespread. As noted in a 2011 Pew Research Center report on global Christianity, it has become a more geographically diverse religion since 1910, becoming less concentrated in Europe and more evenly distributed throughout the Americas, sub-Saharan Africa and the Asia-Pacific region.
And although it has spread Christian numbers are on the decline  . As pew themselves that you have reposted states clearly:

"Europe is the only region where the absolute number of Christians is expected to decline by 2050. Europe’s Christian population is projected to fall from 553 million in 2010 to 454 million in 2050. During this period, the share of Europe’s population that identifies as Christian also is expected to decline, from 75% to 65%.
In all other regions, the absolute number of Christians is expected to grow in the coming decades".

Nice little graph here showing the rapid fall in numbers of Christians in 21 countries of Europe.

Czech Rep.
Estonia
Sweden
Netherlands
UK
Hungary
Belgium
France
Finland
Denmark
Norway
Spain
Russia
Switzerland
Germany
Portugal
Ireland
Slovenia
Austria
Lithuania
Poland

1. 'Christianity as default is gone': the rise of a non-Christian Europe
Figuresshow a majority of young adults in 12 countries have no faith, withCzechs least religious

While Muslim numbers grow at a rate of 14 to one. so if you are going to quote Pew as I did,  at least be honest enough to tell the whole story. 

You gave us your opinion. Other people gave different answers.
Looking through this thread I have noticed "other people"  gave the same or a similar answers to mine. Only I gave a little more detail. SEE FOR YOURSELF>>> Here>> #3 and here > #4 and here > #6 and here #9 . 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Stephen
Added 07.09.20 10:15AM
--> @oromagi
Muhammad commanded tolerance for Jews and Christians. 

Did he ? When?
All his life.  Remember that Muhammad grew up among Jewish nomadic tribes and Christian cities and Muhammad considered himself a continuation of both traditions.

Here's some examples

Whenever Christian monks, devotees and pilgrims gather together, whether in a mountain or valley, or den, or frequented place, or plain, or church, or in houses of worship, verily we are [at the] back of them and shall protect them, and their properties and their morals, by Myself, by My Friends and by My Assistants, for they are of My Subjects and under My Protection.
I shall exempt them from that which may disturb them; of the burdens which are paid by others as an oath of allegiance. They must not give anything of their income but that which pleases them—they must not be offended, or disturbed, or coerced or compelled. Their judges should not be changed or prevented from accomplishing their offices, nor the monks disturbed in exercising their religious order, or the people of seclusion be stopped from dwelling in their cells.
No one is allowed to plunder these Christians, or destroy or spoil any of their churches, or houses of worship, or take any of the things contained within these houses and bring it to the houses of Islam. And he who takes away anything therefrom, will be one who has corrupted the oath of God, and, in truth, disobeyed His Messenger.
Jizya should not be put upon their judges, monks, and those whose occupation is the worship of God; nor is any other thing to be taken from them, whether it be a fine, a tax or any unjust right. Verily I shall keep their compact, wherever they may be, in the sea or on the land, in the East or West, in the North or South, for they are under My Protection and the testament of My Safety, against all things which they abhor.
No taxes or tithes should be received from those who devote themselves to the worship of God in the mountains, or from those who cultivate the Holy Lands. No one has the right to interfere with their affairs, or bring any action against them. Verily this is for aught else and not for them; rather, in the seasons of crops, they should be given a Kadah for each Ardab of wheat (about five bushels and a half) as provision for them, and no one has the right to say to them 'this is too much', or ask them to pay any tax.
As to those who possess properties, the wealthy and merchants, the poll-tax to be taken from them must not exceed twelve drachmas a head per year (i.e. about 200 modern day US dollars).
They shall not be imposed upon by anyone to undertake a journey, or to be forced to go to wars or to carry arms; for the Muslims have to fight for them. Do no dispute or argue with them, but deal according to the verse recorded in the Quran, to wit: ‘Do not dispute or argue with the People of the Book but in that which is best’ . Thus they will live favored and protected from everything which may offend them by the Callers to religion (Islam), wherever they may be and in any place they may dwell.
Should any Christian woman be married to a Muslim, such marriage must not take place except after her consent, and she must not be prevented from going to her church for prayer. Their churches must be honored and they must not be withheld from building churches or repairing convents.
They must not be forced to carry arms or stones; but the Muslims must protect them and defend them against others. It is positively incumbent upon every one of the follower of Islam not to contradict or disobey this oath until the Day of Resurrection and the end of the world."

"In the name of God, the Merciful, the Beneficent. This is what Muhammad, the Prophet and God’s Messenger, has written down for the people of Najran when he has the authority over all their fruits, gold, silver, crops and slaves. He has benevolently left them all that in return for 2,000 hullas every year, 1,000 to be given in the month of Rajab and 1,000 in the month of Safar. Each hulla is equal to one ounce [a measure equal to 4 dirhams]. The Najran are also required to provide accommodation and expenses for my messengers, for up to 20 days. None of my messengers shall be kept in Najran more than one month. They are also required to give, as a loan, 30 shields, 30 horses and 30 camels, in case of any disorder and treachery in Yemen. If anything is lost of the shields, horses or camels they loan to my messenger, it will remain owing by my messenger until it is given back. Najran has the protection of God and the pledges of Muhammad, the Prophet, to protect their lives, faith, land, property, those who are absent and those who are present, and their clan and allies. They need not change anything of their past customs. No right of theirs or their religion shall be altered. No bishop, monk or church guard shall be removed from his position. Whatever they have is theirs, no matter how big or small. They are not held in suspicion and they shall suffer no vengeance killing. They are not required to be mobilized and no army shall trespass on their land. If any of them requests that any right of his should be given to him, justice shall be administered among them. He who takes usury on past loans is not under my protection. No person in Najran is answerable for an injustice committed by another."

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@oromagi
Added 07.09.20 10:15AM
--> @oromagi
Muhammad commanded tolerance for Jews and Christians. 

Did he ? When?
All his life.  Remember that Muhammad grew up among Jewish nomadic tribes and Christian cities and Muhammad considered himself a continuation of both traditions.

Here's some examples

And here's a few more :

Quran 51 - You,who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies.They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you – then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

Quran8:12 - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. There fore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them".

Quran 8:39
And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah. And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.

There are well over 100 verses like this in Quran that  contradict what you have claimed. You do understand that the Quran to Muslims is the last and unalterable word of god don't you?

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
I absolutely agree that Christianity is #1. I will place an imaginary asterisk there though. Basically just expounding on Ethan's post, and not in anyway a contradiction.

It's not the concept of Christianity that is popular. It's the fact that it's "truth" that makes it #1. If it wasn't for that, it's quite possible that one of the non-monotheistic, eastern/Asian, reincarnation themed religions may have had the top vote. In other words, a personal God who holds all men accountable probably wouldn't make for a religion of choice for most people.....if spiritual or religious truth was somehow optional.

However, to add in another asterisk, there are still xenophobic westerners who would prefer identity with Christianity because they mistake it to be a European religion. (Obviously, if anything, it would be an Asian religion if we have to attach a region to it.)

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ethang5
Why is Christianity # 1 ?

Because there is heaps of religion's , religious groups, they can be Numbered one to Christ knows what. 
Sooooooooo,  (   E tag has made a list or scale if you will of  ( WHO KNOWS  )  andddddddd,  on said list,  ' He pongs '  has the Christians at number one..       " Christianity " 

Quick recap.   WHY IS CHRISTIANITY # 1. ?   
Becauseeeee Christianity in this case is on some kind of list.  

As I've not a clue why" Christ any T "  is Number 1. I'm a have it a guess. 

Ummmmmmmm.     What kind of list would have Christ at one. 
Wow , great queation.  Maybe it's like a dick head list. ,   Which group contains the greatest per capita.  Dick heads.       
Or 
Or 
Christianity is #1  because Islamic or bloody Islam is # 2.  anddddd for Islamic to be # 2.  Position  # 1 has been filled.  

Now I am looking into to much hey? 

I'm  going to stick with the group with the most dlck heads. 
Lock it in. 

She Wang , I mean He pongs. 
Ethang ? 
Is it a contains most Dlck head list. 

Good game. 
Good game.